Interesting comment from Robin on the number of songs (back in '00)

Vincent Vega

Well, Axl also said that Robin was "still part of GnR in virtue of his involvement in Chinese Democracy".

I suppose that it means that if CD II ever gets released, we will get to hear his "Stevie Ray Vaughan" blues solo...

yea thats true, i think even Axl knows that you shouldnt get rid of something thats just too damn cool from the CD era recordings of his nuguns because of what the persons status is now, cuz he will eventually want the world to hear it. But this is why i hope for leaks, even in a best case scenario we will only get a fraction of this cd era music in released form but hardcore GNR fans would want every last drop of these reported hundreds/thousands of recordings and different versions of songs or at least i would :P

Axl takes things very personal. Robin left his band on purpose to make Axl look bad at the time the album was getting released. So he is bad evil and a demon in Axls world forever. Everything is not cool enough by Axl anymore if it was too much influenced by Robin Finck. Just how the man rolls.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Hes always looked at CD as a double.

But it is a single album.

2. He confirmed 12 songs in his chats and then talked about one of them to some detail.

Who heard the actual songs? What are they about? How long are they? Who plays on them?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170270&view=findpost&p=2780338

These can't seriously be retorts to my comments. Just give it a rest.

1. Hes always looked at CD as a double.

But it is a single album.

2. He confirmed 12 songs in his chats and then talked about one of them to some detail.

Who heard the actual songs? What are they about? How long are they? Who plays on them?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170270&view=findpost&p=2780338

Classic Rock magazine heard Atlas Shrugged and had positive things to say about it. Tom Zutaut also heard the same song and by his words it sounds like one of the stronger tracks.

May played a solo on it too. It probably was during his time helping Axl out when Robin left for the first time to tour with Nine Inch Nails. All those who refuse to see that there is still material left unreleased remind me of that lawrence guy who had the sig 'the album does not exist' and in the end ate his words.

Edited by Rovim

All those who refuse to see that there is still material left unreleased remind me of that lawrence guy who had the sig 'the album does not exist' and in the end ate his words.

I'm sure there's tons of material, just not sure any of it was ready when lawrence first made that sig...

All those who refuse to see that there is still material left unreleased remind me of that lawrence guy who had the sig 'the album does not exist' and in the end ate his words.

I'm sure there's tons of material, just not sure any of it was ready when lawrence first made that sig...

Yeah, It's very possible. I remember as soon as we got the first batch of leaks, he apologized and Madison said he spoke to her and pm'd her that he doesn't think like he did anymore.

Edited by Rovim

Now I'm totally depressed.

One of Axl's main problems is that he's not able to manage people's expectations by releasing useful

information at the right time.

Exhibit a: Would there be so much trouble at concerts if people were told in advance exactly what time

axl

would show up?

Exhibit b: How much effort does it take to come out and state exactly what the situation is when it comes

to the unreleased material and when it might be coming out? It's not like a super-important secret.

No information=increased uncertainty=speculation

People do seem aware of the lateness these days.

I think Axl did address CD 2 in Del interview. I think what he was saying is his plan was for a double, but well have to wait and see, the tracks haven't been finished.

So we got an answer we didn't like so we just wildly speculate cos we liked CD so much.

So what was the deal with Opihuchus aka Zodiac?

"Whether or not you believe that the position and relationship of the sun

Be rest assured that the zodiac has begun"

MSL WHERE YOU AT?

Now I'm totally depressed.

One of Axl's main problems is that he's not able to manage people's expectations by releasing useful

information at the right time.

Exhibit a: Would there be so much trouble at concerts if people were told in advance exactly what time

axl

would show up?

Exhibit b: How much effort does it take to come out and state exactly what the situation is when it comes

to the unreleased material and when it might be coming out? It's not like a super-important secret.

No information=increased uncertainty=speculation

the thing is, I dont think even Axl knows the answers to those questions.

Guest King Of Spades

I hope we hear something new by thanks giving or Christmas that would be an amazing gift. The sad thing is a lot of these tracks are floating around. There's at least a dozen users that have the tracks on the GN'R forum along with people hoarding the tracks over at the Buckethead forums. I mean one for the biggest hoarders is kingoffspring. Sadly the hoarding is done to make themselves feel important yet who can they tell? Leaking music is probably one of the simplest tasks. I mean there's proxies for uploading false email accounts going to a library public access ports, the list goes on. There's no reason to hoard anymore, we all know tat the songs will sell the same either way.

I just don't get the hostility of the community, I wouldn't even call it one anymore. It's more a gathering of randoms that discuss and fight. When things are looking bright for the band and news or theres leaks people join together but it doesn't last. The Guns N' Roses fanbase community is broken and just sad now. I know it doesn't matter coming from some random guy but one of my dreams is to see a change around here, yet I fear I won't ever see the day.

I just don't get the hostility of the community, I wouldn't even call it one anymore. It's more a gathering of randoms that discuss and fight. When things are looking bright for the band and news or theres leaks people join together but it doesn't last. The Guns N' Roses fanbase community is broken and just sad now. I know it doesn't matter coming from some random guy but one of my dreams is to see a change around here, yet I fear I won't ever see the day.

If you put a fanbase through some 5-10 years of embarrassement, complete and utter lies, silence, false hope, more silence, disappointment, silence, bad information, lies and some more silence.

the fanbase changes from a fanbase into something else.

Guest King Of Spades

I agree with that full heartedly, but the way I see it we never did anything to each other. Yeah there are some people that a majority don't like but majority of us could get along perfectly.

Many (band)forums nowadays are full of people like us, fighting with each others. With the anonymity that internet provides you don't need to censor yourself, so it's easier to bash one another and to be a dick. Sad but true :(.

Edited by jekylhyde

Guest King Of Spades

You're right jekylhyde.

I imagine that a lot of this comes from the fact that people are frustrated with the band but that fault doesn't and shouldn't fall on the fans here and everywhere. It's just that life is to short, so why make it even more miserable? Most of the people here are here because Guns N' Roses is symbolically "part of them". We have fans here ranging from like 13 possibly younger all the way to there 50's and possibly older. I know people don't really think about it but anything can happen at any moment and it's gone. Life is unpredictable. I know living to hear music is a ignorant argument to some but it's not. For a lot of people that's all they have and that they got to look forward to. I personally don't see a problem in sharing whether it's a clip of something or more I just feel life is to short to hide it away forever.

I think it comes down to people thinking they are insiders and therefore above the "regular" fans. This happens with any band that has been around long enough. But then GNR has the added elements of Axl's craziness and the Axl vs Slash that has caused such a broken base that everyone treats anyone with the opposing viewpoint as some horrible thing that should be killed. You think Bucket did better solos for Nightrain and November Rain? Fuck you. You think Appetite is better than Chinese Democracy? Fuck you. You think Bumblefoot is better than Buckethead? Fuck you. You think Slash is better than DJ? Fuck you. And on and on and on and on. God damn, Van Halen fans can get along better when discussing Sammy vs Dave than GNR fans can about drummers.

not a huge new gnr fan , i just follow because of axl /// but i have to give props to bumble for not being afreaid to keep it real and tell the fans whats going on :thumbsup:

not a huge new gnr fan , i just follow because of axl /// but i have to give props to bumble for not being afreaid to keep it real and tell the fans whats going on :thumbsup:

Axl said during the Eddie Trunk interveiw:

"That's kinda like everybody's thing, isn't it? But, there's a lot what we've kept. I mean, there is, there's 2 records that the majority of the music's done, and the majority of the vocals are done. And there's another half of a record that's being worked on. We were actually working on a song a little bit tonight that's not, even on the first two records."

So, they have about 2 albums of material done, why not release the other album.

I really don't think it's as much Axl as it is the record company. Maybe their afraid to back Axl and give him the go on a new album seeing as though he could go M.I.A. again after the release.