Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

STARABOSTES

yeah man! thanks for this one... :thumbsup:

actually he has at least three solos in this song which

blows away anyone else who sang those parts before him! rock1

Yeah, Slash's and Bucket's Nightrain solos were great too, but Ron just blows em away. Also, it's funny seeing someone sweeping & doing that insane tapping on a '59 reissue LP :lol: Not too many people do that.

I think that's honestly the best Nightrain ever.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron's a really nice guy, but I want Slash to come back.

Can you read the fucking thread title or are you fucking blind? Stop talking about Slash here, stop trying to bring your fantasy dreams to this thread. Your ridiculous attempts to bring useless discussions make users of this board sick of you and your Slash fantasy dreams.

On the topic: He's my favorite musician ever. Possibly my favorite vocalist ever as well. :)

Can you read the fucking thread title or are you fucking blind? Stop talking about Slash here, stop trying to bring your fantasy dreams to this thread. Your ridiculous attempts to bring useless discussions make users of this board sick of you and your Slash fantasy dreams.

On the topic: He's my favorite musician ever. Possibly my favorite vocalist ever as well. :)

I thought BBF's album Abnormal was horrible. I can't get enough of Slash's solo album though.

On topic, BBF is a nice guy.

I thought BBF's album Abnormal was horrible. I can't get enough of Slash's solo album though.

On topic, BBF is a nice guy.

Slash has nothing to do with this topic.....

Didn't know much about him before he joined GnR. Honestly, I was not not sure about him. But now I have nothing but love for him and thinks he's a great guitarist. It took some time but he has won me over.

I was in a similar boat. BBF has come a long way since 2006 and I think his involvement with GN'R is one of the best things to happen to the 'new' lineup.

He's a great player, always nice to the fans, quirky sense of humour, and he doesn't say divisive shit like "get on board or fuck off". Ron's cool and probably one of the people Axl has to worry about the least. If Bucket can't be there, he's a great replacement. :thumbsup:

In a way, it's someone he has to worry about the most......

He's a great player, always nice to the fans, quirky sense of humour, and he doesn't say divisive shit like "get on board or fuck off". Ron's cool and probably one of the people Axl has to worry about the least. If Bucket can't be there, he's a great replacement. :thumbsup:

Ron is my favorite member of the band, other than Axl, and he seems like a dude that gets it. He seems as if he loves the art of music and knows how to exploit the business to suit himself. Why would he leave the band, unless his solo career explodes I think he's got it pretty kush. Dude doesn't seem like someone who lusts for the limelight.

Ron is my favorite member of the band, other than Axl, and he seems like a dude that gets it. He seems as if he loves the art of music and knows how to exploit the business to suit himself. Why would he leave the band, unless his solo career explodes I think he's got it pretty kush. Dude doesn't seem like someone who lusts for the limelight.

It's not that he looks for the limelight, I feel like his feelings toward the fans can get in the way of what Axl's doing......remember that little tirade he went on earlier this year?

YoungGun, I think we're over that now, and I feel like I started the majority of them. I feel like a dick dude, sorry. Buckethead is one of the best guitarists known to man and so is Ron, and once you reach a certain point, it's just opinion who's better.

No apology needed bro :) And i agree that both are two of the best guitarists around. Truly something to aspire to be like.

I lost alot of respect for Stintson after he said that, what a tosser, acting like a big shot when its not even his band, either say something nice or informative or STFU(directed at Stintson). His jab at Bucket was strange too as a guitarist with "nothing underneath the bucket" he sure can play, and even outplays Stintson on bass too. Slightly off topic though. Ron would never say anything like that.

I lost alot of respect for Stintson after he said that, what a tosser, acting like a big shot when its not even his band, either say something nice or informative or STFU(directed at Stintson). His jab at Bucket was strange too as a guitarist with "nothing underneath the bucket" he sure can play, and even outplays Stintson on bass too. Slightly off topic though. Ron would never say anything like that.

it seems you forget what Axl said about Tommy - "the general" through the rehearsals...

and more over, Tommy along with Pitman(12 years in the band) and Fortus (8 years in the band!) and Dizzy and Axl are the backbone of this band, the last 2 are together from 1990, and the first 2 are with GNR since 1998, so in that perspective Tommy had "the right" to say what ever he did say!

it's all about standing in one's believes, and from what I see Tommy believes in GNR and he's giving his best for it,

so try to understand the man if he got sick of "prima donna lead quitarist attitude" ok!?

I mean is it so hard for you people to see that's were the problems of GNR started?

so to have one as Bumblefoot for 4 years now it's more than great! that's the whole purpose of this thread

and not to start bashing other members... B)

Edited by roua gri