2011 GN'R Rumors

ManetsBR

I think we have the tracklisting now.

We do?

Last I checked, the closest thing we have to that are confirmed song titles: The General, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Atlas Shrugged, Quick Song, Beta's Barn, Down By The Ocean, Silkworms, Oklahoma, Thyme etc. I imagine we'll see the bulk of those titles on the next album.

The General

Soul Monster (Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul)

Zodiac

Atlas Shrugged

Down by the Ocean

Oklahoma

Thyme

Seven

Ides of March

Leave Me Alone

Axl confirmed all of those titles during the different online chats between boards. He also confirmed Silkworms and Oh My God but I doubt we'll see them on the next disc (since we've already heard them, unless as B-sides or if it's felt they've really evolved or something). Quick Song is obviously a place holder (Axl confirmed the name but he did say titles subject to change and I can't see that sticking). And he jokingly referred to Checkmate as Jackie Chan. I for one would love to see the track listing above, a couple new songs, and I'm hoping for some slightly heavier tracks. Loved the snippet of Checkmate also, it has promise. Definitely want to hear what Izzy came up with.

And now we have this title "Forgotten" - it certainly could be legit, or it may not be. It does fit/could be interesting. I mean for a large part of the 90s Axl was out of the spotlight, be it by his own choice or being tied up in the courtroom, or I could be completely off, or it could be fake.

Regardless as to whether RobinF or the other guy is legit or not, I think 2011 is going to be an interesting year for Guns. The ball is definitely in motion with them touring non-stop for the past year.

Wasn't Leave Me Alone a working title for Soul Monster? I thought Axl stated this as Dexter in the past.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring to the CD2 tracklisting as "Leftovers" couldn't be more wrong. Anyone who's been a fan of the band before November 25, 2008 should know that MANY songs were intentionally put aside to go on the second, and possibly even the 3rd albums. Saying that they are just CD leftovers reduces Axl's plan to put out multiple albums from this era, and is simply incorrect.

Edited by sofine11

From NewGNR.com

From what I've heard through some of my band contacts, 2011 should be a very cool year for the fans. Axl really wants to get Chinese Democracy's follow-up out there, they'd like to tour the US (unfortunately lawsuits may prevent them), and we may even get that remix CD album bundled with an official DVD release that they're working on.

Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!

Same guy who posted that on Here Today Gone To Hell back in the beggining of 2007:

To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.

Remember these words when the album comes out.

I'm out of here

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42170.msg851905#msg851905

That's also the same person who posted the part from Zodiac.

We'll see...

This person has no class. He has obviously had some contact with GN'R years ago, but he has used it to make up nonsense.

Referring to the CD2 tracklisting as "Leftovers" couldn't be more wrong. Anyone who's been a fan of the band before November 25, 2008 should know that MANY songs were intentionally put aside to go on the second, and possibly even the 3rd albums. Saying that they are just CD leftovers reduces Axl's plan to put out multiple albums from this era, and is simply incorrect.

I didn't really use the term "leftovers" as a bad thing. I just meant that I hope the songs on the next album reflect more of who Axl is as an artist right now, at this point in time, rather than tracks that are all several years old.

From NewGNR.com

From what I've heard through some of my band contacts, 2011 should be a very cool year for the fans. Axl really wants to get Chinese Democracy's follow-up out there, they'd like to tour the US (unfortunately lawsuits may prevent them), and we may even get that remix CD album bundled with an official DVD release that they're working on.

Also, don't be surprised if you hear a previously unreleased song or 2 played live for the first time. From what I hear, Axl is wanting to test the waters. Keep your fingers crossed that it is either "Forgotten" or Atlas Shrugged". Whatever it is, you can be sure that it will be sweeeeeeeet!

Same guy who posted that on Here Today Gone To Hell back in the beggining of 2007:

To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.

I'm out of here

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=42170.msg851905#msg851905

We'll see...

This person has no class. He has obviously had some contact with GN'R years ago, but he has used it to make up nonsense.

So...Does this mean, as far you know, that we're no closer to hearing the next album?

I think we have the tracklisting now.

We do?

Last I checked, the closest thing we have to that are confirmed song titles: The General, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Atlas Shrugged, Quick Song, Beta's Barn, Down By The Ocean, Silkworms, Oklahoma, Thyme etc. I imagine we'll see the bulk of those titles on the next album.

The General

Soul Monster (Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul)

Zodiac

Atlas Shrugged

Down by the Ocean

Oklahoma

Thyme

Seven

Ides of March

Leave Me Alone

Axl confirmed all of those titles during the different online chats between boards. He also confirmed Silkworms and Oh My God but I doubt we'll see them on the next disc (since we've already heard them, unless as B-sides or if it's felt they've really evolved or something). Quick Song is obviously a place holder (Axl confirmed the name but he did say titles subject to change and I can't see that sticking). And he jokingly referred to Checkmate as Jackie Chan. I for one would love to see the track listing above, a couple new songs, and I'm hoping for some slightly heavier tracks. Loved the snippet of Checkmate also, it has promise. Definitely want to hear what Izzy came up with.

And now we have this title "Forgotten" - it certainly could be legit, or it may not be. It does fit/could be interesting. I mean for a large part of the 90s Axl was out of the spotlight, be it by his own choice or being tied up in the courtroom, or I could be completely off, or it could be fake.

Regardless as to whether RobinF or the other guy is legit or not, I think 2011 is going to be an interesting year for Guns. The ball is definitely in motion with them touring non-stop for the past year.

Wasn't Leave Me Alone a working title for Soul Monster? I thought Axl stated this as Dexter in the past.

Shit you're right - he confirmed Leave Me Alone in one post, but in another he says "Axl:The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster"."

So yeah, I was looking at his one post confirming song titles people gave him, and it was later he brought up Soul Monster. Ok, so they're one and the same. I greatly prefer Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul. Full title. Coolest song name ever.

From NewGNR.com

I'm out of here

We'll see...

Any word on whats happening Mysteron?

From NewGNR.com

I'm out of here

We'll see...

Mysteron - what exactly about it is nonsense? That Axl really wants the followup out, the US tour (which was mentioned by DJ), the DVD, the remix CD (which Brain has publicly spoken of), the unreleased songs being tested live?

I know the band probably doesn't want false info out but at the same time, RobinF's statements were all very positive and supportive of the band. Don't really see any bad in them unless it's just raising false expectations. I think we're all hoping for/expecting some US dates at the very least.

I heard a while back theres plenty to come. There is no reason why not either. All those boys like to play music and from my experience musicians do what they do because they just plain like it. When, is the question. They've been touring and I bet are burnt out a little from that. Given some time maybe they'll put more of their magic out for us to enjoy. Hopefully 2011 about summer would be most excellent for me but whenever its always a treat.

There's been been a chap going by the user name “Robin F~” causing havoc on a GN'R forum fan site lately by making rash yet substantial comments about the future intentions of Guns N' Roses.

I contacted GN'R rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus in the hope of securing some sort of clarification on this issue (especially given the person in question's claims of association with “Rich” (Richard Fortus) and “Dizzwald” (Dizzy Reed).

Now the below file will show you the claim made by “Robin F~” (a “fact” which he alleged to have heard from Richard Fortus) in terms of the U.S tour (previously alluded to by Dj Ashba):

Robin%20F%7E..jpg

Richard Fortus categorically denied saying to ANYONE that the “U.S tour won't be kicking off in February after all” and instead “will begin in March/April at the earliest”. Below is his response to such claims:

Fortus.jpg

Because “Robin F~'s” inclination to lie has been established through contact with Richard Fortus (a person who he stated as a source), I would assume that his claims about a new album (“facts” alleged to have been heard from Dizzy Reed) are also false.

From NewGNR.com

I'm out of here

We'll see...

Mysteron - what exactly about it is nonsense? That Axl really wants the followup out, the US tour (which was mentioned by DJ), the DVD, the remix CD (which Brain has publicly spoken of), the unreleased songs being tested live?

You answered your own question. Alot of the information is educated guesses based on known information.

From NewGNR.com

I'm out of here

We'll see...

Any word on whats happening Mysteron?

Only Axl can say what is happening with GN'R. There is no other information source which is reliable at this time.

You basically sayd there won't be any US tour, DVD, remix CD and unreleased songs being tested live.

I did not say in any way shape or form.

I said anyone could guess that these things could occur in the future based on logic and comments made by band members.

Edited by Mysteron

... pfff... nothing is actually new.

There's gotta be a source, and the only that only gives out the truth is one person : Axl.

Not DJ, Not VJ, Not whoever the Fuck you thought it was.

If Axl says that there's gonna be a 2011 US Tour, there's gonna be one.

You just have to Wait and see.

But the Album "Thing"... don't keep on waiting, 'cuz there ain't gonna be one for some fucking long time.

I won't be waiting.

Only Axl can say what is happening with GN'R. There is no other information source which is reliable at this time.

Not surprising. I'm sure by now Axl knows that if he wants to keep future plans under wraps he best keep the others in the dark about them, since all we get from the other memebers is muddled and incorrect information. Even Ron said he usually finds out about future plans right when we do, when 'official' announcements are made.

Edited by sofine11

How cool would it be for Dexter to show up and provide us with an update re a US tour and future album/s.

There's a lot of people out there who would try to stop a future album from being released 2 the fans, N' it's something I've always looked to do. They're more interested in making money for themselves than doing anything for the fans N' it's nothing to do with me not getting off my ass and doing it. That's not to mention that there's many times the alumni have tried to destroy Guns N' Roses, to deny you, the fans, what I feel is the true Guns N’ Roses. I have no intention, and I never did, of denying you something you would enjoy. The legal obstacles N' emotional challenges I've had to endure, not withstanding the very public personal objectives of one man who decided in his heart long ago to to take over Guns. If you only knew 3% of it.

How cool would it be for Dexter to show up and provide us with an update re a US tour and future album/s.

There's a lot of people out there who would try to stop a future album from being released 2 the fans, N' it's something I've always looked to do. They're more interested in making money for themselves than doing anything for the fans N' it's nothing to do with me not getting off my ass and doing it. That's not to mention that there's many times the alumni have tried to destroy Guns N' Roses, to deny you, the fans, what I feel is the true Guns N’ Roses. I have no intention, and I never did, of denying you something you would enjoy. The legal obstacles N' emotional challenges I've had to endure, not withstanding the very public personal objectives of one man who decided in his heart long ago to to take over Guns. If you only knew 3% of it.

:lol:

That's about right...