I've been thinkin...

LaRocker

After hearing the clips made by this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/5agge about those mixes(that most you alredy heard) with Axl's Voice on CD and Slash's/Duff guitar and bass work, i've come to the conclusion that most things fit well in each other not just due to good mixing.

There has to be something else, I think Slash's guitar work in still unconsiously beign written for a voice like Axl's and his lyrics/voice tone and still made to be fit on Slash's signature riffs, it's the product of those long years they worked togheter and it's still what unconsiously bonds them today :thumbsup:

That IF THE WORLD mashup almost brought tears to my eyes, knowing that you have this amazing guitarist playing the national anthem at like Wal-Mart and you have this amazing vocalist working 10+ years on new material just to play a greatest hits show in eastern europe - when they both could RULE the world together. It's sad, tragic, ironic. I understand they just want to be happy and do their own thing as good as possible but I also believe they would still click and kick about everyone's ass out there - if only they'd get their heads out of their own asses.

just to play a greatest hits show in eastern europe

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but if there is anything sad or tragic at all, it's your minimization of current GN'R and their tours. These new-school tours are frigging monstrous with new songs, old songs, covers, solos, special surprises here & there, etc. The stage production is pretty damn cool and everyone appears to be enjoying themselves during the performance. Not only that, but everyone is getting along with everyone else. I'd say that's pretty important for the "click" factor.

Again, though, just my opinion.

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but if there is anything sad or tragic at all, it's your minimization of current GN'R and their tours. These new-school tours are frigging monstrous with new songs, old songs, covers, solos, special surprises here & there, etc. The stage production is pretty damn cool and everyone appears to be enjoying themselves during the performance. Not only that, but everyone is getting along with everyone else. I'd say that's pretty important for the "click" factor.

You don't sound like a dick but what I said was:

working 10+ years on new material just to play a greatest hits show in eastern europe

I don't minimize the current band but it is what it is. As far as clicking goes it's the band and the boss, resulting in a tight sound that doesn't breath for fuck. The band actually sounds best in the jams between songs when Axl is not on stage and Axl sounds best with a minimum of guitars (This I Love, not my favourite song but the vocal performance is out of this world because you can actually HEAR it and he doesn't have to scream against a wall of sound and can actually SING - just like he could with Slash back when the sound did breath) and that alone speaks volumes about them chemistry and clicking musicially. In plain english: The band DOES click but they have the wrong vocalist. I actually prefer Buckethead over Slash but when it comes to the perfect match for Axl's voice then - objectively, at the end of the day - it's Slash. I don't know if it's in his fingers, in his guitar or in his soul, but I know DJ doesn't have it and I find it sad how he is like channeling Slash on stage so much rather than just being himself. I understand you don't make a lot of friends by stating that but I don't see how I have to hate one lineup/guitarist just to be "allowed" to like another.

You don't sound like a dick but what I said was:

working 10+ years on new material just to play a greatest hits show in eastern europe

I don't minimize the current band but it is what it is. As far as clicking goes it's the band and the boss, resulting in a tight sound that doesn't breath for fuck. The band actually sounds best in the jams between songs when Axl is not on stage and Axl sounds best with a minimum of guitars (This I Love, not my favourite song but the vocal performance is out of this world because you can actually HEAR it and he doesn't have to scream against a wall of sound and can actually SING - just like he could with Slash back when the sound did breath) and that alone speaks volumes about them chemistry and clicking musicially. In plain english: The band DOES click but they have the wrong vocalist. I actually prefer Buckethead over Slash but when it comes to the perfect match for Axl's voice then - objectively, at the end of the day - it's Slash. I don't know if it's in his fingers, in his guitar or in his soul, but I know DJ doesn't have it and I find it sad how he is like channeling Slash on stage so much rather than just being himself. I understand you don't make a lot of friends by stating that but I don't see how I have to hate one lineup/guitarist just to be "allowed" to like another.

Have you been to one of their shows? There was no problem hearing Axl at the shows I was at recently, the whole thing sounded fucking phenomenal... best shows I've ever seen - watching clips on Youtube and actually going to see a show is completely different.

Edited by axl8302

These mixes are like like audio placebos... You honestly just listen back to two distinctive sounds. the musical and vocal sides of ol GnR.

I wonder though. If you hadn't followed the release of Chinese Democracy- religiously, and you just thought Slash and Duff were still in the band. What would you think if someone gave you a cd of this guys mixes, and was told that "this in the new record" What the hell would you think when you found out it was nu gnr and velvet revolver... And you listened to ChiDem and VR's albums in their native enviroment... What would you think of the remixes?

I suppose what I'm saying is that it's rather bittersweet listening to these mixes. While I'm a fan of Chinese Democracr and the current line-up, there is no mistaking or denying that Axl and Slash go together like Jack & Coke.

I wonder though. If you hadn't followed the release of Chinese Democracy- religiously, and you just thought Slash and Duff were still in the band. What would you think if someone gave you a cd of this guys mixes, and was told that "this in the new record"

I'd wonder why the vocals are in a different key than the music

These mixes are like like audio placebos... You honestly just listen back to two distinctive sounds. the musical and vocal sides of ol GnR.

I wonder though. If you hadn't followed the release of Chinese Democracy- religiously, and you just thought Slash and Duff were still in the band. What would you think if someone gave you a cd of this guys mixes, and was told that "this in the new record" What the hell would you think when you found out it was nu gnr and velvet revolver... And you listened to ChiDem and VR's albums in their native enviroment... What would you think of the remixes?

I suppose what I'm saying is that it's rather bittersweet listening to these mixes. While I'm a fan of Chinese Democracr and the current line-up, there is no mistaking or denying that Axl and Slash go together like Jack & Coke.

You're right in that it's a somewhat bittersweet feeling....when they play together though, it just sounds so....genuine...even though I know these songs aren't real, it just sounds right to me. I'm glad I found these mixes but it is almost sad...thinking of what could've been, over the past 15 years, had things gone differently...