Would you rather the band delay the US tour until CD II is released?

ITW 2012

The media I understand there's a problem there touched on in that billboard interview. But now everything is copy n paste so the chats were just used by RS. Twitter comment can be headline news.

Videos seems like that's where the non support from rec comp. They didn't realize that good music doesn't need promo.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Of course I would like a new CD but if I was American I would be pretty annoyed that they toured Europe etc and skipped us :fuckyou:

I cannot believe the arrogance, by a bunch of uninformed nimrods, that have no fkn idea of what activity is going on in GNR land, So there was no promotion,no media-whoring, and no selling out,after the release of CD,that is something special that it still went platinum, still is regarded in non-cupcake circles as something special or the usual group of idiots wouldn't be taking the tracks apart,I am still

listening to it, still attending concerts (soon)and continue to support the band I have loved since 87', when you find something you really love you don't turn coat or jump camps-Don't like GNR? don't fucking attend the concerts,simple!

Why did you quote me? Did you misread what I said? I never said anything about abandoning them ??

Of course I would like a new CD but if I was American I would be pretty annoyed that they toured Europe etc and skipped us :fuckyou:

Well, I just read that the album only sold around 600,000 units in the US so, there's probably little demand or atleast demand enough to warrant a full on tour. I'm not bashing the band or the album or anything else, just stating the facts. Nu-Guns are much more popular outside of it's own borders these days.

Edited by Nintari

seeing as I don't live in the US and I've already seen them this year, I'm going with CD2...

Sorry...

No need to be, I live in the states and while I'll go see them multiple times when they get here, the album will play daily at the office. I'd prefer the album.

Would you rather the band delay the US tour until CD II is released?

Yeah.

US had many Chinese Democracy tours. Another chinese democracy tour is pointless. At least, I think they should change the name of the tour, he he.

Yes! ive saidit before i know..but get these fuckers out there putting a stampon their music..their songs their legacy. Playing a greatist hits show over and over has had its impact ..and its a nostalgic act now goingon 10 years old!

Wheel them out with a bunch of new songs..new show and let the masses do what the masses do..consume it digest it and add it to their collections..

collectively these guys have talent that is untapped..they no longer are a super group as per say but have gelled into the "new" identity of what is said to "GNR" ..so let it rip...let it get out of hand.. let the stadiums rock.

I really hope that they release either a new single or album before the U.S. tour.

Or maybe they could just play a few new song's like during the '06 show's.

I don't think they'll make it through the US playing the songs from 3 years ago (or say 20 years ago).

New music will sell tickets. This band kick's ass and needs new songs, even if it's old Chinese material, to staple themself's as just that.

I would of course much prefer that the next album was completed and released as soon as possible, but whilst I have a hunch there is enough finished material in the vaults to put out another album right now; I sadly suspect we're going to have to wait awhile before it comes out.

As other members have suggested too; it would be nice to have an interim EP, to tide us over in the meantime.

Releasing “Chinese” II before the U.S tour makes perfect sense. As well as being released to stores (hopefully no-one in particular) the record could be made available in large quantities at each date. But let's be realistic. At what stage of completion is the next album? Sure we all want the rest of “Chinese” but is that really a logical move for a band which doesn't really have any strong connotations with that era? Of course it mightn’t be a very popular reality but an album with eight to ten tracks from the new band with three to four from the old is the most sensible option to pursue. Needless to say I can't see the band getting eight to ten new tracks penned before February, therefore I can't see a new album before then. Maybe Axl will go for “Chinese” II though, with the intention of the third record being a largely Dj/Thal/possibly Fortus, it's really hard to determine, in fact pointless without any “inside” perspective.

I got an idea...

They could finish off the rest of CD and than record a new album with the current members. Than release 2 albums simultaneously on Sept,17/2011 - 20 years to the day after UYI 1&2.

Market is as "One album by the Old Band, One Album by the New Band." See how that goes down...

That would create a capacity for the twentieth anniversary of Use Your Illusion to overshadow a new release from the present incarnation of Guns N' Roses. Plus you would be effectively dealing with three eras on the one day. Which is ludicrous when you think about it.

Marketing the double release as that (your suggestion) would create a false notion within non-hardcore fans that Oh my God Axl is releasing the stuff from 1995 along with the stuff from the new band. So as you can see your idea isn't exactly fall proof. If Axl were to deploy your phrasing it would have to be One album by the Old New Band (With New touches), One Album by the New Band. Not exactly the easiest slogan to utter is it?

Edited by Chinese Destruction