2011 GN'R Rumors

ManetsBR

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of whether or not this guy is legit, I have a feeling that the first few months of 2011 are going to be very telling in regard to future plans.

Before or after the euphoria from the US tour wears off?

Haha I dunno about that one. Until we hear differently, DJ may have been counting his chickens before they hatched with that one. Either way, I think the fans U.S. and otherwise are more interested in the next album than a 3rd U.S. tour for this album. Like I said, the next couple of months should be telling...

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't take some random guy on a gnr fan forum claiming to be an insider. So many people have done this before, gave similar vaugue information, and acted the same way and every single one of them turned out to be fake

Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't take some random guy on a gnr fan forum claiming to be an insider. So many people have done this before, gave similar vaugue information, and acted the same way and every single one of them turned out to be fake

Or we could discuss the wealth of info the band is giving us on the next album....Oh wait. :shock:

Lol, you have a point though, this did happen a lot from 02-08 on the forums. But really, until the band says anything official (once every 10 years) all we can do is speculate and dispute whether these anonymous posters, Mysteron, Robin F etc, have some shred of truth to what they're saying.

The thing that's different here is that if it's the same guy from the original post, he was right on the money back in 2007 before the album came out. He spit out lines from Sorry and some other little tidbits before we even had any idea they existed.

I haven't been thoroughly reading through this thread but if it was proven to be the same guy (him saying he's the same guy isn't proof), then while it should still be taken lightly, it's still intriguing as far as rumors go.

i mean clearly this guy has some inside info but like he said, he isnt axl or umg so he doesnt know for sure. The whole issue is that it took forever to get chinese democracy released because of all the legal matters, i hope these wont tie up the release of the next album too much

we already knew axl originally wanted the self-titled record out in november 2009. we also know he turned in a mixed and mastered album in the spring of 2010 and asked for a july release. seems reasonable that he's still trying to get UMG to release the album ASAP.

yeah but do we really know for sure that he turned in a mixed and mastered album in spring 2010, no offense mistersaintlaurent, but i just wanna know how you really know this

we already knew axl originally wanted the self-titled record out in november 2009. we also know he turned in a mixed and mastered album in the spring of 2010 and asked for a july release. seems reasonable that he's still trying to get UMG to release the album ASAP.

How do we know that was actually the case? As far as we know, that rumor started with you. Other than that, we've seen no concrete evidence that Axl has turned in the second album yet whatsoever.

So a nobody comes here saying that Bumblefoot is this, that Axl wants to do that and all of sudden he's right. Yeah, great fans! You take a nobody's word against a band member as the truth and you obviously aren't a real fan since you tend to believe every negativity against the band. The ones that believe this are the ones that say 'Bumblefoot's lying, he can't say shit because of his signed contract' and 'Ashba's lying, he's a fucking liar'. Not worth the time spent trying to show how those members are - again - full of shit.

Dude the original source, who isn't even posting on this board, didn't say squat about bumblefoot, that was some other guy who was full of random B.S.

However, the Robin F guy I'm willing to believe - he seems to be pretty reasonable.

Will have to wait and see.

As far as we know, that rumor started with you.

No, it didn't. Many people stated that before.

From Robin F ~

I believe The General is approximately 7+ minutes long.

And I believe it's 4 minutes long.

I don't want to be a prick, but so far I haven't seen anything that makes his statements more valued than mine or anyone else.

Edited by ManetsBR

Facepalm. No Manets. I passed that rumor on to you after MSL started it to coax the hoarders into giving up tracks. I remember this because, much to my dismay, you name dropped me all over the forums when I told you this and you wouldnt shut up about it until it mid summer when it became clear that a release this year was not in the cards. :thumbsup:

Facepalm. No Manets. I passed that rumor on to you after MSL started it to coax the hoarders into giving up tracks. I remember this because, much to my dismay, you name dropped me all over the forums when I told you this and you wouldnt shut up about it until it mid summer when it became clear that a release this year was not in the cards. :thumbsup:

Hey, that's not truth. I didn't drop your name on the board, I didn't drop anyone name on the board. And I wasn't actually refering to only you. I heard of the release by someone else first, and not only that, there were these guys who came here and claimed to have contacts from the industry that confirmed the album release and also the self-titled thing.

Edited by ManetsBR

Hey, that's not truth. I didn't drop your name on the board, I didn't drop anyone name on the board. And I wasn't actually refering to only you. I heard of the release by someone else first, and not only that, there were these guys who came here and claimed to have contacts from the industry that confirmed the album release and also the self-titled thing.

Regardless, it proves that this whole "GNR turned the next album in for an intended July release, but were turned down and were hoping for November..." was nothing more than a rumor with ABSOLUTELY ZERO real evidence to support it.

axl turning the record in and pushing for a july release was a lot more than a rumor. it was confirmed by several people within universal and was even spoken of publically on industry sites before the GNR community picked up on it.

Are there links to these sites available to support this? Anything at all? I dont want to seem like a prick, as I am very grateful for what you did for the fans back in '07. But you've been around long enough to know how hard it is for anyone who knows anything about this band to simply take someones word for it, even someone proven like you.

It's just that as far as we've seen, we're no closer to a release now than we were when these rumors first surfaced. As always, I hope I'm wrong. :shrugs:

axl turning the record in and pushing for a july release was a lot more than a rumor. it was confirmed by several people within universal and was even spoken of publically on industry sites before the GNR community picked up on it.

What is going on with the follow up record now?

tell this guy to email me at opgunsguy@yahoo.ca regarding this:

If you can think of something else that may help to prove my credibility (within reason), I wouldn't mind accommodating.

thank you

Edited by gunsguy