Ashba about next album: "We're talking about that right now"

Azazel

Why is it that whenver someone in the band offers something slightly positive about the future, someone else in the Guns camp has to rush in and do damage control. "I know what's been said, but let me assure you all, the future is still bleak, dark and boring. Sorrrrry." :shock:

to avoid the inevitable outcry that would have occurred had someone not said "woooh lets back up a bit, don't get ahead of yourselves"

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know about you, but I'm still digesting Chinese Democracy. I think it's too soon for a new album. I'm not ready.

Take 'Better' for example.

In 2006 I thought it was great, but then after listening to it for a year I realized in early 2007 that it was simply awesome.

When 2008 rolled around and I heard the album version with that cool slide covering up the Pittman synth breakdown in the middle I realized it was no longer simply awesome, but had evoled into a song that was ultra-killer.

In 2009 i listened to it a lot, and I realized that my initial assumption was correct- 'Better' is a great song.

That all changed in 2010 when I heard the live versions from Canada. I now realize that 'Better' is pure genius and totally rad!

Who knows what 2011 will bring?

I feel that a new album now is the wrong time - I'm afraid it will spoil my listening experience of ChiDem - I haven't even listened to the whol album backwards yet!

Now, don't even get me started on Madagascar ...

From GNR Evolution Q&A With Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal:

Ah man, I never get into things that haven't happened - it can affect the final outcome of things, ya can't do that. It's like going up to a stranger and saying, 'In 10 seconds I'm gonna try to steal your car.' Guaranteed, the outcome won't be the same. So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did. In my own band, there's less riding on things, it's ok to open the window and let everyone see inside. And I enjoy that, making videos in the studio as an album's being recorded, letting people know what I'm planning for myself - no biggie, if the plans don't happen, it's not like multi-million dollar companies have invested time and the work of hundreds of people are affected by the change. There's a need for protection and privacy when it comes to GNR bizz, or anything on that level. I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did.

[...]

I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

Edited by ManetsBR

Well I don't know about you, but I'm still digesting Chinese Democracy. I think it's too soon for a new album. I'm not ready.

Take 'Better' for example.

In 2006 I thought it was great, but then after listening to it for a year I realized in early 2007 that it was simply awesome.

When 2008 rolled around and I heard the album version with that cool slide covering up the Pittman synth breakdown in the middle I realized it was no longer simply awesome, but had evoled into a song that was ultra-killer.

In 2009 i listened to it a lot, and I realized that my initial assumption was correct- 'Better' is a great song.

That all changed in 2010 when I heard the live versions from Canada. I now realize that 'Better' is pure genius and totally rad!

Who knows what 2011 will bring?

I feel that a new album now is the wrong time - I'm afraid it will spoil my listening experience of ChiDem - I haven't even listened to the whol album backwards yet!

Now, don't even get me started on Madagascar ...

I stopped listening to CD 2 years ago. I'm ready for a new one.

Putting that together maybe, just maybe, the plan is to just get all the CD era stuff done (sorta like they did with illusions) and then start over.

We've heard talk of remix albums as well as CD being a double. If those songs are already recorded, which I believe they are, then hell, why not release them in some low profile way? Either as a couple of EP's where the songs that fit together musically could go.

1. so on and so forth. It could work and then the bit about all the pressure could be reduced. Just release EP's to you hearts desire Axl. Its cheaper and the songs still get heard.

2. a two disc ep with the remaining songs or an album and then the just release all the "versions" of songs for the diehards to listen to. I'd buy everything as would 95% of those on these message boards.

That would certainly satisfy me........for about three months. :)

Edited by tange

I want the chinese democracy songs before a 'new, new' album anyway. I've been looking forward to hearing these tracks for years!!!

What I understood from Ron's comments, is that, sooner than later we'll have CD2... or at least some tracks from it.

I just don't understand. Ron shut down the rumors again.

Just as the other time DJ talked about a new album.

What's wrong with this band? Does Axl gives them different instructions or what?

I mean, how can that be? DJ says: "We're talking about it right now" and Ron comes and say "No we're not". And that happened two times.

From GNR Evolution Q&A With Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal:

Ah man, I never get into things that haven't happened - it can affect the final outcome of things, ya can't do that. It's like going up to a stranger and saying, 'In 10 seconds I'm gonna try to steal your car.' Guaranteed, the outcome won't be the same. So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did. In my own band, there's less riding on things, it's ok to open the window and let everyone see inside. And I enjoy that, making videos in the studio as an album's being recorded, letting people know what I'm planning for myself - no biggie, if the plans don't happen, it's not like multi-million dollar companies have invested time and the work of hundreds of people are affected by the change. There's a need for protection and privacy when it comes to GNR bizz, or anything on that level. I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

So I never talk about plans, things that haven't happened yet - also, as I'm here typing this, managers could be walking out of a meeting in LA, and I don't know what's up until they tell me. Anything I'd say would be mis-information until it's so absolutely undeniably definite, in which case you'd probably find out from them soon after I did.

[...]

I know it can make you feel frustrated, invisible, abandoned - even though it sucks, I hope you understand that there's too much at stake to risk being irresponsible with information.

that's a couple of months old, right?

NuGnR fans better hope they release the ChiDem leftovers because, based on Bumbles comments and Axl's history, I get the feeling we will not see an album of new music from the curent lineup anytime soon

I don't know if I'd call them "leftovers"... UYI had how many songs from AFD era that were "leftovers"? I think they have enough material to work with and make a new disc of songs. They don't have the delays and setbacks, the band's coming right off the road, and in between down time, might be hitting the studio, and I'm pretty sure some of the band members are going to give some sort of hint that they're working on new music. The question is if the people in the touring band are going to stay on for next year, or he's bringing some people back, even if it's just in the studio. The door's open for Izzy and Duff to write new songs with him, even if they're not physically there working on the songs.

GUNS N' ROSES fans shouldn't expect a new studio album from the band anytime soon, according to the band's guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Even though GUNS N' ROSES axeman D.J. Ashba said in an interview at last week's launch party for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" video game that the band is "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for its next CD,Bumblefoot doesn't believe that a new GN'R album will surface in the foreseeable future. He writes on his Facebook page, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band." He adds, " know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if aGN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149257

fuck, anyone else think its like we are stuck on a constant merry go round , one person says something good, the next its shutdown, and then the ride starts again.

im dizzzzzzzzy

This Is why Axl Wants his band mates to keep there fuckin mouths shut...........

Anyone else find Ron kinda not the same as the 06 tour, doesnt seem to be interested, anyone think that he may have been pissed when DJ was added to the band, AS maybe he thought he payed his dues and should have been the Lead Guitar player? Just a question, Dont bite my head off to much :P

how would they choose the lead guitarist anyway, does 1 volunteer out of the 3, or does Axl think 1 may be a better fit, or does ones image or ability is more important?

This Is why Axl Wants his band mates to keep there fuckin mouths shut...........

Anyone else find Ron kinda not the same as the 06 tour, doesnt seem to be interested, anyone think that he may have been pissed when DJ was added to the band, AS maybe he thought he payed his dues and should have been the Lead Guitar player? Just a question, Dont bite my head off to much :P

If Axl didn't want the other members talking don't you think he would just tell them to shut the fuck up?

If Axl didn't want the other members talking don't you think he would just tell them to shut the fuck up?

It depends, damned if you do, damned if you dont,

the band members might speak out on something to clear the air on the goings on, but in doing so, it might be taken out of context, such as this whole new album debacle. The band members are trying to do right for the fans and the band, but of course the outcome never works out favorably for either side.

Ashba talks about the new album because all the fans bombard him with such questions hundreds of times a day, he talks about it, then people think its a guaranteed thing.

Bumble gives us a reality check, and then we are back to square one.

We should all know by now, only information that comes direct from the horses mouth should be taken seriously, even then...

Didn't DJ basically just say that we can expect an album sooner than it took for Chinese Democracy to be released? Sometime under 17 years isn't exactly setting the bar too high. DJ was being optimistic and Bumblefoot was being honest. Both seemed sincere so it's hard to fault either one.

Edited by ITW 2012

Who knows, this isn't the first time Ron has shot down something Ashba said, not saying there is any bad blood between the two, but for some reason i believe Ashba. Not only because i want to believe him, but because he seems closer to Axl than pretty much any other current member. They have a live chemistry and there was even pictures on Facebook of Ashba with Axl at Axl's house. Beta also told a forum member earlier this year that another album's release was in the making. Who knows though. A great time to put it out would be before the US tour in February, if it doesn't come out by then(which it probably won't), then all bets are off and we will have to wait until they stop touring. Just my thoughts.