"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can download free tracks off his website. When was the last time Axl ever gave away anything for free? Oh right? Never.

How many of those tracks are actually any good? Really, if Axl was putting mediocre songs on GN'R's site for free download would you view it to be “a genuine gesture” or a “tarnishing of the GN'R concept”? The latter I would presume. “GN'R are so bad they're releasing tracks FOR FREE!” But when good old Slash puts tracks up for free download (despite them being pretty damn terrible) it's considered to be “an act of appreciation of the fans”. Double standards much? Absolutely.

But Axl's not doing any of that.

There's no double-standard becuase in terms of "fan appreciation" we're comparing apples and oranges.

The "fan experience" for New GN'R couldn't be any worse. Tweets are free for the fans - does Axl tweet? No. No interviews, No videos, no corrected liner notes, no alt. artwork, no B-sides ... etc.

Axl would rather charge $100 so you can stand, packed in a sweaty, half-filled stadium, waiting over 2 hours between acts to see the same canned setlist he's been performing for 10 years while you pay $9 for beers.

Slash charges $30, you get to stand right in front of him in a sold-out, intimate club and pay $4 for a beer.

If you're going to call Slash a sell-out at least try to back it up with some FACTS please.

But Axl's not doing any of that.

There's no double-standard becuase in terms of "fan appreciation" we're comparing apples and oranges.

The "fan experience" for New GN'R couldn't be any worse. Tweets are free for the fans - does Axl tweet? No. No interviews, No videos, no corrected liner notes, no alt. artwork, no B-sides ... etc.

Axl would rather charge $100 so you can stand, packed in a sweaty, half-filled stadium, waiting over 2 hours between acts to see the same canned setlist he's been performing for 10 years while you pay $9 for beers.

Slash charges $30, you get to stand right in front of him in a sold-out, intimate club and pay $4 for a beer.

If you're going to call Slash a sell-out at least try to back it up with some FACTS please.

I've just outlined possible reasons why Axl chooses not to release free material on the GN'R site. Allow me to briefly reiterate. “Oh my God Axl & Friends are so bad, this is highlighted by the fact that they're releasing FREE TRACKS on their site. Clearly they've realised from “Chinese Democracy” that NOBODY is buying their stuff.”

Yes actually, Axl does occasionally tweet. You're also forgetting that “new” GN'R entails more than one member. Ron tweets. Richard tweets. Dj tweets. You get the picture. Ron does interviews. Tommy does interviews. In terms of videos, what about the South American montage, or the pro-shots of Reading? 2011 is a long year by the way. In regards to no liner notes or alternate artwork, I hope and believe the first instalment “Chinese” is finished, it's quite the clear the band have shifted focus onto what comes next, hopefully plans for “Chinese” have been shelved indefinitely so as to enable intentions to concentrate on preventing the next release on bombing in terms of the way it is planned to be released.

Axl has the harder gig though. Being in GN'R creates a responsibility to preserve the concept's credibility. And that entails playing relatively big venues. I'm sure if acting independently Axl would almost certainly play the same type of venues and require the same amount of money as Slash. Charges to see GN'R are relatively high because you're going to see a pedigree band, with amazing pyrotechnics and a big stage set-up. All that costs quite a bit of money. Slash with a bunch of mediocre hired hands, standing on a half-assed stage in a small scale venue, with zero stage effects whatsoever does not. Yet the latter comes off as more attractive? Why? Oh yeah, because “you can feel the aura of that bushy haired guy with the top hat who created that amazing “Sweet Child” riff.” Cool beans.

I didn't call Slash a “sell-out”, so you get your FACTS right please.

Yes actually, Axl does occasionally tweet. You're also forgetting that “new” GN'R entails more than one member. Ron tweets. Richard tweets. Dj tweets. You get the picture. Ron does interviews. Tommy does interviews. In terms of videos, what about the South American montage, or the pro-shots of Reading? 2011 is a long year by the way. In regards to no liner notes or alternate artwork, I hope and believe the first instalment “Chinese” is finished, it's quite the clear the band have shifted focus onto what comes next, hopefully plans for “Chinese” have been shelved indefinitely so as to enable intentions to concentrate on preventing the next release on bombing in terms of the way it is planned to be released.

So, now you're using your hopes and dreams regarding things they "might" do next year as "facts?" facepalm.gif

Tweets by Axl's emplyees don't count because they have no Guns N' Roses information - and when they do - it's horribly inaccurate.

How's that February tour coming along Dj?

Edited by Skulls

Axl has the harder gig though. Being in GN'R creates a responsibility to preserve the concept's credibility. And that entails playing relatively big venues. I'm sure if acting independently Axl would almost certainly play the same type of venues and require the same amount of money as Slash. Charges to see GN'R are relatively high because you're going to see a pedigree band, with amazing pyrotechnics and a big stage set-up. All that costs quite a bit of money.

Axl doesn't seem to have any problem at all forgoing the big venues and pyro "to preserve the concept's credibility' when some millionaire is bank-rolling a private gig.

So, now you're using your hopes and dreams regarding things they "might" do next year as "facts?" facepalm.gif

Tweets by Axl's emplyees don't count because they have no Guns N' Roses information - and when they do - it's horribly inaccurate.

How's that February tour coming along Dj?

No. Dj's alluding to a fresh approach and the recent removal of the “Chinese Democracy” theme from most aspects of the tour (merchandise, posters etc.) suggests there's an intention to move on and leave “Chinese” behind. “Chinese” has a lot of stuff attached to it (morally and so on), therefore for the latter reason it's better off left as it is and the implications are that that is the case.

Try the GN'R page then. Touring is the agenda right now, thus you'll find information related to that I'm sure. I don't think Axl or GN'R is going to be tweeting about anything other than touring when for now that's the only thing on the agenda. Simple concept really.

Dj stated February because at that particular time February was probably the plan. Therefore his suggestion was perfectly legitimate. As far as we're aware February could still be the intention considering the only notion to the contrary was from a yet unproven “insider”.

With all due respect- the only notion to the contrary that I'm paying attention to is the fact that we're two days into December and they're aren't even rumors of a US tour.

It's not happening.

Edit: nvm. after reading your posts I now see that you can't be serious.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Wait? You think there's going to be a US tour in February? :lol:

Edit: I'm sure Dj was either misquoted or his twitter was hacked or something, but nevertheless, the February tour will be another broken promise (like the Better vid, the bandmembers Q&As, the live stream, etc. etc.) that will never be spoken of or acknowledged again.

Edited by Skulls

I'm not saying Slash is bad, but being a sellout it's part of his nature. We know that

The FBI arrested a fan on behalf of Axl Rose.

Complete and utter bullshit. The FBI does not act on the behalf of private parties. Neither Axl Rose, nor any private party, can have the FBI arrest anyone.

Ali

Wait? You think there's going to be a US tour in February? :lol:

Edit: I'm sure Dj was either misquoted or his twitter was hacked or something, but nevertheless, the February tour will be another broken promise (like the Better vid, the bandmembers Q&As, the live stream, etc. etc.) that will never be spoken of or acknowledged again.

He wasn't misquoted, he wasn't hacked, he said it. Whether it will happen is another story but to just immediately cry "BULLSHIT! ackshel NEVER KEEPSH PROMISHESH!" is just being this negative little girl.

That might pass on your gay little rebel forum but around here, you just come off as being a bitch.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

As I recall, there was quite a long time when you could listen to Democracy in its entirety on GNR's MySpace page. I might be mis-remembering, but I know you could at least hear several tracks for free. Maybe even still.

Yeah, I think you could listen to it for free for like 3 weeks after the release

As I recall, there was quite a long time when you could listen to Democracy in its entirety on GNR's MySpace page. I might be mis-remembering, but I know you could at least hear several tracks for free. Maybe even still.

Yeah, I think you could listen to it for free for like 3 weeks after the release

but that's a free stream, as opposed to a free download.

I think Chinese Democracy isn't a good a example in this discussion because Chinese Democracy songs were on the Internet before its official release. You could download them for free.

Yeah I know

I think Chinese Democracy isn't a good a example in this discussion because Chinese Democracy songs were on the Internet before its official release. You could download them for free.

Guns N' Roses still prohibits the sharing of old demos from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

Guns N' Roses still prohibits the sharing of old demos from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

But we've had old demos on the Internet for years. I don't want demos. I prefer the finished material. Do you want old demos?