Interesting comment from Robin on the number of songs (back in '00)

Vincent Vega

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl said during the Eddie Trunk interveiw:

"That's kinda like everybody's thing, isn't it? But, there's a lot what we've kept. I mean, there is, there's 2 records that the majority of the music's done, and the majority of the vocals are done. And there's another half of a record that's being worked on. We were actually working on a song a little bit tonight that's not, even on the first two records."

So, they have about 2 albums of material done, why not release the other album.

I really don't think it's as much Axl as it is the record company. Maybe their afraid to back Axl and give him the go on a new album seeing as though he could go M.I.A. again after the release.

Are you sure you can take his word as proof that this is the actual state of things?

And besides, ChineseD is doing okay and still shifting copies as the band is touring. If there really is a finished record somewhere in the vaults, I can guarantee the record company would be in love with the idea of releasing it as soon as possible. Because it would boost the sales of the first ChineseD album, benefit from the fact that the band is touring now and making news where they go.

There are no solid reasons not to release chinese democracy 2 immediately, if it indeed is ready, on the part of the record company.

The problem I have is with the phrase "if it indeed is ready", which I really can't believe is true.

ultimately though, it is possible that is ready.

But I really would be willing to bet everything I fucking own against this supposition.

Well from the comments of other people regarding the record it seems that the real delay was with Axl's vocals.

I'm not sure what songs were around on that '99 record, but I bet we got a big chunk of it already, albeit re-recorded in parts.

Looking at what was played live in the early 2000s:

CD

Maddy

Blues (SoD)

Rhiad

Silkworms

OMG

Don't think I missed anything, but bar Silkworms we got all those songs. Which I guess is around 1/3 to 1/2 of the album.

Prostitute has been mentioned a lot in the interviews as was Catcher in the Rye (Brian May) so I assume they were songs on the '99 album as well. IRS demo was from '99 too if I remember, as was TWAT. I know different versions but I think we have heard the majority of the songs from that album, even if the version we got had changed in style a fair bit.

I imagine that fully completed songs that we've not heard will be around another album's worth.

Ideas for songs could be around 6 albums worth, but until lyrics are written and vocals arranged and recorded, you can hardly class them as finished.

LP

Edited by Longpig