"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this could just all stop at some point, but that's completely unrealistic.

You are right, it doesn't actually involve anyone except the Legal teams and their respective clients,but people will continue to needlessly debate over something that doesn't apply to them at all, and throwing out random speculation, inaccuracies and attempt to be insulting for their own satisfaction I suppose,but the thread will probably thrive until somebody goes too far and it gets locked.

If Slash knew about this then, as you said, his whole laid back, easy going and forgiving attitude is pretty much torn to shit.

personally, i reached that point long ago.

axl is axl, it is what it is, but at least he comes right out and says it.

slash is always full of PR answers and has told straight up (confirmed my marc canter) lies.

meanwhile marc said about axl, specifically the 'fall to pieces was our song' allegation, "if axl said they worked on it, then they did. axl wouldn't lie about something like that"

that tells you everything you need to know. unfortunately many dont want to acknowledge it.

I tend to give Slash the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but then sometimes I read or hear those snide little comments he makes once in a while against Axl in interviews and I think that's not laid back and easy going. And I remember those Marc Canter comments. Maybe Slash is entitled to every comment he makes, but he's not Saint Slash. There's a bit of bitch in there. But I choose to believe he didn't know about Activision's plan to misrepresent Axl (alledgedly!)

"If Slash knew about this shit......"

No one is an Angel, but I think Slash probably didn't really think it was such a big deal. I mean here's how I see the possible happenings

- Guitar Hero wants GN'R (and therefore Slash) on their game because he's an icon and the songs would be awesome for the game etc...

- They approach Axl/GNR for permission and he says yes as long as it doesn't promote VR records etc...

- Approach Slash, saying they have Axl's permission he says "yeah cool"

- Slash is on the cover of the game and shock horror other songs are available to download

- Axl is pissed that Slash is made out to be the "star" of GNR even though the game is called guitar hero and he is for this game, and finds a way to sue everyone

I'm sure Slash is aware that he would be used in such a way to promote the game, but I doubt he thought it was such a big deal to associated with a song he played the fucking guitar on anyway.

So I know people will try and make slash out to be a massive cunt, but in truth I think he just did it without thinking what Axl's twisted mind would do with it.

Normally I would support Axl in Lawsuits because most of the time I think he has a point, but because this is so pathetic I hope it's laughed out of court and Axl has to pay the expenses.

Maybe it will teach him not to be a spoilt little brat about everything and concentrate on enjoying the band he has now rather than fueling the demented jealously and hatred of former members.

At some point you need to draw a line and accept that history can't be changed in this case. Slash was the guitarist for those AFD songs and always will be. Let it go and move on. This promoted Gun N Roses (tour) just as much as any of slash's projects so it should have been a win-win. If Axl wanted to even it up, he could have given GHIII a new song and include whoever the guitarist was at the time in the game. Do something positive rather than negative.

LP

Okay, so then why wouldn't Acitvision just say they want to use WTTJ and refuse when Axl indicates that Slash's image could not be associated with it? Why lie?

Thus the basis for the lawsuit, any company found to be in breach of contract opens itself up for litigation, For all practical purposes Activision misrepresented what they intended to do, this is long overdue and should not really come as a surprise to anyone, still waiting for slash to make a statement regarding such.

I give a shit, because this lawsuit is ridiculous and shouldn't happen.

Axl should let it go and move on with his life. He gets annoyed when people constantly relate the former members to the band, but he is the one that is completely obsessed with what they're all doing, particularly slash. It's a shame because Axl is wasting part of his life, career and talent obsessing with what Slash is doing.

It's a shame.

Axl should let it go and move on with his life. He gets annoyed when people constantly relate the former members to the band, but he is the one that is completely obsessed with what they're all doing, particularly slash. It's a shame because Axl is wasting part of his life, career and talent obsessing with what Slash is doing.

It's a shame.

Agreed. I mean, he's got a case here, but it's still ridiculous. It'd be better if he just focused on making new music instead.

You can't let it slide, it just snowballs to point where Adler will be on the cover of CD 2. There's a line and the makers of Pitfall crossed it.

Exactly the intent for filing lawsuit, Activision screwed the Pooch on this,and well deserve to be sued, they blatantly broke numerous agreements.

It's a shame.

First step to not having the public relate the former members to the band would be going all out with the new members. Promo, photos of the whole band, interviews, public appearances, everything that normal bands do.

Or am I totally wrong on that one? :shrugs:

what was this thread about?

It's about one man's vision of a band against everyone else's

LA

Yeah, that's why Gilby said he, Slash and Matt had one idea of what the next album should be, and Axl and Duff had another.

But you keep going the "Axl = Hitler" route.

Edited by Indigo Child

My personal opinion is that if Axl thinks Slash damages current GnR by reminding everyone of his presence twice a week by giving an interview about GnR and/or promoting something GnR related ( GH3 or AFD amp etc... ), which he does ( because yes, the fact that Slash talks about GnR has a negative impact on the current band ) then there is a better way to fight this : sit down with the current band, record stuff, release it, promote it, introduce the new players to everybody, and at least pretend like they are equal partners with you...

This band is more than capable of making great records but as of now, they are just Axl's touring band...An incredible touring band, but not much more than this until they release something.

It's better to try and fail than to sit down and find excuses.

Just my opinion.

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALISE THAT FILING LAWSUITS DOESN'T TAKE ANY TIME OUT TO DO OTHER THINGS.

The whole bleeping point of hiring a lawyer is to have them do all the work for you.

Yes, they might need some documents, yes, they might need some information from time to time, but it's not going to cost you hours a day to do this!

Not saying this lawsuit is gonna cost the band time.

Just saying that Slash promoting himself as a current member of GnR isn't GnR's biggest problem...

Sure, it doesn't help...but...well.

I wasn't actually making my point just to you.

I was generally trying to make a point. Anyone who beleives that lawsuits have caused all kinds of delay (other than associated with an actual release) is being played for a fool.

Unless Axl is studying law, the only thing accounting for delay would be feeling emotionally drained by such instances.

Does everybody on this board truely beleive that all Axl's actions are justified, and that the whole world is out to get him?

Just saying that Slash promoting himself as a current member of GnR isn't GnR's biggest problem...

I was generally trying to make a point. Anyone who beleives that lawsuits have caused all kinds of delay (other than associated with an actual release) is being played for a fool.

Unless Axl is studying law, the only thing accounting for delay would be feeling emotionally drained by such instances.

Does everybody on this board truely beleive that all Axl's actions are justified, and that the whole world is out to get him?

I believe that this current action is justified if activision misrepresented themselves as alleged. No the whole world is not out to get Axl. Nor do I believe he believes that.

Edited by Orsys

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD REALISE THAT FILING LAWSUITS DOESN'T TAKE ANY TIME OUT TO DO OTHER THINGS.

The whole bleeping point of hiring a lawyer is to have them do all the work for you.

Yes, they might need some documents, yes, they might need some information from time to time, but it's not going to cost you hours a day to do this!

Agreed, this goes for any case really

what was this thread about?

It's about one man's vision of a band against everyone else's

LA

Yeah, that's why Gilby said he, Slash and Matt had one idea of what the next album should be, and Axl and Duff had another.

Apologies, I forgot Duff was still in the band...... <_<

LA

I believe that this current action is justified if activision misrepresented themselves as alleged. No the whole world is not out to get Axl. Nor do I believe he believes that.

The bottom line is, why should Axl get anything, just because he owns the GN'R name.

The game, a game more successful than Chinese Democracy, is about guitar hero's.

The game contains Welcome to the Jungle, a song that contains music by the guitarist / guitar hero in question.

The game allows people to play the part of a guitar hero, performing a classic hard rock tune.

It's all good..

Now numb nuts, Axl Rose, whats a piece of the pie.

One thing is for sure, Activision wouldn't want any of Axl's current hired hands to appear in a future guitar hero game, because no of them are up to the job.

The amount of Axl nut-swinging by 2 people here in this thread in particular is absolutely insane... Seriously that kind of fan devotion and defense is downright scary..

Funny how all of Axl's bitching about litigation that he seems more then willing to want to go after this. Not to mention the Irving Azoff case, and the Dr Pepper thing...

Please don't talk that way about a kid who was barely born when Slash was in Guns or a guy who (allegedly) posted on here as a teenage girl. They are just as big of fans as anyone else and I'm sure Axl would be proud that they are his biggest supporters!