Axl has finally one-upped Vince Neil once and for all

saber_

WTF ?

I've watched Motley Crue on Larry King few years ago and Vince was asked about fighting with Axl Rose and he said that he had buried it long ago and had nothing against him.

Yeah but Axl remembers. I guarantee it.

fail to see how this is a "one up". i thought i had the concept down but appearantly not. so nowadays you just have to be lame and then you are automatically one upped by axl rose?

Yes, "appearantly" not. Say the word phoenetically out loud: "lol"

But to answer your question in the context of pseudo-faux-mygnrforum-fanboy-srs-bzns: It's a one-up because Axl and Vince once had a feud. So when comparing the two, you can say: "Well at least Axl hasn't gone on skating with the stars." And, I mean, Vince looks like a little kid trying to learn how to skate out there. So if you prefer to think of it as Vince one-downing himself, then be my guest.

Caring about what Vince Neil is up to is stupid.

Thanks for coming into the thread to share that with us. So let me see if my logic teacher would give me points here: if caring about what vince neil is up to is stupid, then what does that make caring about a thread that is caring about what vince neil is up to? Ha.

Vince is a douche, but Too Fast for Love and Dr. Feelgood ARE alltime great albums despite what some of you youngsters:P think.

Too Fast laid out the blueprint for Appetite.

THANK YOU! [Han Solo voice]Thank you very much[/Han Solo]

Their albums rank among the best if you're into cheeseball 80's stadium/riff/glam/image rock. Epic, really. I been relistening to them on the way to work each morning lately. Just for the lulz. Every album (up to Feelgood) has some good shit.

Vince is indeed a douche, but like it or not, he was apart of rock n roll history. And back when he had a voice, he had a singular influence on a great rock band.

I dunno about blueprint :laugh: , but I will tell you this: Steven Adler had his snare drum tuned very close to Tommy's. Also notice the use of cowbell in GNR's and Motley's first albums. Also listen to the general mix of the drums (when Adler was in the band)- very similar to the Motleys in some ways. Could just be coincidence.

Edited by mindsaber

Vince is a douche, but Too Fast for Love and Dr. Feelgood ARE alltime great albums despite what some of you youngsters:P think.

Too Fast laid out the blueprint for Appetite.

I'm not a youngster. I went right through that era...it sucked ass. Like I said..."girls girls girls"? I listen to that and just laugh. What, was Motley Crue trying to be "tough" and write music like Perfect Crime or It's So Easy? Their shit just makes me laugh. It's like listening to rock n roll's answer to the Brady Bunch in drag. They were a complete joke.

Edited by Nintari

Axl no longer needs to whip Vince's ass. The score is settled once and for all. ; )

Vince has self-owned himself and detracted from Motley Crue's legacy by going on Skating With the Stars. It is unfortunate, because as I listen to that first Crue record, I'm reminded of their awesomeness.

Actually in all seriousness, has Axl made any comments about Vince lately? Not that he needs to. I guess he prefers to just laugh out loud.

In an attempt to save this thread

Great video and even better music.

I'm a huge Mötley Crüe fan, they are awesome. But Vince...I don't even know what to say. He makes one bad decision after the other and I know the rest of the band is unhappy with it. But what can they do? Vince is my least fave member of Motley but at the same time I know no one else can front Motley with the same succes.

Kneel down, ye sinners - to streetwise religion - greed's been crowned the new king.

Nikki Sixx is a great songwriter in his own rite.

I hate when you persons take on Axl Rose's views as your own, like you're an extension of him by doing so. I bet he still jams some old crew every now and again.

Some bands are just rockers, and even if they don't inject the intelligence into the music that Axl does, that doesn't mean that they don't have the attitude and the feel.

I didn't say *persons, I called you *persons