Twat of a guys review of GNR in australia

bumblerose

I cant stand people like this who post shit without knowing anything.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/its-time-for-the-accc-to-act-on-crap-bands/

by David Penberthy (twat)

There are billboards all over Sydney right now claiming that a band by the name of Guns and Roses is playing this weekend. This is a lie. A bandy-legged, lank-haired fellow dressed in spandex dacks and a gay headband is playing. His name is Axl Rose and he has not left the house in 20 years.

There is no Slash, no Izzy Stradlin, no-one to blow the sports whistle which heralds the thumping start of Paradise City, just a few session musos and a chap who spent the past two decades penning the anti-masterwork Chinese Democracy, a concept album so crap in design and execution that it makes Roger Water’s Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking seem intelligent. It is unclear whether the relevant sections of the Trade Practices Act covering false and deceptive conduct can be applied to foreign entites - Punch columnist and competition crusader Professor Frank Zumbo would know - but whatever the case the billboard advertising the Guns and Roses concert should bear a large asterisk reading “Actual band may not match band shown.”

Which brings us to INXS.

There are many questions you can ask about the band that should no longer be known as INXS, such as what in God’s name is going on with Kirk Pengilly’s facial hair, and how does he still keep pulling such attractive chicks. The biggest question is how the surviving members of this group can claim to be the custodians of Michael Hutchence’s memory while also turning the lead singer’s spot into a take-a-number deli counter-style operation for everyone in Australia who has ever been to a karaoke bar.

The initial plan after Hutchence died was to bring in Jon Stevens of Noiseworks fame. Then there was a game show to replace him. At this year’s AFL Grand Final the band was fronted by a man who looked a bit like the jockey Darren Gauci. The boys turned up on the telly the other night with Christine Anu on lead vocals. Although this was ostensibly a collaboration rather than a formal replacement, you wouldn’t put anything past this lot. No-one should be surprised if pint-sized strumpet Nikki Webster is sworn in next year as the new Hutchence; alternately perhaps the guy from Regurgitator could have a crack at re-recording Shabooh Shabah in Mandarin, maybe the husky female jazz vocalist Renee Geyer could sing The Swing in the style of a 1950s swing band. It’s just a pity Dame Joan Sutherland is no longer with us, she would have done a great rendition of Just Keep Walking.

The possibilities are endless. While all of the above might be a form of music, INXS it ain’t, and the band would do well to retire the name out of deference to one of the greatest front men not just in Australian rock history but world rock history, rather than debasing it as stadium rock meets Red Faces.

ACCC Commissioner Graeme Samuel should also turn his attention to the greatest serial offender in the false and deceptive conduct stakes, John Farnham. One of the great ironies of modern Australia is that Farnham’s good friend Glenn Wheatley spent time in prison yet Farnsy is walking around scot-free despite fleecing thousands of pensioners by holding his absolute last-ever farewell tour never-to-be-repeated show, once every 12 months. These poor old ducks dutifully turn up and sob - for all the wrong reasons - as Farnsy screeches out his cover of Help for the last time until the next time. It beggars belief that Farnham has not yet been charged as he is to farewell tours what the late Richard Pratt was to cardboard boxes.

I know Mr Samuels is under pressure to act on bank fees and charges and interest rate gouging and electricity prices but these arguably are side issues.

While not strictly a competition issue, a parliamentary committee should be set up to tackle another great unexplored theme of Australian rock, namely how is it that Chisel were so great but Barnesy on his own is so awful. Oh and can someone please jail Glenn A Baker for wearing that hat, he makes Peter Fitzsimmons look sensible.

Sounds like someone needs a wank and a KFC and to cheer the fuck up.

Yes the line up is different, and Chinese Democracy was brilliant, but to slag the fuck out of a band and their show before they've played a note shows a narrow-mindedness and preconception that shouldn't exist in music journalism, but all to often does.

People should be pleased that bands make such a long journey to play to them. I've been on many websites where Australia and South America and Eastern European countries complain endlessly about being missed on certain tours. Attitudes like this one don't really help anyone. If you don't like the fact it's a new line up don't go. And don't review something before it's happened or that you won't go to.

Negativity is perfectly fine if you've been and didn't like it (if you focus on the show and not the bullshit around the band), but before the show is stupid.

LP

I speak for all Australians in saying that this guy should just shut the fuck up. Some nobody from some nothing website with some lame fucking opinion.

end thread/

I cant stand people like this who post shit without knowing anything.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/its-time-for-the-accc-to-act-on-crap-bands/

by David Penberthy (twat)

There are billboards all over Sydney right now claiming that a band by the name of Guns and Roses is playing this weekend. This is a lie. A bandy-legged, lank-haired fellow dressed in spandex dacks and a gay headband is playing. His name is Axl Rose and he has not left the house in 20 years.

He could at least get his dates right- wanker!

His name is David Penberthy and he is a cunt. Next!

Wow, he writes for a website called thepunch.com. Wait. I'll write to him: "Dear Mr Penberthy, I'd love to see you hanging around at LAX before Axl's departure to Australia."

"Chinese Democracy, a concept album so crap in design and execution that it makes Roger Water’s Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking seem intelligent."

What should we expect from someone who writes things like this?

The guys just an idiot, his opinion is his opinion, but he knows nothing about the album - it ain't a concept album for a start!

news.com.au is auzzies biggest news website and this thing was presented big and bold on the homepage for everyone to see, not great promotion. Stuff him i cant wait to see a rocking show and im sure the good reviews after the shows will shut him the fuck up. cant wait for whole lotta rosie and nice boys, maybe we'll see angry anderson make another appearance like last time.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It wouldn't bother me because there are so many mistakes and incorrect facts in the 'article' its obvious this guy hasn't a clue. He calls them Guns AND Roses for crying out loud :rolleyes:

news.com.au is auzzies biggest news website and this thing was presented big and bold on the homepage for everyone to see, not great promotion. Stuff him i cant wait to see a rocking show and im sure the good reviews after the shows will shut him the fuck up. cant wait for whole lotta rosie and nice boys, maybe we'll see angry anderson make another appearance like last time.

:rolleyes: pretty shitty news place then, bigger does not = better clearly in this case.

It wouldn't bother me because there are so many mistakes and incorrect facts in the 'article' its obvious this guy hasn't a clue. He calls them Guns AND Roses for crying out loud :rolleyes:

this

"Chinese Democracy, a concept album so crap in design and execution that it makes Roger Water’s Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking seem intelligent."

He pretty much lost me here. Every Roger Waters album is awesome. Especially that one.

It's got CLAPTON on it for f#@k's sake, it kicks ass.

"Chinese Democracy, a concept album so crap in design and execution that it makes Roger Water's Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking seem intelligent."

He pretty much lost me here. Every Roger Waters album is awesome. Especially that one.

It's got CLAPTON on it for f#@k's sake, it kicks ass.

Indeed.

PS: please add the fact that activation lied to axl in your sig. thank you.

you should put in yours that it is a lie.

Edited by moreblack