"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

when it was his company and his game giving GNR priceless exposure to the younger generation?!?

Plus the Slash avatar incorporated within the game and in the “Jungle” section further promotes the inaccurate notion that Slash is still a member of Guns N' Roses. Which he is not.

Well according to some the "experts" on this board, GNR is as popular as its ever been, and everybody knows Slash isn't in the band.

In fact, according to some, when people think of GNR these days, they think Ashbaland or KFC Double Down's.

....But yeah, this is dumb, no matter if its true or not. I mean when a kid is playing gnr classics on the game, of course he's gonna wanna play as character that looks like slash; just common sense, and video game developers aren't stupid. it's the same reason they put micheal jordan in every nba game, even though he's been retired for years.

once again, its the fan that loses in the end.

Slash hasn't said a bad thing about the record or axl in 4 or 5 years. In fact, leading up to its release and afterwords, when slash was asked about the record, he always had something positive say.

Slash has developed an extremely implicit prejudice towards any attempt at not leaving the GN'R concept to wear away and die.

Why should he? He's still making money off some of the songs he wrote. It's his llivelihood.

When Axl does stupid shit with the "brand", it affects his pocket.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when it was his company and his game giving GNR priceless exposure to the younger generation?!?

Plus the Slash avatar incorporated within the game and in the “Jungle” section further promotes the inaccurate notion that Slash is still a member of Guns N' Roses. Which he is not.

Well according to some the "experts" on this board, GNR is as popular as its ever been, and everybody knows Slash isn't in the band.

In fact, according to some, when people think of GNR these days, they think Ashbaland or KFC Double Down's.

That doesn't matter. "Oh most people don't know Slash is not in the band".

First, that's not truth, second even if it was truth, it doesn't matter, because he's not the GNR guitarrist.

Slash has been busy promoting CD. Check out this official shirt:

opr4b5.jpg

That t-shirt is a good thing is it? Having a guitarist who parted ways with GN'R fifteen years ago on a GN'R t-shirt which seems to be trying to promote a record the guy had absolutely nothing to with creating? Really good means of liberating GN'R of its former self that one. No wonder it's unofficial.

Seems to suit Slash's agenda though. In terms of peddling out the false notion that Slash still maintains a present association with Guns N' Roses. I suppose plastering everything GN'R related with Slash is a good idea if your agenda is to twist reality. Maybe Slash financed the production of those shirts himself.

Edited by Chinese Destruction

Its all lawyers anyway Axl will likely never have to actually be there, relax!

Kudos once again to Axl for standing for what is right! I agree with this lawsuit, it's one thing for certain people to use music but to sell it with Slash and a GN'R tune mass marketing? No way :thumbsdown:

What the heck is RIGHT to you!? Living in complete hatred and animosity toward a single man whose been doing nothing but livin his life and moving on!? Good grief. If Axl shot Slash in the head out of cold blood, you would be clapping your hands wouldn't you?

....But yeah, this is dumb, no matter if its true or not. I mean when a kid is playing gnr classics on the game, of course he's gonna wanna play as character that looks like slash;

Well that simply isn't the case. Unfortunately, and not because new GN'R doesn't have talent, when your average Joe is presented with something GN'R related their instant association is with Axl, Slash, maybe Duff, maybe Izzy, or possibly Adler. The reason for this is because of the media oppression of the new project (especially Axl) and certain individuals' continued attempts at preserving a connotation with the concept. That's the reality.

Are the wants of video game playing kids really Axl's concern? Axl acts in the interests of GN'R therefore having a former Guns N' Roses guitarist perform a GN'R song (not even his own rendition!) in an internationally sold game is not compatible with the present day intentions of Guns N' Roses.

Why should he?

Possibly because he opposes any attempts at progressing the Guns N' Roses concept if it doesn't entail him (likely because he feels he is Guns N' Roses)? Despite the fact he left of his own accord in 1996.

Edited by Chinese Destruction

Axl seems so worried about making sure Slash doesn't profit from people still thinking he's associated with the band, but will do absolutely nothing for the media and general public to suggest that GNR still exist or promote the new members.

He can hardly blame anyone else when the TINY appearances he's made "lately" on TV have been a solo spot on MTV VMA awards was solo. The radio shows he did about 2006 were solo and he doesn't perform singles or anything on TV. He won't do any shows on any channel ever and that's the best way to show the new band and that Slash etc.. have nothing to do with GNR anymore.

If he wanted to rid the slash image from GNR he should get the band out there on music videos and TV appearances etc.. etc..

Hopefully if the band do record a new album as a proper band and no one fucks off, we can actually get towards a situation where GNR are a band and hopefully Axl will be convinced and confident enough to perform the new songs on TV with the new dudes.

I blame 2002 for everything that MTV was slated beyond belief and I think that's scared him off performing on TV.

The fact GNR seemed to be fighting the BBC for playing the Reading stuff was another case of restricting the public seeing GNR. I mean that performace was shit so I am sort of glad they didn't show much more, but again it's all leading towards hiding this band from people.

LP

"In order to promote Guns N' Roses, Rose diligently attempts to channel media and fan attention to the current status of the band, its lineup and focus on its current endeavors and plans for the future"

:lol:

I really, really hope that, for Axl's sake, no one who knows anything about Guns N' Roses is in the jury.

Is Axl legally prohibited from releasing any images that represent Guns N' Roses post 1993? If so, he's done a bang up job adhering to that. Evidently we're not allowed to get visual representations of GNR past or present. Super. <_<

"Oh most people don't know Slash is not in the band".

First, that's not truth

Are you sure? Because CD sold a Gazillion copies, GNR has 5 million friends on Facebook, the tour made bookoo dolllars and everybody and their mother attended.

I think people know whose in the band, man.

....But yeah, this is dumb, no matter if its true or not. I mean when a kid is playing gnr classics on the game, of course he's gonna wanna play as character that looks like slash;

Well that simply isn't the case. Unfortunately, and not because “new” GN'R doesn't have talent, when your average Joe is presented with something GN'R related their instant association is with Axl, Slash, maybe Duff, maybe Izzy, or possibly Adler. The reason for this is because of the media oppression of the new project (especially Axl) and certain individuals' continued attempts at preserving a connotation with the concept. That's the reality.

Possibly because he opposes any attempts at progressing the Guns N' Roses concept if it doesn't entail him (likely because he feels he is Guns N' Roses)? Despite the fact he left of his own accord in 1996.

Media suppression? I'm glad so many of Axl Rose's fans have adopted his persecution complex. He perpetuates every bit of slack he gets by late concert appearances, a rotating door of managers, lawsuits, random feuds with clothing designers and obscure metal bands, and last but-not-least a woefully overfunded and underwhelming album that he did nothing to promote, or mend any issues with the media. Slash has gotten some jabs in there over the years, but he's done more to distinguish himself from Guns N' Roses, by you know, making music and appearances in the public eye.

This whole "some people still think Slash is in Guns N' Roses" debate is ridiculous. Whilst not everyone in the world knows, I would be willing to bet that 99.99% at least of people interested enough to go to a GNR concert know.

Nobody goes to a Guns show expected to see the Appetite line-up.

Well that simply isn't the case. Unfortunately, and not because “new” GN'R doesn't have talent, when your average Joe is presented with something GN'R related their instant association is with Axl, Slash, maybe Duff, maybe Izzy, or possibly Adler. The reason for this is because of the media oppression of the new project (especially Axl) and certain individuals' continued attempts at preserving a connotation with the concept. That's the reality.

Media suppression? I'm glad so many of Axl Rose's fans have adopted his persecution complex. He perpetuates every bit of slack he gets by late concert appearances, a rotating door of managers, lawsuits, random feuds with clothing designers and obscure metal bands, and last but-not-least a woefully overfunded and underwhelming album that he did nothing to promote, or mend any issues with the media. Slash has gotten some jabs in there over the years, but he's done more to distinguish himself from Guns N' Roses, by you know, making music and appearances in the public eye.

Which is obviously why Axl has become increasingly embittered by the man. Just because Axl's terrified of the media, he gets down on Slash for utilizing whatever means he can to stay relevant outside of GNR. It's a no-win for Slash with Axl Rose. Hell, Axl basically said that he'd like to see Slash disappear forever with the whole 'cancer' remark.

I still get a good chuckle from people who truly believe this lawsuit isn't about Slash...

Edited by sofine11

I think you'll find the “exposure” was enjoyed by former members of an incarnation of GN'R which disintegrated well over a decade ago. Plus the Slash avatar incorporated within the game and in the “Jungle” section further promotes the inaccurate notion that Slash is still a member of Guns N' Roses. Which he is not. The usage of the GN'R bullet logo again exudes vast inaccuracies which provides continuity to the notion that GN'R decommissioned in '96. Which as you very well know is simply not the case.

Well, if Uncle Axl didnt use the GNR name for his revolving band of merry men, he wouldn't give himself such headaches. Slash would be on the game, playing a GNR song, and Axl would be doing his own thing, preventing this entire mess.... It's his own bloody controlling fault if you ask me

LA

First, that's not truth

Are you sure? Because CD sold a Gazillion copies, GNR has 5 million friends on Facebook, the tour made bookoo dolllars and everybody and their mother attended.

No they don't. I think that alteast 50% of the people who go to a GN'R show can't tell you more than 2 names of the bandmembers.

Do you really think that people would think 'ow that's the guitar player of GN'R' when they saw Ashba when he played the national anthem?

First, that's not truth

No they don't. I think that alteast 50% of the people who go to a GN'R show can't tell you more than 2 names of the bandmembers.

Do you really think that people would think 'ow that's the guitar player of GN'R' when they saw Ashba when he played the national anthem?

I agree with you 100%. I was being sarcastic.

Some people on this board try to have it both ways...

The bottom line is hatred! Axl is so full of hatred it consumes him. The hatred will eat him alive soon enough. I feel bad for him, his life must be miserable. He certainly acts like it is.

Maybe his ex says it the way it is, as she knew the guy. She really, I mean really, never wants anything to do with Axl Rose, ever.

Slash is doing well these days, and he is making decent music. I hope this type of sh-t don't bring his mindset down to redheads misserable level.

Edited by star

First, that's not truth

50%? You're exagerating, maybe a few can't name two bandmembers, really, a few.

I'm sorry, but Guns N' Roses today is far more popular than you like to think they are.

First, that's not truth

I'm sorry, but Guns N' Roses today is far more popular than you like to think they are.

So which one is it man... Either people know whose in band and that it doesn't include Slash or they don't.

You can't have both ways.

First, that's not truth

So which one is it man... Either people know whose in band and that it doesn't include Slash or they don't.

You can't have both ways.

People know whose in band and that it doesn't include Slash.

That's what I've always said.

Its all lawyers anyway Axl will likely never have to actually be there, relax!

Kudos once again to Axl for standing for what is right! I agree with this lawsuit, it's one thing for certain people to use music but to sell it with Slash and a GN'R tune mass marketing? No way :thumbsdown:

What the heck is RIGHT to you!? Living in complete hatred and animosity toward a single man whose been doing nothing but livin his life and moving on!? Good grief. If Axl shot Slash in the head out of cold blood, you would be clapping your hands wouldn't you?

Hardly :rolleyes: