Rolling Stone: Greatest Rock Feuds Of All Time

sascha

I highly doubt that Axl knew Slash's mom had cancer at the time of that comment considering the fact that the two had absolutley zero contact for 12 years up to 2009 the year he made that comment.

And I would also like to say that if we made a poll here, on this forum say a week before Axl made the "cancer remark" that was titled "Do You Think Axl Knows Slashs Mother Has Cancer?" it would be an overwhelming "No."

Didnt Axl's grandmother pass away from cancer too? Regardless, I still doubt Axl knew that Slashs mom had cancer let alone know if she was still alive at all.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

I highly doubt that Axl knew Slash's mom had cancer at the time of that comment considering the fact that the two had absolutley zero contact for 12 years up to 2009 the year he made that comment.

And I would also like to say that if we made a poll here, on this forum say a week before Axl made the "cancer remark" that was titled "Do You Think Axl Knows Slashs Mother Has Cancer?" it would be an overwhelming "No."

Didnt Axl's grandmother pass away from cancer too? Regardless, I still doubt Axl knew that Slashs mom had cancer let alone know if she was still alive at all.

Axl's Mother Sharon E. Bailey succumbed to cancer in 1996, the word was used as a connotation not a denotation, and Ola had not told anyone about her illness.

While I agree that some of those aren't that big of a deal (Aerosmith, the Stones; The Who???), it shows that GNR wasn't the only band where things got crazy, but some fans here act like it's something that never ever, EVER happens and Axl or Slash (depending on which side is taken) did something inconceivable to a decent person. It's a common occurrence in rock, get over it. There's those, but also Creedence, Dire Straits, the Black Crowes (all with brothers fighting to the point of not speaking to each other for years) off the top of my head, Bon Jovi for a while, Sabbath? etc

Axl's Mother Sharon E. Bailey succumbed to cancer in 1996, the word was used as a connotation not a denotation, and Ola had not told anyone about her illness.

Wow so if Ola did not tell anyone about having cancer (besides Slash i'm assuming) then Slash knowingly lies about Axl knowing and making that comment??

I think it's quite clear that when Axl referred to Slash as a cancer he was implying that Hudson has been an ever present burden upon him in which he struggles to liberate himself from. Whilst the metaphor used by Axl was in slightly bad taste, what Rose stated about Hudson was absolutely not in connotation with Slash's mother's sufferings.

Edited by Chinese Destruction

I think it's quite clear that when Axl referred to Slash as a “cancer” he was implying that Hudson has been an ever present burden upon him in which he struggles to liberate himself from. Whilst the metaphor used by Axl was in slightly bad taste, what Rose stated about Hudson was absolutely not in connotation with Slash's mother's sufferings.

Axl may hate Slash, but anyone who believes the guy would dog Slash's mom obviously hasn't been paying attention.

Axl may hate Slash, but anyone who believes the guy would dog Slash's mom obviously hasn't been paying attention.

Can you clarify what you mean? I think I get what you're saying but you've left a lot of room for misinterpretation.

I'm just saying Axl has no record of going after people unless he feels they have "wronged" him in the past. Slash's mother has never been mentioned in the past in any way by Axl. With Axl's mom dying in the 90's I find it hard to believe he would "go there".