Ashba about next album: "We're talking about that right now"

Azazel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well didn't BBF say that he would want them to go into the studio during breaks from tour, make a new song and do a quick release to radio...

I suppose anything is possible.

Did he?

Yeah, it was a interview he did, will try and find it.

what about the CD era shit that we havent heard? is that going to be there? going to be really disappointing if it isn't.

AGREED, I want to hear more songs from that era, than something that is quickly written/recorded and pumped out by the current band

I want to hear it as much as you but come on, CD fell flat. The whole avant-garde style of music really had no shot at being successful and I would rather Guns N Roses be relevant and successful then not. What they need is palpable music. You don't have to "sell out" to make music that people will enjoy. I think Darren's capable of bringing a much more palpable, melodically conscious sound to this band and I for one, would like to hear it.

Plus, as I've said a billion times, CD era music is ancient. None of it will sound relevant or BE relevant. I say release that shit via itunes under the name "CD sessions" or something and write an entirely new record with the new band and release it fresh.

I don't think "palpable" means what you think it means. To palpate means to physically touch. Maybe you mean palatable. :)

what about the CD era shit that we havent heard? is that going to be there? going to be really disappointing if it isn't.

AGREED, I want to hear more songs from that era, than something that is quickly written/recorded and pumped out by the current band

I want to hear it as much as you but come on, CD fell flat. The whole avant-garde style of music really had no shot at being successful and I would rather Guns N Roses be relevant and successful then not. What they need is palpable music. You don't have to "sell out" to make music that people will enjoy. I think Darren's capable of bringing a much more palpable, melodically conscious sound to this band and I for one, would like to hear it.

Plus, as I've said a billion times, CD era music is ancient. None of it will sound relevant or BE relevant. I say release that shit via itunes under the name "CD sessions" or something and write an entirely new record with the new band and release it fresh.

I don't think "palpable" means what you think it means. To palpate means to physically touch. Maybe you mean palatable. :)

Nah, it's palpable. After you said that I was like...wait..lol and made sure I was right. Palpable is what I'm looking for here.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/palpable

What's the antonym for palpable?...obscure.

I hope ashba isn't sacked for saying this! :S

Fingers crossed they record it and release it fast and don't fuck around with it too much.

All good news! :D

LP

that would make no sense since guns official facebook posted a link to the video. if he wasn't allowed to say it, why promote it?

but yeah, its good news :D

Edited by henfjel

Cool news.

What would be cool if they were working on it during the November break and release it before the U.S. tour. Even if they're re-recording parts from old material, it's still new material that I wanna hear. Axl has to do something with the old material and I doubt he'll just throw it away.

Maybe release a 2 disc set:

Disc One: "End of Forever/Guns N' Roses/Chinese Democracy 2" Brand new material written with DJ and Bumblefoot.

Disc 2: Untouched Bucket-Finck material. Song's like Atlas Shrugged, The General, Leave Me Alone and Berlin.

One can only dream.

no one can say when the album is ready except for Axl because hes responsible for the success or failure from an album (in the critics eyes anyway) so time isnt an issue to him in getting something out that he is proud of, you cant sacrifice quality for time.

sooner more people realize this is how Axl operates, the better it is, im not holding out for anything except when they come down under in a months time

If GNR wont release a new album, I hope Sixx A.M. will release "This Is Gonna Hurt" album early next year. I'm now enjoying listening to "The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack", these 3 guys are really great creating music.

Sixx A.M. releases their album early next year 2011 and so GNR..... ??? Ashba ???

This Is Gonna Hurt will be out in March :thumbsup:

If GNR wont release a new album, I hope Sixx A.M. will release "This Is Gonna Hurt" album early next year. I'm now enjoying listening to "The Heroin Diaries Soundtrack", these 3 guys are really great creating music.

Sixx A.M. releases their album early next year 2011 and so GNR..... ??? Ashba ???

This Is Gonna Hurt will be out in March :thumbsup:

Is the album gonna be named that? I know Nikki's book is.