Tidbit about the break up

Vincent Vega

Axl was at fault, and did not handle keeping the old band together well at all.

Slash was at fault, and did not handle keeping the old band together well at all.

Axl has made many mistakes in handling the new direction of the new band. Too long without music. Revolving door of musicians.

Slash has made many mistakes in handling the direction of his music career. The willingness to whore himself out to everybody and anything, and NO band that he is in ever staying solid with one singer.

Both guys put out highly anticipated albums recently that ended up being commercial failures. Even tho, imo, CD was as good as either Illusions, and I thought slash's solo album was the best rock album of the year.

Duff still appears to be the coolest guy of all the band members. DJ seems to have added a nice rock spark to the new band.

Slash needs to find a PERMANENT singer for VR.

Axl needs to put together the best songs he has already completed (of the rumored amounts people have talked about) and release the record while they finish this tour. As soon as possible. Tomorrow. And don't tour the US for a year. Do a quick tour of the major markets.

This give the fans a new album of material (even if its old songs) to listen to, a couple new songs to play on the abbreviated US tour. THEN let the band takes a month off to relax.....then meet back up to write and record the next album, which would be released in early 2012.

Most of us on the forum love the old band, love the new band, and hope everybody ever involved has great success. Yes, most of us like either slash or axl better than we like the other. Its only a few wackos on this forum that are 100 percent diehard for one or the other, and bash/praise them no matter what they do. Those are the ones who cannot discuss slash/axl topics without resorting to name-calling and insults on anybody who disagrees with them.

Topic finished.

Slash has made many mistakes in handling the direction of his music career.

pure opinion

Of course it's pure opinion. Just like your constant defending of everything Slash does, and bashing most of what Axl does, is just YOUR opinion.

Look at Slash's career. GnR - broke up. Snakepit - different singers on both albums. VR - singer left, label dropped band. See a trend here? Notice that Slash can't seem to keep a singer for more than a couple albums? The abortions that were Fergy on the solo album and the hip-hop verson of paradise city. Playing with other "artists" or computer conventions purely for the money or publicity and not for the "music."

The difference between myself and most GnR fans and guys like you that would praise Slash if he put out an album of him farting and belching? We can admit that Axl is not perfect and screws up a lot. If Axl and Slash had NOT made bad decisions, the old GnR would still be together and we'd have 10 GnR albums to enjoy.

Slash would admit that he has made bad musical and career decisions......but you won't? Weird. Cool. You just keep playing the "let's look at things objectively" card while constantly bashing Axl and praising everything Slash does.

Slash has admitted he's made career miscalculations. Most of them were chronicled in his autobiography.

He's followed a trend of choosing piss-poor management. He's chosen frontmen before that crumble under the weight of drugs. He's gone as far as to say he had zero fun during the first Velvet Revolver tour.

I remember a Q&A Slash did for Snakepit.org...He was asked if he could play with any band, who would it be. He responded that the Snakepit 2.0 was as close as he could get to a "Dream band." Only later in his autobiography, he made it explicit to throw every one of those guys under the bus, calling them lazy, unmotivated and undeserving of the equal ownership he split with them in the spirit of diplomacy.

Slash has admitted he's made career miscalculations. Most of them were chronicled in his autobiography.

He's followed a trend of choosing piss-poor management. He's chosen frontmen before that crumble under the weight of drugs. He's gone as far as to say he had zero fun during the first Velvet Revolver tour.

I remember a Q&A Slash did for Snakepit.org...He was asked if he could play with any band, who would it be. He responded that the Snakepit 2.0 was as close as he could get to a "Dream band." Only later in his autobiography, he made it explicit to throw every one of those guys under the bus, calling them lazy, unmotivated and undeserving of the equal ownership he split with them in the spirit of diplomacy.

So, basically innocent Slash somehow always gets himself surrounded by monsters.

Slash has made many mistakes in handling the direction of his music career.

pure opinion

Of course it's pure opinion. Just like your constant defending of everything Slash does, and bashing most of what Axl does, is just YOUR opinion.

Look at Slash's career. GnR - broke up. Snakepit - different singers on both albums. VR - singer left, label dropped band. See a trend here? Notice that Slash can't seem to keep a singer for more than a couple albums? The abortions that were Fergy on the solo album and the hip-hop verson of paradise city. Playing with other "artists" or computer conventions purely for the money or publicity and not for the "music."

How dare a professional make money doing his profession. Plumbers should do their job for the love of working pipes. Pro athletes should play for the love of the game. The nerve of those people.

Playing with other "artists" or computer conventions purely for the money or publicity and not for the "music."

I said it before and I will say it again Groghan, you and other Axl worshippers lost your right to claim Slash does it only for the money the minute Axl walked on stage in Moscow for that privtate show for a bunch of fat rich Russians in $3000 suits who could not name a member of the band if you put a gun to their heads for a million dollar payday...who's the money whore now mate?

if that's not a wake-up call, then i don't know what is

I wish you'd just admit you hate Axl already.

We get it. You're not a Guns fan. You just like Slash.

Meltdown post.

Not a Guns fan? Fuck off.

you can almost see the veins on the neck sticking out reading them posts...

aussies are cold blooded, our veins don't do that

Playing with other "artists" or computer conventions purely for the money or publicity and not for the "music."

I said it before and I will say it again Groghan, you and other Axl worshippers lost your right to claim Slash does it only for the money the minute Axl walked on stage in Moscow for that privtate show for a bunch of fat rich Russians in $3000 suits who could not name a member of the band if you put a gun to their heads for a million dollar payday...who's the money whore now mate?

I don't think Slash, or Axl, do things JUST for the money. But let's not claim that either of them don't do it for money at all. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I might still work if I wasn't getting paid, but I wouldn't be doing half the shit I do. And they have bills to pay, staff, businesses to run. Obviously a lot of what they have to do is for the money, not just for the opportunity to play.

Money isn't completely evil, you know.

Meltdown post.

it's from walking upside down all the time, isn't it?

Meltdown post.

it's from walking upside down all the time, isn't it?

he he, you made a funny .. still, as i said our veins don't do that, your question is redundant :P