US Tour in February 2011?

sascha

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/233892

Guns N' Roses' follow-up to their 2008 release Chinese Democracy might already be in the planning stages. At least that's what guitarist DJ Ashba, a member of the band since 2009, told the wire service Artisan News Service at a recent red-carpet event in California. "We're talking about that right now," he said when asked about the possibility of a follow-up. "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas, and it should be good."

The path to "throwing around ideas" to release date for Chinese Democracy took a while to walk down — 13 years, in fact. But Ashba is confident that the band will be able to put together a new album much quicker.

"It won't take as long, I promise," he said. "I'm excited to get this one rolling. ... You know, Axl [Rose] has a lot of good shit up his sleeve, so I'm excited about it."

The band is keeping busy over the coming months: A tour will take them to Australia and the Middle East, and Ashba said they'd return to the U.S. for a tour in February. No dates have been officially announced yet.

the rollinstone article is very good. as it put's in, the review of Chinese Democracy - one of the coolest out there!

the tittle says it ALL!

as any one can see, GNR are pre-marketing the next album, the follow up of Chinese Democracy.

as I said many times before, it will be glorious if GNR will release another double album! that would blow anybody's mind,

as this could led to another belt star for GNR as, I don't know many bands, that got out there 2 double albums in their carrier.

and don't worry people, it will sell (since you are so keen on getting money in GNR pockets).

it will be even bigger than the hysteria that UYI created... if, only if, they will let people know that they are planing on releasing an double album... kind of, to get out there all that is left from Chinese Era. and yet this could be a good title on it't own... since, yes it's true, Chinese are really the driving force of this milenium as said that it is for us..."the white counties". that will go to prove the vision that GNR has, and even open them the doors on the big market that China is, since they'll fell that this album is a good propaganda!

This band loves fucking with us.

I'm shocked they are touring the US without a new album or hit single on the radio. They would sell a lot more tickets if they had a rockin single out.

CD didn't do well in the US due to lack of promotion and no video or anything. Are there many music videos these days since MTV should be renamed to RTV(Reality TV).

Edited by crashoride

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, just like:

Fortus: "World Tour starts March 2009"

Ferrer: "US Tour on Fall 2010"

I guess some people just need to realize that (in most instances) plans are often subject to change. It's only natural that plans are going to subjected to be more regular change when you're dealing with a massive concept like Guns N' Roses.

Yes, just like:

I guess some people just need to realize that (in most instances) plans are often subject to change. It's only natural that plans are going to subjected to be more regular change when you're dealing with a massive concept like Guns N' Roses.

I know that. When the Canadian Tour was announced, and Bach was announced as the opening act, he put a video on his official webiste to promote the tour, but the date promoted on the video was from a concert on the US on mid 09. He certainly uploaded the wrong video, and by that video we can see that GNR had booked a US tour at some point.

I just wrote some vague GNR members statements.

Yes, just like:

oh come on ... it's not the size of the "concept" that causes 95% of this organization's plans to change.

It's Axl. He's "notoriously hard to pin down."

Ask yourself why. Could it be because certain offers aren't substantial enough to meet the demands of a massive concept like GN'R? Or that certain offers simply aren't compatible with existing plans? "Duh". Use your logic for God sake.

Edited by Chinese Destruction

It's Axl. He's "notoriously hard to pin down."

Ask yourself why. Could it be because certain offers aren't substantial enough to meet the demands of a massive concept like GN'R? "Duh".

Ask yourself why plans by massive concepts like U2, Metallica, AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen aren't subject as much regular change as Axl's New GN'R.

Ask yourself why plans by massive concepts like U2, Metallica, AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen aren't subject as much regular change as Axl's New GN'R.

Because those other massive concepts haven't undergone a process of total disintegration, followed by revival, then partial disintegration, followed by yet another revival. I mean you don't have Bono, Angus Young or Springsteen being subjected to lawsuits every time they attempt to do something productive for their corresponding bands.

Yes, just like:

Or maybe we need to realize that no one other than Axl has any say regarding when albums are released or tours booked.