"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

Marshall amps is coming out with a new Slash signature amp. The AFD100 replicates the sound of Slash's tone in Appetite For Destruction, Gibson has released a replica of the guitar used to record that album as well. Is Axl gonna go after them too for the Slash/GNR association?!? :violin:

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is even more pathetic is how the axl-haters crawl out from under their rocks to bash Axl.......in a guns n roses forum. If you think axl is a douche or jerk then why are you here? Makes no sense. Go to the VR section or to a forum of a band that you like. We get it. You love slash. You blame axl for everything. Now go support a band that you like!

What's even more annoying then that is when you say that in every single one of your posts.

We get it.

Nice. I'd come up with some catchy insult about you......but I guess none of your posts have ever stood out enough to make me look at the name of who posted it.

Let me guess though. Slash is God and Axl is evil. Everything Axl does is wrong. Everything Slash does is golden. You apply different standards to slash than you do to axl. And if a forum member says something positive about Axl its because they are a close-minded nut-swinger, but if they say something negative about Axl - then they are an open-minded intelligent forum member. Sound about right?

So a member with 8000 posts bashing Axl on every sngle topic doesn't "annoy" you. But me wondering why axl haters would spend time on a GnR forum "annoys" you? Makes perfect sense.

Wow. Nice way to stereotype me, I assume because I have a Slash sig and avatar.

I don't apply any different standards to either of them. In my opinion, they're both awesome, and they're both morons. I like them the same as musicians. I'm the biggest "Slaxl" fan on this board and most people here will know that already. I say my piece on Axl and/or Slash because it's what I think. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find a post of mine that bashes Axl out rightly.

Maybe if you paid attention to my posts you wouldn't have to draw dumb conclusions due to my sig and avatar.

And Apollo, that little . thing you do between every paragraph is kind of a give away. Just saying.

What is even more pathetic is how the axl-haters crawl out from under their rocks to bash Axl.......in a guns n roses forum. If you think axl is a douche or jerk then why are you here? Makes no sense. Go to the VR section or to a forum of a band that you like. We get it. You love slash. You blame axl for everything. Now go support a band that you like!

Axl isn't Guns N' Roses. Sure, he swindled some of his former band members out of the name, but most of them account for 5/6 of this band's catalog and the band's best music released to date. I was a fan and member of this board this current bands incarnation, I don't give a fuck who the hired hands are.

Fans who are cheering "Yay!! Go Axl!!!!" need to realize that while Axl's pocket book may benefit from this, the fans are the ones who are going to get screwed over by this once again.

More time for Axl to be on the phone with his lawyers, being deposed, etc...And less time planning, mastering the next album and planning U.S. tours. Another lawsuit, Rock n' f'n roll!!! :rolleyes:

when in fact its all slashs and former members fault? :rolleyes:

Who suggested that? I certainly didn't. Obviously a certain degree of responsibility for this contractual lapse lies with Slash given he more than likely gave the go ahead to Activision for their usage of Guns N' Roses' “Jungle” with his avatar appearance (despite Axl's request for no old or new GN'R depiction), as well as the GN'R bullet bullet logo sticker (which is the most important factor of the case in my opinion). But the majority of blame has to predominantly lie with Activision given they as an organization are withdrawn from the GN'R saga and acted as the main mediator (as such) during the whole process of securing the so called “go ahead” for “Jungle's” incorporation in the game. They (Activision) ultimately failed to uphold an agreement (often reiterated) with the owner of the Guns N' Roses brand, and by using the GN'R bullet logo in their release pack effectively shot themselves in the foot.

when in fact its all slashs and former members fault? :rolleyes:

Who suggested that? I certainly didn't. Obviously a certain degree of responsibility for this contractual lapse lies with Slash given he more than likely gave the go ahead to Activision for their usage of Guns N' Roses' “Jungle” with his avatar appearance (despite Axl's request for no old or new GN'R depiction), as well as the GN'R bullet bullet logo sticker (which is the most important factor of the case in my opinion). But the majority of blame has to predominantly lie with Activision given they as an organization are withdrawn from the GN'R saga and acted as the main mediator (as such) during the whole process of securing the so called “go ahead” for “Jungle's” incorporation in the game. They (Activision) ultimately failed to uphold an agreement (often reiterated) with the owner of the Guns N' Roses brand, and by using the GN'R bullet logo in their release pack effectively shot themselves in the foot.

So apparently, you've read the contract.

Can you post it please?

No, I'm just not as quick to call Axl a liar. Presumably because I'm a fan and consider the guy to be quite credible. The allegations put forward by Axl's legal team appear to be a little more implicit (and plausible) than merely well informed fabrications by a very shrewd legal staff. Therefore until proven otherwise (and they very well may be) I consider them to be perfectly legitimate.

Can you post it please?

this

cuz the court papers make lots of mention about discussions and agreements made with the housekeeper but no sign of the actual contract signed by Axl and Activision

impossible to form an opinion based on one sided accusations when merit lies in what was agreed upon in writing

Edited by AngelZ

I think a lot of fans were crossing their fingers that Axl would use this month off to finalize plans to put out the next album along with the alleged U.S. tour. Apparently he had other plans. :shrugs:

To be honest, I expect it out around 2013-2016.

Next month, we'll be celebrating 10 years of the Chinese Democracy World Tour 2001-2011. I guess, we'll always have more of that to look forward to!! :thumbsup:

Axl should sue all the haters on this forum for defamation.

I can see it now----AXL Rose sues forum haters for defamation of character :scared: why not alienate the fan base just a little bit more,and you should be his fucking lawyer :crazy:

if Volcano were Axl's lawyer, we'd end up with the GNR name :rofl-lol:

Axl is suck a dick. I lose more respect for him everytime he does stupid shit like this.

This is why the band broke up, Axl's stupidity and his control issues.

Why would u lose respect of him over this? he asked that Slash or Velvet Revolver not be included in the game they signed a contractual agreement and then went ahead and had Slash and VR a part of the game which breached the contract so Axl has every right to take them to court and ask for 20 Million

Axl is suck a dick. I lose more respect for him everytime he does stupid shit like this.

This is why the band broke up, Axl's stupidity and his control issues.

Why would u lose respect of him over this? he asked that Slash or Velvet Revolver not be included in the game they signed a contractual agreement and then went ahead and had Slash and VR a part of the game which breached the contract so Axl has every right to take them to court and ask for 20 Million

he asked that Slash or Velvet Revolver not be included in the game ..... this is when the problem lies , saying the could use jungle but not slashes image ... no matter how hard he tries he will never remove slash from the gnr legacy he cannot control the legacy they created no matter how many times he goes to court , though he has every right to sue to many it seems sooooo petty and controlling .

Axl should sue all the haters on this forum for defamation.

I can see it now----AXL Rose sues forum haters for defamation of character :scared: why not alienate the fan base just a little bit more,and you should be his fucking lawyer :crazy:

if Volcano were Axl's lawyer, we'd end up with the GNR name :rofl-lol:

Is there a law against cock teasing fans with the prospect of a 'trilogy' of albums? I'd love to read that case briefing. :lol: