"Axl Rose Suing Guitar Hero Makers".

Chinese Destruction

Legally, Axl may be 100% in the right. This still makes him look like an asshole though. Slash is always going tom be associated with WTTJ, and Guitar Hero was smart enough to know that practically no one would be waiting in line to play as DJ Ashba. Telling them they can't offer VR tracks as downloads makes him look even worse, as if he's afraid of the competition.

Yeah, pretty much. It's the fact that he singles out the whole Slash-imagery thing that makes it seem like sour grapes more than a case of real legal concern. You can't really control pop culture - no matter how long it's been since he was in the band, that's always the band Slash is gonna be known for to most people, and it just seems silly to me to attack that.

I find the whole thing stupid..

'Guitar Hero' is the name of the game.

Activision used (presumably) with permission, Slash, as Slash is a 'guitar hero', one of the world most recognizable living guitarists, behind some of the most recognizable hard rock classics.

In the game 'Guitar Hero' has character that looks just like Slash, and move's just like Slash (as Slash was motion captured) as that's the whole purpose of the game.

On this occasion I wish Axl would just fuck off. I hope Activion whip his ass.

Some comments here ;)

Edited by star

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people here are really stupid.

Axl is absolutely right. It doesnt if Slash is the guitar player on Jungle, Activision had a contract with Axl and they didnt respect. Stop trying to see Axl as the vilain always, be logical. Axl had a contract with Activision and Activision didnt respect it in many ways, end of story. It doesnt matter if you think the requests Axl made on the contracts are ridiculous or not, all that matters is that there was a contract and Activision didnt respect it.

Its so simple.

That's how things works, contracts are made to be followed. It doesn't matter if you think the contract is ridiculous. Just read the document! Activision had a contract with Axl and they didn't respect it. End of story, Axl is 100% right.

Why wait 3 years? ;)

Activision will put that question to the courts.

Edited by star

Guest RonMexico82

Just as the goodwill towards Axl was on the increase thanks to him and Duff playing together he pulls a move like this and firmly reinforces his image as a massive cunt.

His obsession with erasing Slash from GNR history/image is sad and pathetic.

Just as the goodwill towards Axl was on the increase thanks to him and Duff playing together he pulls a move like this and firmly reinforces his image as a massive cunt.

Sad pathetic and a loss cause.

Precisely. More wasted time in vain.

wonder if he mentioned to Duff that he was doing this...

wonder if he mentioned to Duff that he was doing this...

That's a really good question. But my guess is that he did not.

Didn't axl state that irving arseoff was supposed to negotiate a settlement figure with activation before it all want pearshaped? It's one of the reasons cited by axl in his counter case against Irving a. He didn't wait 3 yrs..

Did you even bother to read the complaint? It doesn't sound like it.

It's not at all about erasing Slash from GN'R's history. That's a statement that reeks of ignorance of the specifics in the claim. :rolleyes:

It was about not implying a current association between Slash and GN'R and not conflating the VR/Slash and GN'R brands. And, again, the fault is being put on Activision's shoulders, not Slash's.

Ali

Edited by Ali

In terms of what I've put in bold, no, absolutely not. Axl is moving to act against a former member of Guns N' Roses who is continually using the concept to promote himself and his own other pursuances. The reality is that Axl is pretty lenient in terms of former associates using their previous connotation with GN'R to promote their own interests (take Steven Adler for example) but with Slash taking the exploitation of “brand GN'R” to an international level action, well, it's simply unacceptable and therefore has to be dealt with to liberate GN'R of its former self (in order to allow progression of the new project).

And in regards to “image”, it's perfectly natural that GN'R wish to eradicate the stigma of a player who ended his association with the band fifteen years ago.

I wish Axl spent as much time trying to get the next album out as he does fiddling around in court.

I'm not implying you're wrong, but how do you know how much time Axl spends trying to get the next album out? Seriously, you're sounding a bit like the boneheads who continually spew out the “fourteen years in the making line” about “Chinese Democracy” whilst not having had any first hand experience of the “Chinese” making process.

I suppose if you can't write catchy albums that people want to buy, you might as well sue instead.

How can you write a “catchy album”? That's probably one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long while. Music is specific to its listener, therefore it doesn't matter if thirty eight million people love a particular record, it still can't be categorically stated as “catchy” because you can bet your last dollar some person in some region of the earth is thinking, “this is garbage”. Ten thousand people could buy a record which is shunned by the vast majority, are you actually going to have the tenacity to deny them their belief that what they are listening to is “catchy”? There's no elite form of music listener which an artist should aim to please, that's called a lack of integrity and basically, “selling out”.

And yes, Axl (in an ideal world) should sue Slash for the initially lacklustre “Chinese” sales, because that guy has almost single handedly maintained this nonsense notion that GN'R died with him in 1996 and therefore any subsequent so called “Guns N' Roses release” should be considered a farce. It's largely because of Slash's almost subtle antics that almost every non “new” GN'R enthusiast treated “Chinese” with a prejudice. How the hell can you establish if something is “catchy” if you're listening to it with three thousand million defences?

Edited by Chinese Destruction

Fans may argue that Axl has every right to sue Activision over this because they breached the contract by allowing kids to play as Slash on Welcome to the Jungle.

I think that the real reason that Axl is suing is because of his warped hatred for Slash & that he hates the fact that the public will always see him as the lead guitarist from GN'R.

Does anyone believe that Axl would still be suing if for example an image of any other ex gunner had appeared in the game?

In terms of what I've put in bold, no, absolutely not. Axl is moving to act against a former member of Guns N' Roses who is continually using the concept to promote himself and his own other pursuances. The reality is that Axl is pretty lenient in terms of former associates using their previous connotation with GN'R to promote their own interests (take Steven Adler for example) but with Slash taking the exploitation of “brand GN'R” to an international level action, well, it's simply unacceptable and therefore has to be dealt with to liberate GN'R of its former self (in order to allow progression of the new project).

I wonder why hes suiing a multi billion dollar media company that can afford way better lawyers then axl when in fact its all slashs and former members fault? :rolleyes:

Slash had nothing to do with the rightful use of his imagerey.

What is even more pathetic is how the axl-haters crawl out from under their rocks to bash Axl.......in a guns n roses forum. If you think axl is a douche or jerk then why are you here? Makes no sense. Go to the VR section or to a forum of a band that you like. We get it. You love slash. You blame axl for everything. Now go support a band that you like!

I wonder why hes suiing a multi billion dollar media company that can afford way better lawyers then axl when in fact its all slashs and former members fault? :rolleyes:

IF Axl could legally affect Slash's ability to profit from HIS OWN work, we not think he would've stopped him from using Paradise City on his solo album/single?

What is even more pathetic is how the axl-haters crawl out from under their rocks to bash Axl.......in a guns n roses forum. If you think axl is a douche or jerk then why are you here? Makes no sense. Go to the VR section or to a forum of a band that you like. We get it. You love slash. You blame axl for everything. Now go support a band that you like!

What's even more annoying then that is when you say that in every single one of your posts.

We get it.

Zakk Wylde just tweeted the following...

"The feud Between AXL VS SLASH..The CATHOLICS n PROTESTANTS will just NEVER see Eye to Eye on certain issues ✞TBLO✞ "

"the thing that is upsetting is how Axl thinks he is GNR. what does it matter. Sell the music and stop being a prick"

Zakk Wylde just tweeted the following...

"The feud Between AXL VS SLASH..The CATHOLICS n PROTESTANTS will just NEVER see Eye to Eye on certain issues ✞TBLO✞ "

"the thing that is upsetting is how Axl thinks he is GNR. what does it matter. Sell the music and stop being a prick"

Zakk's got a point.

What's even more annoying then that is when you say that in every single one of your posts.

We get it.

Nice. I'd come up with some catchy insult about you......but I guess none of your posts have ever stood out enough to make me look at the name of who posted it.

Let me guess though. Slash is God and Axl is evil. Everything Axl does is wrong. Everything Slash does is golden. You apply different standards to slash than you do to axl. And if a forum member says something positive about Axl its because they are a close-minded nut-swinger, but if they say something negative about Axl - then they are an open-minded intelligent forum member. Sound about right?

So a member with 8000 posts bashing Axl on every sngle topic doesn't "annoy" you. But me wondering why axl haters would spend time on a GnR forum "annoys" you? Makes perfect sense.