2011 GN'R Rumors

ManetsBR

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting boring. Someone from the band could come here and deny all this and shut the fuck up all these "insiders" kids.

Don't make me laugh.

Someone from the band COULD fix that garbage website, treat the fans like respectable humans, and provide updates of the ongoings of the band.

However they don't which leads to either the occasional informed insider posting things or in most cases, people who desperately seek attention spouting out misinformation.

Besides, what makes you think people from the band would give you and honest answer instead of PR-speak?

My whole feeling on people from the band is I really like DJ and Bumble...but neither of those guys have ever gave us real "info" AS FAR AS A NEW ALBUM GOES...You had DJ say "We are gonna have a new album out" Then the next day you have Bumble say "Whoa, hold on". And as far as me being in America, I could really care less about "insider info" about a tour over in Europe.

I consider "inside info" stuff like a new album coming out, unheard songs...etc. And I understand its good for the board when Axl & Fernando come on and talk with people. But neither of them have ever gave any kind of info like MSL has. And if MSL has something that is said about him that is untrue he will address it in a civil manner. My one encounter with Fernando wasnt the greatest...And I think the last time Axl was on here was to call someone a "cunt". So I dont know...

Good point. But youthinkso didn't even claim to be demolition.

Yes he did.

"Robin F" guy is a bit off and a bit on and he is not me, if he says so, he is a liar.

The next album is done and was in that state since CD came out and it is all Buckethead//Brain/Finck material which the current band members play over, except trademark eyeliner guy.

It was supposed to come out exactly 1 year after CD, but Azoff's games killed it all.

Is why there is no USA tour too, he pretty much owns everything or he is heavily involved with the ones who do, all related to each others business.

Azoff's proposal was, reunite or I will destroy this band.

The current band members would rather want an album with new material out.

Axl isn't impressed by their efforts, Bumble is rebelling because of this, he wants the next album to have his writing on it for royalties.

Most insiders know he is in it for the money and as a career move collecting supporters for his solo career, he can't stand GnR music, is a fact, Axl knows this too but he needs him as long as Buckethead shows no interest in returning, which Axl still wants and tries to accomplish in different ways behind the back of the band, is also why he wants to push the unheard Buckethead/Finck material through on the next album, long sentence with wrong usage of commas has ended now.

Axl actually gave up on that after the Azoff thing, so he let it go and was content being a jukebox nostalgia act, which the band at the moment still is.

Axl wants to change that now.

So not all is a happy cakefest as you see it.

There are 3 remixes of CD (Axl, Brain, Dizzy-Pitman), big whoop.

DVD always has been on the agenda but the support from the company (which is Azoff's contact's lap dog) is zero, like in pretty much anything else the band wants to do, no support from any corner.

You already heard parts of "new" songs live that the current members wrote that Axl isn't impressed by, instrumental mellow versions and no shit, they will play unheard full songs one day.

So nothing new there.

And they say the stars don't look the same

I may have changed yet I have my soul to claim

;)

someone ask this newgnr "insider" what song is this. it has to be a unreleased song. is it the general?

Im not so sure about the Robin F guy. Alot of what he says is very vague. Half his answers are "The General", like he doesn't know any other song titles. The Zodiac lyric he wrote was absolutely terrible too, "youthinkso"'s lyric seemed much more Axl-esque and believable. Robin F did say Brain would be playing for Guns in 2011 and that the US tour dates had been pushed back, so we shall see if that is true pretty soon.

well fake insiders or not, there's no harm in asking. even though I think someone asked from brain about this jam and he claimed that it wasn't an actual song. but still...sounds too tight to be just a jam

Not really...

Manets: You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

Brian: it's an awesome jam... i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

Q: Could you tells us more about "The General"?

A: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

(Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. [...] [Axl] goes, 'Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.'" (Baz, Metal Edge, 11/06/07)

This jam is very heavy, very deep. And it has a slow and awesome riff, in the beggining and in the end of the jam.

"[bach] says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called 'The General' is 'the sequel to [use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy' (James penned the short story that inspired the 'November Rain' video)." (Rolling Stone, 06/25/08)

Well, with all this orchestra, piano, and being kind of timeless, it could be really a sequel to Estranged.

Thanks for GNR-Evolution for the quotes. Remember that Axl jammed Prostitute and the band If The World on 2006.

But...

I just asked Bumblefoot if it was the general. he said] it was just something they wrote on the spot, so this is clearly not it. but cool anyways!

There's a topic about this discussion: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=167571

Yes he did.

"Robin F" guy is a bit off and a bit on and he is not me, if he says so, he is a liar.

Woah!

well fake insiders or not, there's no harm in asking. even though I think someone asked from brain about this jam and he claimed that it wasn't an actual song. but still...sounds too tight to be just a jam

Not really...

Manets: You wrote The General. Despite very few people having heard it, it has become a legend in the Guns N' Roses world. What do you think about that?

Brian: it's an awesome jam... i hope it's released soon!!!!!!

Q: Could you tells us more about "The General"?

A: You may have heard parts of it somewhere.

(Axl Rose, chinesedemocracy.com, Dec. 2008)

"One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think ive ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. [...] [Axl] goes, 'Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.'" (Baz, Metal Edge, 11/06/07)

This jam is very heavy, very deep. And it has a slow and awesome riff, in the beggining and in the end of the jam.

"[bach] says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called 'The General' is 'the sequel to [use Your Illusion II's] 'Estranged,' that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy' (James penned the short story that inspired the 'November Rain' video)." (Rolling Stone, 06/25/08)

Well, with all this orchestra, piano, and being kind of timeless, it could be really a sequel to Estranged.

Thanks for GNR-Evolution for the quotes. Remember that Axl jammed Prostitute and the band If The World on 2006.

But...

I just asked Bumblefoot if it was the general. he said] it was just something they wrote on the spot, so this is clearly not it. but cool anyways!

There's a topic about this discussion: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=167571

Yes he did.

Woah!

If that's nothing more than an on the spot jam then this band needs to be in the studio yesterday. I think Bumble may be B.S.ing us. Maybe not.

I think we have the tracklisting now.

We do?

Last I checked, the closest thing we have to that are confirmed song titles: The General, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Atlas Shrugged, Quick Song, Beta's Barn, Down By The Ocean, Silkworms, Oklahoma, Thyme etc. I imagine we'll see the bulk of those titles on the next album.

I think we have the tracklisting now.

We do?

Last I checked, the closest thing we have to that are confirmed song titles: The General, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Atlas Shrugged, Quick Song, Beta's Barn, Down By The Ocean, Silkworms, Oklahoma, Thyme etc. I imagine we'll see the bulk of those titles on the next album.

The General

Soul Monster (Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul)

Zodiac

Atlas Shrugged

Down by the Ocean

Oklahoma

Thyme

Seven

Ides of March

Leave Me Alone

Axl confirmed all of those titles during the different online chats between boards. He also confirmed Silkworms and Oh My God but I doubt we'll see them on the next disc (since we've already heard them, unless as B-sides or if it's felt they've really evolved or something). Quick Song is obviously a place holder (Axl confirmed the name but he did say titles subject to change and I can't see that sticking). And he jokingly referred to Checkmate as Jackie Chan. I for one would love to see the track listing above, a couple new songs, and I'm hoping for some slightly heavier tracks. Loved the snippet of Checkmate also, it has promise. Definitely want to hear what Izzy came up with.

And now we have this title "Forgotten" - it certainly could be legit, or it may not be. It does fit/could be interesting. I mean for a large part of the 90s Axl was out of the spotlight, be it by his own choice or being tied up in the courtroom, or I could be completely off, or it could be fake.

Regardless as to whether RobinF or the other guy is legit or not, I think 2011 is going to be an interesting year for Guns. The ball is definitely in motion with them touring non-stop for the past year.

Edited by kyrie

They weren't interested in rushing out new material in time for the big euro festivals when there were still no US dates in sight.

This is the CRITICAL point: US dates.

When we get them, the company will want to back this album. They don't care about pushing an album with no tour in sight. Remember, UMG US don't want to spend money on an album that could be forgotten before the US tour even starts. That's just clever business on their part.

Just like the Limp Bizkit reunion album which has been recorded and mixed for almost a year now and is still waiting for a release date, meaning for the US tour...

If CD2 doesn't get released before the US tour, I can hardly see it being released another time this year. :shrugs:

Good point actually. These days bands rely more on touring than CD sales for income. And it could be in Guns N' Roses contract(which was renegotiated in about 2003??) that the record label gets a slice of the touring and merch profits. Of course im just guessing here, i don't really see Axl willingly giving the label a percentage of the tours, but he was in a fickle situation when they cut off funding back in 2004 so maybe they coerced him that way, "Give us X ammount of the tour proceeds or we are taking you to court over not delivering an album". Then again they could just be difficult and say "we are promoting your album unless you tour/promote it. Given the MIA status of Axl during Chidem, im sure the label wants an iron clad agreement from Axl this time that he will promote it.

I still think it is blue murder that CD didn't get the attention and promotion it deserved. Sure the Irving situation fucked things up and i think Axl had good reasons for it, but man, that album is mindblowing...