"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

Not saying this lawsuit is gonna cost the band time.

Just saying that Slash promoting himself as a current member of GnR isn't GnR's biggest problem...

Sure, it doesn't help...but...well.

I wasn't actually making my point just to you.

I was generally trying to make a point. Anyone who beleives that lawsuits have caused all kinds of delay (other than associated with an actual release) is being played for a fool.

Unless Axl is studying law, the only thing accounting for delay would be feeling emotionally drained by such instances.

Does everybody on this board truely beleive that all Axl's actions are justified, and that the whole world is out to get him?

win or loose it helps to clairify the way to approach future contracts and conditions to release new material, as a person recognized plubicly that likes to have things under complete control it'll most likely interfere with future releases

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying this lawsuit is gonna cost the band time.

Just saying that Slash promoting himself as a current member of GnR isn't GnR's biggest problem...

Sure, it doesn't help...but...well.

I wasn't actually making my point just to you.

I was generally trying to make a point. Anyone who beleives that lawsuits have caused all kinds of delay (other than associated with an actual release) is being played for a fool.

Unless Axl is studying law, the only thing accounting for delay would be feeling emotionally drained by such instances.

Does everybody on this board truely beleive that all Axl's actions are justified, and that the whole world is out to get him?

win or loose it helps to clairify the way to approach future contracts and conditions to release new material, as a person recognized plubicly that likes to have things under complete control it'll most likely interfere with future releases

Or he just hires a very good lawyer who can solve or find the solution to those kind of problems.

Just to clarify once more: HE IS NOT STUDYING LAW! All he does is approach a lawyer wth a question/situation, and they handle it for him, it does not take any time out for music.

This made it to the front page of yahoo. They are ripping Axl in the comments section.

Axl Rose's Hatred of Slash Results in $20 Million 'Guitar Hero' Lawsuit

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/21058/axl-roses-hatred-of-slash-results-in-20-million-guitar-hero-lawsuit/

They're not being kind, but that's the internets public for ya

There sure is a lot of hating in those comments. The public perception is that Axl is a washed-up has been, who's jealous of Slash.

Edited by salx

The public perception is that Axl is a washed-up has been, who's jealous of Slash.

Pretty much everybody I know, myself included, feels this way.

Unfortunately many people are incapable of Discussing the Activision Case without reverting to the Axl vs. Slash schtick, The Activision case is all about a company,defaulting and lying about what they were planning to do, if a company was wrongly exploiting your property,you wouldn't take action? I would,simply because my sense of right and wrong would impel me to legally stop this company's deceptive,despicable practices.

Unfortunately many people are incapable of Discussing the Activision Case without reverting to the Axl vs. Slash schtick

How is that surprising? That's where it stemmed from. Axl was happy to license WTTJ, just as long as Slash didn't benefit from it.

Axl's concern was focused on the current state of GnR. You're focused on Slash.

The amount of Axl nut-swinging by 2 people here in this thread in particular is absolutely insane... Seriously that kind of fan devotion and defense is downright scary..

Funny how all of Axl's bitching about litigation that he seems more then willing to want to go after this. Not to mention the Irving Azoff case, and the Dr Pepper thing...

Please don't talk that way about a kid who was barely born when Slash was in Guns or a guy who (allegedly) posted on here as a teenage girl. They are just as big of fans as anyone else and I'm sure Axl would be proud that they are his biggest supporters!

See, This kind of comment isn't needed nor warranted, We know you are trying to be clever and take a dig at someone you obviously have personal problems with, but in actuality it's Your problem,so deal with it, I also do not get the people that are saying "yeah, Axl's got a case,but he ought to forget about it" What the hell kind of logic is this? That is 4 shades of stupid, Activision chose to mislead and decieve,so they should suffer the consequences and pay the piper for their wrongful actions, It needs to be dealt with and sorted out as soon as possible,considering the time lapse from when this was first brought up and now,it seems a considerable amount of thought and collection of evidence/facts has been invested,It's not frivolous, and it's a valid complaint.

The amount of Axl nut-swinging by 2 people here in this thread in particular is absolutely insane... Seriously that kind of fan devotion and defense is downright scary..

Funny how all of Axl's bitching about litigation that he seems more then willing to want to go after this. Not to mention the Irving Azoff case, and the Dr Pepper thing...

Please don't talk that way about a kid who was barely born when Slash was in Guns or a guy who (allegedly) posted on here as a teenage girl. They are just as big of fans as anyone else and I'm sure Axl would be proud that they are his biggest supporters!

See, This kind of comment isn't needed nor warranted, We know you are trying to be clever and take a dig at someone you obviously have personal problems with, but in actuality it's Your problem,so deal with it, I also do not get the people that are saying "yeah, Axl's got a case,but he ought to forget about it" What the hell kind of logic is this? That is 4 shades of stupid, Activision chose to mislead and decieve,so they should suffer the consequences and pay the piper for their wrongful actions, It needs to be dealt with and sorted out as soon as possible,considering the time lapse from when this was first brought up and now,it seems a considerable amount of thought and collection of evidence/facts has been invested,It's not frivolous, and it's a valid complaint.

Very true. He has every right to sue, and the actions of Activision were despicable.

However that still does not change the fact that Axl sueing Activision is going to further ruin his image towards the public, as we've already seen by all the comments that have been made on websites outside of this forum.

Sometimes, for the better, you have to let these things go. Even by principle, it might not be worth it in the long run.

Very true. He has every right to sue, and the actions of Activision were despicable.

However that still does not change the fact that Axl sueing Activision is going to further ruin his image towards the public, as we've already seen by all the comments that have been made on websites outside of this forum.

Sometimes, for the better, you have to let these things go. Even by principle, it might not be worth it in the long run.

No, I don't think random snarky remarks made by some coward behind a keyboard makes a shit of difference to differentiate between right and wrong,

What Activision did was wrong ergo: they should be punished legally, whether the "internet-opinionated-self-aggrandizing-surly mob on the internet" agree or not, people seem to love to hate,and that only reveals that they have issues,not everyone is a fan-puppet,and they follow their own

heart/instincts,Don't really think half of the complainers and whiners actually know what happened,and think the other half are kids trying for attention, Public opinion is fickle at best,and shouldn't determine the way you choose to live your life,or the business decisions you make,if they weren't bitching about the lawsuit,they would find something else to bitch about so fuck em'.

The one thing I don't get is that Axl sue Activision for 20 million because a verbal agreement was infringed, but he sue Azoff for only 5 million when he supposedly boycotted the band in order to reunite old GNR, he fucked the promotion for CD, the tour and probably he was one of the reasons we didn't get a video.

In my eyes Azoff really fucked it up compared to what Activision did, yet he gets sue for only 5 million... :unsure:

The one thing I don't get is that Axl sue Activision for 20 million because a verbal agreement was infringed, but he sue Azoff for only 5 million when he supposedly boycotted the band in order to reunite old GNR, he fucked the promotion for CD, the tour and probably he was one of the reasons we didn't get a video.

In my eyes Azoff really fucked it up compared to what Activision did, yet he gets sue for only 5 million... :unsure:

What ever happen with the Azoff situation. The last I read, Azoff made his point in court by throwing a.. was it a news paper or something?

What ever happen with the Azoff situation. The last I read, Azoff made his point in court by throwing a.. was it a news paper or something?

Wasn't it a copy of the financial times or something?

I doubt we will hear anything about it until the case is resolved and even then we may have to wait a while. I doubt either side is bending over backwards to tell the media what's up.

Edited by plonker88

No, I don't think random snarky remarks made by some coward behind a keyboard makes a shit of difference to differentiate between right and wrong,

What Activision did was wrong ergo: they should be punished legally, whether the "internet-opinionated-self-aggrandizing-surly mob on the internet" agree or not, people seem to love to hate,and that only reveals that they have issues,not everyone is a fan-puppet,and they follow their own

heart/instincts,Don't really think half of the complainers and whiners actually know what happened,and think the other half are kids trying for attention, Public opinion is fickle at best,and shouldn't determine the way you choose to live your life,or the business decisions you make,if they weren't bitching about the lawsuit,they would find something else to bitch about so fuck em'.

You try so hard. Real cool guy rocker mentality there, fonz. You yourself don't even know the true details of the case, just Axl Rose's biased assessment.

This isn't some big conspiracy against Axl, "they would find something else to bitch about" is hardly true; sort of odd anti-axl sentiment comes to a boil when he embattles himself constantly in lawsuits or fucks over ten-of-thousands of fans at a concert by showing up ridiculously late or.. not at all. I came here absolutely enamored with Axl Rose. Over time although, my heart/instincts, and, uh, facts have told me he's a cunt.

Media suppression? I'm glad so many of Axl Rose's fans have adopted his persecution complex.

It isn't some fabricated conspiracy, it's a reality that has faced the new project from the offset. It's actually unbelievable the lengths media personnel will go to portray Axl and the rest of GN'R in a negative light in the hope of shattering morale and forcing a reunion.

The making “Chinese Democracy” of was depicted as a fourteen year process. It was painted as a period in which Axl spent his entire time in the studio obsessing over perfecting the most revolutionary album since “Appetite”. The only time Axl didn't spend making “Chinese Democracy” according to the media was when he threw Halloween parties (that he didn't turn up to) and had his nappy changed by his ex-wife's Brazilian maid.

Then the first touring process began. A “freak show” journalists were quick to brand the band's efforts, “oh and Axl is so fat”. “How dare he enjoy some good food with his well earned money!”

2002. Still a “freak show”, “oh and Axl is botoxed like crazy”. “Plus he's wearing American football jerseys and is sporting braids, how dare he try and liberate himself from his former image!” In reality we know the 2002 line-up of Guns N' Roses had fantastic potential.

2004-2005. “We're never going to hear Axl & Friend's new album, give up you imbeciles!”. “Why doesn't Axl just re-unite the old band?”

2006. “Axl still has the braids, oh my God what a loser!” “Where is that Buckethead guy? He might have been a freak but he's better than that Thal idiot.” “Finck stop altering Slash's solos you sloppy turd!” The reviews were less than complimentary (to say the least). In reality we know the 2006 incarnation of GN'R delivered very solid shows that were enjoyed by the vast majority of those who attended.

Late 2008/2009. “CHINESE DEMOCRACY” SUCKS!” “Bloated, over the top, and typical of that poser Axl Rose”. Shortly after “Chinese Democracy” was appearing in numerous “most anti-climatic rock record” lists. In reality Axl and GN'R had produced a very good album that even the most critical of persons quietly acknowledged as a success.

Late 2009/2010. “Where are those guys that made “Chinese Democracy”?” “Dj Ashba is Saul Hudson II, or at least he wants to be”. “Axl is so bloated, is that even him?” “Axl looks like Graham Norton with those sparkly jackets”. “This is NOT Guns N' Roses”. “How dare Axl be late and allow a rock n' roll show to interfere with our work schedule!” “He's subject to my requirements as a ticket payer!” Almost every gig has received a or a number of scathing media reviews after. Again, in reality we know that 2010 has been the incarnation of GN'R which is most fitting. Fantastic shows with fantastic attendee reviews. Prosperity in abundance.

So yes. “New” GN'R (and Axl in particular) are part of a elite group which the media just relishes hating. There are very few other concepts out there that media sections ridicule and oppose with such consistency and enthusiasm. Anything remotely negative (or fabricated) which can be pinned upon the new project is exploited and exploited and exploited so that it presents an entire different context altogether. Winnipeg, Twittergate, Reading and Dublin (to name but a few) spring to mind.

OK but what is Axl trying t achieve here?

Surely if he was truely upset by the association of Slash and WTTJ/GnR raking it up in this case is just going to make it worse raising the profile of it still further?

Morally can he really object to the association of slash to the guitar parts fro WTTJ he did write them after all?

And if he thinks by winning the case that it will change the opinion of the public one way or the other he is likely to be sorely disappointed.

Or does he just fancy trying his arm at getting come cash off of Activision? Fair enough but I's rather he focussed his energies on recording new music.

Edited by Lines&Noses

If he did shit like that to you would you write positive things about him??? I think not.........When you treat the press like shit they are going to write negative shit about you, justified or not.

So the media is on par with taxes (as in they aren't the most attractive things but they have to be dealt with)? It's quite clear that Axl doesn't get the whole journalist business (using your own position to write about someone else's).Therefore why is it so essential that he engages with something he has no empathy for? If anything he preserves his own integrity as opposed to selling out just to further his own agenda. I'm sure Slash has an equal feeling of animosity towards the media yet he continues to play ball with them. That's his choice. Refusing media personnel interviews etc. isn't a legitimate reason to portray that somebody or something inaccurately. The media is supposed to be the unbound telling of truth (regardless of personal vendetta).

Edited by Chinese Destruction

If he did shit like that to you would you write positive things about him??? I think not.........When you treat the press like shit they are going to write negative shit about you, justified or not.

So the media is on par with taxes (as in they aren't the most attractive things but they have to be dealt with)? It's quite clear that Axl doesn't get the whole journalist business (using your own position to write about someone else's).Therefore why is it so essential that he engages with something he has no empathy for? If anything he preserves his own integrity as opposed to selling out just to further his own agenda. I'm sure Slash has an equal feeling of animosity towards the media yet he continues to play ball with them. That's his choice. Refusing media personnel interviews etc. isn't a legitimate reason to portray that somebody or something inaccurately. The media is supposed to be the unbound telling of truth (regardless of personal vendetta).

Very true,that is the premise,but name me ten journlists that write the truth,the media is like a pack of jackals,they smell blood and herd in for the killl;feasting on garbage,but none of the shit they write ,nor this 30 page collection of clusterfucked posts will have any effect on the Activision lawsuit,A company defaults on an agreement,they get sued,so just maybe they will hesitate to do it again,Fact.

Very true,that is the premise,but name me ten journlists that write the truth,the media is like a pack of jackals,they smell blood and herd in for the killl;feasting on garbage

Well generally speaking you're absolutely right. The problem is that the media is accountable to no-one therefore the standard of personnel within the media is inclined to decline. If anything there's a huge need for reform within the media in order to give people like Axl Rose food for thought in terms of reconsidering their stance on engagement.

Edited by Chinese Destruction