Interesting comment from Robin on the number of songs (back in '00)

Vincent Vega

How do you end up thinking that this comment from robin indicated any finished material?

We all know there are hours upon hours of tapes, jams riffs and ideas.

That stuff, the starting points for songs, they are fun and easy to do. You put a skilled bunch of musicians in a box for a weekend and tell them to come up with ideas, you will end up with hours and hours of tape and most probably a lot of fun ideas and jams and what not, but that stuff is not "finished material" by a longshot.

I agree with this dude. Those are not completed songs. half of that narrative decribes NO VOCALS and when it does they are reffered to as vocal parts and one song, Madagascar. By the way thank you for splicing these comments together. i have read all this before, but never in a choherent whole. There maybe three albums tops and one has already dropped. So maybe two left, maybe. I understand why people need to believe, but it is waste of time. I still dont know anybody who was truly blown away by Chinese Democracy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you end up thinking that this comment from robin indicated any finished material?

We all know there are hours upon hours of tapes, jams riffs and ideas.

and stellar stuff like Silkworms...

whats wrong with silkworms? its a killer fuckn song

I don't want to be be morbid...ok I do.

Can you imagine what Axl's estate will do with all of this when he dies? It'll be a never ending stream of material.

won't be worth shit without the vocals

also, he can might as well write in his will that the music won't ever be released

Edited by CheapJon

Can you imagine what Axl's estate will do with all of this when he dies? It'll be a never ending stream of material.

they could always 2pac it. Pac has more hits dead than he ever did alive...

sure, but pac died in his prime, axl most likely have like 40 years left

they could always 2pac it. Pac has more hits dead than he ever did alive...

sure, but pac died in his prime, axl most likely have like 40 years left

I was just refering to the fact that they've milked his demos and vocals from random recordings to death, to produce new song after new song...

Guest King Of Spades

Sadly I feel as if even if there were more official songs planned for release even upon their release we wouldn't even get the demos of the older versions just like we didn't when CD was released. If we got them now with out substantial proof they would be claimed as fake.

We should get someone to do a remix of CD and strip it down to the basics. Two guitars,one bass, one drum track,vocals. Leave out the keyboards/synth/drum machines (with the exception of intos) and release it to the fans. It would be pretty cool to hear imo. We could call it Appetite For Democracy.

If by "get someone to do it" you mean someone should do it with the multitracks, it can't be done. Too much is crammed onto the additional instrument tracks.

Someone could rerecord it and place Axl's vox over the re-record.

That'd be cool. The bass, drum and lead guitar tracks from the multitracks would for the most part be salvagable, so only select rhythm guitar parts would need to be rerecorded.

Yes, I'm looking at you Glow.

I could do it if I had better equipment. I don't think audacity would cut it lol

Guest King Of Spades

They had this russian program I believe not sure who made it but they took a regular song and stripped it down to just guitar then they undid it and stripped it down to just vocals. They removed certain pitch frequencies and that's what the program was designed to do so if someone could figure that out and "find a copy" they could do that idea.

If there is another 2-3 albums of material unheard, unless there is Axl's vocals on them, it isn't really Guns N' Roses is it?

Depends on your point of view. If you believe in the NIN way of doing things, then yes. If you believe in the traditional way of doing things, no.

We should get someone to do a remix of CD and strip it down to the basics. Two guitars,one bass, one drum track,vocals. Leave out the keyboards/synth/drum machines (with the exception of intos) and release it to the fans. It would be pretty cool to hear imo. We could call it Appetite For Democracy.

If by "get someone to do it" you mean someone should do it with the multitracks, it can't be done. Too much is crammed onto the additional instrument tracks.

Someone could rerecord it and place Axl's vox over the re-record.

That'd be cool. The bass, drum and lead guitar tracks from the multitracks would for the most part be salvagable, so only select rhythm guitar parts would need to be rerecorded.

Yes, I'm looking at you Glow.

I could do it if I had better equipment. I don't think audacity would cut it lol

That's a pretty good idea actually.

It seems so crazy to me that people want to speculate about how much unreleased material exists, or how they would like to hear what different versions of the existing songs might have sounded like in different eras. Rather than spending all this time worrying about something you will never hear, why not learn to play music and write songs that sound like what you want? I've seen topics about things like " don't you wish the band sounded like (fill in whatever description you wish)" for years and it just seems pointless. You're not in the band-you have no input whatsoever.

You're not in the band-you have no input whatsoever.

that's why they speculate

They just don't want to admit to themselves that for better or for worse, Chinese Democracy was exactly what Axl wanted and contained what he thought was the best material the band had. They don't have the equivalent of Dark Side of the Moon in the can waiting for just the right moment to be released. Outtakes are usually unreleased because they just aren't that good.

They just don't want to admit to themselves that for better or for worse, Chinese Democracy was exactly what Axl wanted and contained what he thought was the best material the band had. They don't have the equivalent of Dark Side of the Moon in the can waiting for just the right moment to be released. Outtakes are usually unreleased because they just aren't that good.

That's not true though.

You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Don't Cry, The Garden, Bad Obsession and Back Off Bitch were all AFD era ''outtakes.''

Edited by Indigo Child

Yeah but most of the folks here are Axl junkies, and any new crumbs from him that may leak out, they latch onto like crackheads, and instantly declare the greatest music ever made in the universe after getting their Axl fix...

They would take any unfinished work, or outtakes.

Actually on the subject of outtakes or early edits, I gotta say the leaks we got of most of the CD songs, sound better than the finished tracks on the album.

How do you know what's left in Axl's vault? For all we know the second part of Chinese Democracy could be better than what was released.

As for the outtakes comment, again we don't know. We havn't heard the material in question. Some songs go together well as a cohesive unit. the unreleased stuff could be amazing on it's own, but best kept for part 2.

The truth is only if/when CD2 is released, we'll have something to compare Chinese Democracy to. Until then, everything is just pure speculation fuled by what we want it to be.

Edited by Rovim