What is your favorite moment as a Guns N' Roses fan?

Encore

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. listening to AFD for the first time

2. listening to the UYI albums

3. getting the leaks or better irs and catcher

4. holding chinese democracy

5. the 2002 vmas

i know we can shit on the 2002 VMA's but i was young when the guns broke up i was 10 and i thought that the band died and that was it and when jimmy fallon screamed guns n fucking roses i couldnt believe it

I guess every live show I have been too.

The first time seeing and hearing Maddie.

and this momenit always sticks in my mind. At the 47 sec. mark.

That's one of the Axl moments that's always bothered me. The Video Vanguard Award has EVERYTHING to do with Michael Jackson and it was stupid of Axl to say otherwise.

As far as my own favorite moment. If I narrow it down to one it's gotta be May 12, 2006 at the Hammerstein Ballroom. That show was epic on every level.

The only time I've seen them live, in Oslo: especially the beginning, with Chinese Democracy, and when DJ tried to spit in the air, just so the spit could fall down to the mouth again. So he did that several times, but one of the times he spat right on my hand! (I was in the front row ;) ) And to feel the energy of the band, and the crowd :)

I guess every live show I have been too.

The first time seeing and hearing Maddie.

and this momenit always sticks in my mind. At the 47 sec. mark.

That's one of the Axl moments that's always bothered me. The Video Vanguard Award has EVERYTHING to do with Michael Jackson and it was stupid of Axl to say otherwise.

As far as my own favorite moment. If I narrow it down to one it's gotta be May 12, 2006 at the Hammerstein Ballroom. That show was epic on every level.

Wow you really think that? Just because he was the first to get the award doesn't mean shit. They got it because they earned it. And that has nothing to do with MJ.

The only time I've seen them live, in Oslo: especially the beginning, with Chinese Democracy, and when DJ tried to spit in the air, just so the spit could fall down to the mouth again. So he did that several times, but one of the times he spat right on my hand! (I was in the front row ;) ) And to feel the energy of the band, and the crowd :)

Gross, weirdo.

Paradise City, Indiana 91. The energy I felt was like nothing before.

That is epic that you were there. I've had to settle for watching the bootleg DVD several times. Looked like a great performance, and they were really on top of their game there.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'd only allow Axl do that to me

Seeing GNR live in Porto Alegre

Chinese Democracy release

12 december 2008

Everybody searching like crazy for a video or pic of Taipei concert

The first time I heard a GNR leak in 2006. It was CITR and I was so excited (I recorded the song and everything, but wrote "Cather" In The Rye on top of the CD. duh :rolleyes:)

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I have had so many incredible moments as a GN'R fan it's really difficult to single out one as being the favorite instance.

Every time Guns kick off a tour the excitement is explainable (in terms of what Axl looks/sounds like, what line-up takes to the stage, who does what solo etc.).

Of course actually getting to catch Guns N' Roses on one of their tours is absolutely phenomenal. The brilliant stage set-up, dazzling pyrotechnics, raw energy, piercing vocals and kick-ass instrumentals makes for an amazing spectacle.

Realizing I really really liked “Chinese Democracy” after picking it up (despite my friends rubbishing it outright as totally anti-GN'R sound, I have since learned they never even listened to it) was wonderful also. I would say not downloading any of the leaks made the experience almost magical.

Getting laid to AFD when it first hit the scene. Amazing what that back beat can do for you ...you ought to try it people...

Seeing Axl in LA in 86 looking like a chick during th glam look era . My guitarist pointing him out and telling me "Thats Axl from Guns and Roses and hes going to be a star."

Reading an article in Hit Parader Rising Stars write up about the next big band ...GNR and remembering Axl when I was in LA

Being the first in Laramie to have AFD and then to give my friends a listen to AFD at a party at my house when it first came out in Laramie Wyoming. 87

SCOM ..hearing it in the desert outsideof Tucson Arizona durning a thunderstorm and rain from HELL and instantly making up my mind to come home to Wyoming to the love of my life because she had "eyes of blueest sky and if they thought of rain..i'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain." One of the greatest adventures of my life ... 5 days on the road home to her..with AFD as the soundtrack of my life. Junkies on a greyhound bus,,nights in waiting to make a connection in a New Mexico bus station with only a dog and and old man to talk to, rapping with some black fellas to Walk this Way" and dreaming of surprising my blue eyed girl in just a few days time NO sleep...that was summer of 88 on the way home to her. "Her hair reminds of a warm safe place where as a child I'd hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by...True in 88 and true today.. and I still sing it to her and she still crys.

Guns and Roses in Denver 91

Civil War.. damn song said everything about politics i still feel about today

Moline Ill 02... when the dream continued...

seeing axl in london for the fist time in 06

going backstage and meeting the boys in 2010

the leaks

the vma 2002 show ( ya axl sucked i no but it was just seeing them on tv made me go bonkers )

the axl eddie trunk interview stayed up all night for that

rock in rio 01 the return of guns n roses

seing duff re united with axl live on stage in 2010

Getting laid to AFD when it first hit the scene. Amazing what that back beat can do for you ...you ought to try it people...

Seeing Axl in LA in 86 looking like a chick during th glam look era . My guitarist pointing him out and telling me "Thats Axl from Guns and Roses and hes going to be a star."

Reading an article in Hit Parader Rising Stars write up about the next big band ...GNR and remembering Axl when I was in LA

Being the first in Laramie to have AFD and then to give my friends a listen to AFD at a party at my house when it first came out in Laramie Wyoming. 87

SCOM ..hearing it in the desert outsideof Tucson Arizona durning a thunderstorm and rain from HELL and instantly making up my mind to come home to Wyoming to the love of my life because she had "eyes of blueest sky and if they thought of rain..i'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain." One of the greatest adventures of my life ... 5 days on the road home to her..with AFD as the soundtrack of my life. Junkies on a greyhound bus,,nights in waiting to make a connection in a New Mexico bus station with only a dog and and old man to talk to, rapping with some black fellas to Walk this Way" and dreaming of surprising my blue eyed girl in just a few days time NO sleep...that was summer of 88 on the way home to her. "Her hair reminds of a warm safe place where as a child I'd hide and pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by...True in 88 and true today.. and I still sing it to her and she still crys.

Guns and Roses in Denver 91

Civil War.. damn song said everything about politics i still feel about today

Moline Ill 02... when the dream continued...

And I actually mean this honestly: Cool story bro.