DJ Ashba Rocks the national anthem at the KC / CHIEFS game

gunsguy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, oohh my, Slash's fans are mad as hell.... that was waaaaaaaay better than Slash's anthem.

LOL :rofl-lol:

I get that y'all liked it, but in truth it really wasn't much difference.

well it sounded better to me not to mention its the first time a current member of GN'R has done something like this...

Hahaha, oohh my, Slash's fans are mad as hell.... that was waaaaaaaay better than Slash's anthem.

well it sounded better to me not to mention its the first time a current member of GN'R has done something like this...

go ahead and tell me it's better than Zakk Wylde's too...

u mean this ?

I don't care for the showmanship on that one myself or the extra tremolo picking, but won't compare two people when one aint in Guns

DJ did a great job even most of the people who hate on him agree, and the crowd sure did

Edited by gunsguy

u mean this ?

anyway Zakk aint in Guns last I checked :) DJ did a great job even most of the people who hate on him agree, and the crowd sure did

Would've been an interesting Guns if Zakk had been in it. Sad it never worked out. But man, now that you found that vid, his anthem is just sick.

But yes DJ did do a great job. Total breath of fresh air and a much better fit than Robin, that's for sure.

Moreblack Zakk would have been great at the time for sure! I am happy for DJ though and glad to have him on board for this band. DJ and Axl are great friends and that can go along way in writing and performing.

Zakk is amazing yes but there is something about him that seems very "I am the shit" cant place it if ya know what I mean, now some say that about DJ too but he is really cool guy on stage and in person and VERY down to earth.

I wonder how many people at the game were like, "Who?"

'Been interesting to gauge the crowd's reaction, when he was introduced as the lead guitarist of Guns n Roses.

true alot of people there would not know who he is, but when the guy said "GUNS N' ROSES" the crowd burst so it was pretty cool for sure

Edited by gunsguy

Great job DJ! However I am in the group he should of removed his hat. I hate it when some people think they are "too cool" to remove their hats and honor America. Anyone involved in Guns need to be very careful with anything they do in the US, just if they have a tour here in the states. They don't need something the press, or gossip mags can take and run their name into the ground.

Apparently Dj was born in Monicello Indiana. It might actually be very cool and possibly history making if Guns could orchestrate an effort to get 2/3 or 3/3 of DJ, Ron, and Rich to do a live national anthem for a major sporting event on the same day, week, month or year (sunday football would seem to be the quint essential time and place). Your thoughts?

Apparently Dj was born in Monicello Indiana. It might actually be very cool and possibly history making if Guns could orchestrate an effort to get 2/3 or 3/3 of DJ, Ron, and Rich to do a live national anthem for a major sporting event on the same day, week, month or year (sunday football would seem to be the quint essential time and place). Your thoughts?

The thing is, they almost never show the national anthem for NFL games during the season. The only people who see it are at the game. Thats 2 minutes of advertising.

btw, fuck that guy in the beginning saying "slash is the lead guitarist of guns n roses"... wtf is wrong with people

SLASH Is the lead guitarist of Guns N Roses to 95% of the population who follow rock music that aren't on these forums. I like Dj but what the fuck has he done/written/recorded to be considered the true lead guitarist of GNR? Can you imagine how many people watching on TV when Dj came out said "Damn, Slash sure looks different these days?"

SLASH Is the lead guitarist of Guns N Roses to 95% of the population who follow rock music that aren't on these forums. I like Dj but what the fuck has he done/written/recorded to be considered the true lead guitarist of GNR? Can you imagine how many people watching on TV when Dj came out said "Damn, Slash sure looks different these days?"

It's fairly well documented that Slash is the “former lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses”. Considering the extent of media coverage Slash gets (even in a television capacity) as the “former lead of GN'R” why would one then stupidly assume he is the “lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses”? With present age technology I'm relatively confident that most rock enthusiasts are well aware of the ongoing Guns N' Roses project (and that the latter project doesn't entail Mr. Hudson).

There's no such thing as the “true” guitarist of GN'R. Maybe the most iconic but Dj has been approved as the lead guitarist by camp GN'R therefore he deserves to be given that recognition. Regardless of individual preference.

“Can you imagine how many people watching on TV when Dj came out said "Damn, Slash sure looks different these days?"”

In terms of the above point, what about the W.W.F's Ultimate Warrior? One guy made the concept famous, then another guy stepped in to maintain the ship so as to prevent a driving force from collapsing. The “old” Ultimate Warrior had support, and so too (eventually) did the “new” one. When the “new” Ultimate Warrior came on television initially, I'm sure everyone was like, “who is the chump”? The “new” Ultimate Warrior also brought qualities to the table which the “old” one didn't. Basically what I'm trying to put across (in a weird way I know) is that familiarizingly the general public with GN'R (especially in the U.S) is essential and Dj's anthem playing is a fantastic way of doing so.

btw, fuck that guy in the beginning saying "slash is the lead guitarist of guns n roses"... wtf is wrong with people

If those 95% believe that Slash is still the lead guitarist of GNR then 95% don't know anything about VR and Slash & Friends' existence. I disagree but we can agree for one thing, that Slash was the best ever lead guitarist of GNR. I can't judge for DJ right now but he's the perfect icon guitarist (replacement) for GNR.