2011 GN'R Rumors

ManetsBR

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"""Next album release date: Guys and gals, I'm not Axl, nor am I tied to UMG, so I really have no idea. I do know Axl wants to put the next album out ASAP. I've been told that next year is the plan. It was important to Axl to tour behind this album this year! I don't think any fans will be disappointed by what's to come in 2011!

How many completed songs does Axl have? Best way I can answer this is by saying yours and my view of what is finished may be different than Axl's view. What I will say is by most people's standard, he has about 15-20 "ready". ( <-- This number may be somewhat conservative).""

by robin f~

in regards to cd1

"

The final tracklist wasn't determined until mid-2008. In other words, there were other songs in the running. We almost got Atlas instead of Catcher."

in regards to cd1

"

The final tracklist wasn't determined until mid-2008. In other words, there were other songs in the running. We almost got Atlas instead of Catcher."

A respectable former mod from CD.com said Catcher wasn't on the tracklist he saw from his source when Best Buy revealed the actual list. He didn't say what was there that we didn't get.

in regards to cd1

"

A respectable former mod from CD.com said Catcher wasn't on the tracklist he saw from his source when Best Buy revealed the actual list. He didn't say what was there that we didn't get.

lol you mean live free?

guys and gals a few points:

1. There is way too much animosity on this board. we all love guns or we wouldn't be here. The constant cut downs, digs, insults, etc are unnecessary and against what this thing is all about. Lets try to be better. At least show each other some common decency. Think about how bumble has gone above and beyond at times, how DJ and Tommy have said before how important Axl takes this whole thing. The album, the fans, his overall approach. Wouldn't it be depressing if you were facing all that stuff (remember Marc Canter said Axl doesn't lie about the delays and problems) and came to the board and saw how your biggest fans were treating each other? I know if it was me a kind word and a friendly post would go a long way.

2. If someone comes on here with info lets face it its probably fake, but only by the laws of averages. Because there have been so many assholes trying to make life negative we've all fallen into that way of thinking.

2a. this guy may be legit, he may not, but thats no reason to attack him. Why? cause it won't stop him or other people from posting bs. In fact, it probably encourages them.

3. What if he isn't full of it. Other than the comment about Bumble he said nothing negative and in fact was being positive by saying the band was gonna release material. Isn't that what we all want? I know i do.

3a.. Besides that, If bumble does feel that way does that him a bad guy? does anyone on here think less of him for wanting to write new music? I don't. Who wouldn't want royalties the man has kids to feed, he wants to do right by them.

4. Even so the comments about royalties that is that guys opinion. he doesn't know how bumble "feels" about the band. Just saying that though doesn't make all the other info bs. Just means the guy is jaded enough to think that that's bumble's thinking. Its an opinion nothing more. Even if it were fact. We'd all benefit from a member wanting to make more music under the GNR banner. We win.

5. At the end of the day whats it really matter. Has a fake or real insider been made any better off by releasing info? no. Are we any better off by blasting them or believing them ? No.

5a. The best reaction is to say I'm skeptical but i hope your right and leave it at that. I know many people here have been burned so many times in the past by bullshit posters but we are better than that. We are on this board cause we get something deeper from axl and GNR music than most do and that's special. some of you don't even know how much. It means a lot to us. No rumor, true or false can change that. If Axl never released another song I'd still have gotten more from GNR than any other band by a long shot. Its gotten me through dark times.

5b.Don't let the past of this band and the multitude of special interests that have tried to block its success make you bitter, the future is ours and we can make of it what we want. As long as there is demand for music there will be music and GNR.

Peace.

I remember when BB were putting the tracklist up, they chnaged it about 4 times. One list had Scraped track 3, one had Catcher finishing the album. The changed the spellings of Riad about 3 times. Also it was Catcher N the Rye for a while. Axl said a version of a song was switched out at the last minute.

1. There is way too much animosity on this board. we all love guns or we wouldn't be here. The constant cut downs, digs, insults, etc are unnecessary and against what this thing is all about. Lets try to be better. At least show each other some common decency. Think about how bumble has gone above and beyond at times, how DJ and Tommy have said before how important Axl takes this whole thing. The album, the fans, his overall approach. Wouldn't it be depressing if you were facing all that stuff (remember Marc Canter said Axl doesn't lie about the delays and problems) and came to the board and saw how your biggest fans were treating each other? I know if it was me a kind word and a friendly post would go a long way.

2. If someone comes on here with info lets face it its probably fake, but only by the laws of averages. Because there have been so many assholes trying to make life negative we've all fallen into that way of thinking.

2a. this guy may be legit, he may not, but thats no reason to attack him. Why? cause it won't stop him or other people from posting bs. In fact, it probably encourages them.

3. What if he isn't full of it. Other than the comment about Bumble he said nothing negative and in fact was being positive by saying the band was gonna release material. Isn't that what we all want? I know i do.

3a.. Besides that, If bumble does feel that way does that him a bad guy? does anyone on here think less of him for wanting to write new music? I don't. Who wouldn't want royalties the man has kids to feed, he wants to do right by them.

4. Even so the comments about royalties that is that guys opinion. he doesn't know how bumble "feels" about the band. Just saying that though doesn't make all the other info bs. Just means the guy is jaded enough to think that that's bumble's thinking. Its an opinion nothing more. Even if it were fact. We'd all benefit from a member wanting to make more music under the GNR banner. We win.

5. At the end of the day whats it really matter. Has a fake or real insider been made any better off by releasing info? no. Are we any better off by blasting them or believing them ? No.

5a. The best reaction is to say I'm skeptical but i hope your right and leave it at that. I know many people here have been burned so many times in the past by bullshit posters but we are better than that. We are on this board cause we get something deeper from axl and GNR music than most do and that's special. some of you don't even know how much. It means a lot to us. No rumor, true or false can change that. If Axl never released another song I'd still have gotten more from GNR than any other band by a long shot. Its gotten me through dark times.

5b.Don't let the past of this band and the multitude of special interests that have tried to block its success make you bitter, the future is ours and we can make of it what we want. As long as there is demand for music there will be music and GNR.

Peace.

excellent post + 1 :thumbsup:

Peace.

excellent post + 1 :thumbsup:

Thanks man. I was going to add that I only posted this because even though i've never met any of you i feel tied to you. Bound in some way. There may be some legitimately bad people on this board but i bet its not many. I think 99% of the negative or argumentative posts on here are because people care so much. Thats awesome! Lets channel it in a positive way.

Do people say things that piss me off? Yes. they've said idiot things and so have I ( i've said a lot actually). Nonetheless, I'd help any of them in a second though if they were in trouble and i was within distance to do something...... especially if they had some unreleased material ;)

If we remember that then nothing that delayed an album or caused a show being cancelled would not matter so much. No fanbase and no band has ever dealt with so much negative press, energy, comments. We are a different breed.

tange, great post. And I agree with the ties that bind. Most of the people here are half my age, and because of that I only post when I'm pissed off or when Dexter shows up, but I still feel a connection.

And good points about Catcher, wasted. I always got the feeling that Catcher was a "gift" to the hardcore fans - that it was not on the intended tracklisting - that it was a last second addition, and changed the order of the songs. Axl gave that one to the fanbase, because of demand. He knew it was wanted. All indications were for 13 songs, not 14. I'd bet somebody else's sack that he added that for you and me at the last minute.

Edited by evader

not sure about other boards but we used to speculate very wildly about that song. I think Axl said they switched a version. There may by different versions of the songs. I think they said something about getting a good mix of Catcher.

in regards to cd1

"

That's very believable. Let's hope we get the album announcement sooner rather than later in 2011!

I hope the lawyers are reading this bs!

we'd be a lot better off if the lawyers and all other corporate bs was not a part of the equation. Thats my only beef with axl. He had a chance to throw off all of that shit but he went the corporate route for whatever reason. maybe to carry the costs of the album, maybe some other reason. keeping the GNR name has hurt him more than anything else that has occurred with the band. I fully believe that had he gone independent or gone with another name for the band we'd have much more music than we do now. Hes alluded to as much in his chats.

So a nobody comes here saying that Bumblefoot is this, that Axl wants to do that and all of sudden he's right. Yeah, great fans! You take a nobody's word against a band member as the truth and you obviously aren't a real fan since you tend to believe every negativity against the band. The ones that believe this are the ones that say 'Bumblefoot's lying, he can't say shit because of his signed contract' and 'Ashba's lying, he's a fucking liar'. Not worth the time spent trying to show how those members are - again - full of shit.

I always got the feeling that Catcher was a "gift" to the hardcore fans - that it was not on the intended tracklisting - that it was a last second addition, and changed the order of the songs. Axl gave that one to the fanbase, because of demand.

What you perceive to be benevolence was a shrewd decision by the record company to minimize losses and maximize future return.

Few more from Robin F~

Hi there.

Please don't feel the staff team here are trying to push you out of the forum. There is a policy in place whereby any post in the news section without a verified link is considered not to be news and is moved to whatever...I'm sure you understand why we have this considering the number of rumours that flew around before Chinese Democracy was released!

Is there anyway you can prove who you are?

Thanks. I appreciate that. I don't feel like anyone is really trying to push me out. In fact, I think the vast majority have been really nice through their posting and private messaging. The only guy who seems to have an issue is that AxlCalifornia guy, and I'm pretty sure jealousy is the catalyst for that. He sends me all these private messages asking about unreleased material and wanting to trade this material, and publically he sees the need to trash me and call me a liar. Aside from him, you seem to have some really great members here.

I can understand you and your staff's desire to have information backed up with concrete sources and I can respect that. I'm sure the band does too! In all honesty, I really don't much information about this fansite's history or any other for that matter, so I didn't realize there have been so many "insider" claims over the years. I know there was a lot of secrecy (if that's want you want to call it) over what was happening behind the scenes during the making of Chinese Democracy. So it makes sense that there was probably some pretty wild speculation. I remember seeing the media headlines throughout those years thinking to myself where in the hell do these guys come up with this shit.

Anyway, I can't give up my real name so I hope you can understand. Also, I'm not willing to give up anything to personal about the band or any music that hasn't been officially released. If you can think of something else that may help to prove my credibility (within reason), I wouldn't mind accomodating.

I see there were some questions asked today, so I'll answer what I can. Let me know if you come up with something.

Peace.

Yo Robin, I was wondering, are GN'R touring Europe n' South America again in 2011 to promote the remix album? Will it have 10 bonus songs like Axl said in 2002? Any singles, music vids, b-sides to look forward to since the album is getting repressed? New artwork maybe? Dj Ashba on some songs?

You don't have to answer this shit cause they're tuff and unfair questions, but PLEASE tell me it wont be another retail exclusive lol

j/k man

Haha. Some very good questions, unfortunately I am not Axl Rose, and I can't speak for Axl.

The video questions: I know Axl would love to. No videos to promote Chinese wasn't what Axl wanted.

Regarding the Ashba question, I feel pretty confident that DJ will be featured on the next album. Axl has a pretty high opinion of the guy. That I can tell you!

can you clear up the general/checkmate/jackie chan title dispute for us?

That isn't "The General". That I can tell you!

Hey Robin! Do you know if any song has Tommy or anyone sharing vocals with Axl? Do you know the title?

Tommy co-wrote and provides backing vocals to several songs that have yet to be released.

I'm not aware of any where his vocals are prominently featured ... if that's what you're asking.

You may like "Yours Truly".

Let me answer a couple repetitive questions that I have been getting bombarded with through the private message system:

Next album release date: Guys and gals, I'm not Axl, nor am I tied to UMG, so I really have no idea. I do know Axl wants to put the next album out ASAP. I've been told that next year is the plan. It was important to Axl to tour behind this album this year! I don't think any fans will be disappointed by what's to come in 2011!

How many completed songs does Axl have? Best way I can answer this is by saying yours and my view of what is finished may be different than Axl's view. What I will say is by most people's standard, he has about 15-20 "ready". ( <-- This number may be somewhat conservative).

Edited by Daedalus

if that guy posted "you dont know who trust now or who to believe" in 2007 referring to a song, hes legit right?

But he hasnt verified if he wrote it, he just says he did. Anyone could do that.

ohhh i didnt realise that, i thought it was a legit quote.

Nah, the original person that quoted the Sorry lyrics deleted their account, so there is no way he can log back in and say "iam _______ ". If he did, i would believe what he has to say.

Robin F

As we'd heard the majority years prior I'm sure most were shocked to see such material on CD.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I wasn't shocked to see the material that we did on Chinese. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

Is what was featured on CD the best material put forth by any incarnation of the band? If not, why weren't the big guns used?

Well, I guess that's a subjective question. But personally, some of my favorite tracks are songs that didn't make Chinese. What in your mind = "a big gun"?

Any idea why Robin left the band?

His reason for moving on isn't as exciting or dramatic as some would like to have believed. He had an opportunity and he took it. I don't think Axl holds it against him at all, and I don't think it's impossible that we might see him again some day.

What was behind Axl's disappearance before and after the release of Chidem?

If you were to ask Axl this question, he'd probably ask you "what do you mean"? I don't think his lack of campaigning or promotion was considered a disappearance in his mind. You have to remember... He may not think like you or I, but the guy is a one of a kind genius.

Robin F~

Hey Robin F~. First off, I'd just like to say thanks for at least giving us some solid hope. Ignore the nay-sayers man. haha

Now for some questions...

1. Could we see some covers on the next album? Such as "Sailing"?

2. What's your personal top three favorite unreleased songs?

3. When is the band planning to confirm the U.S. tour dates?

4. Can you list all of the musicians that will play on the next album?

5. Any guitar solos played by Axl? haha

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I have a lot more. I didn't want to bombard you.

Again, thanks man.

1) I don't know of them recording any covers. I have watched them practice "Rainbow in the Dark".

2) Atlas Shrugged, Forgotten, and hmmm ... tough. Probably The General.

3) If it would have been their way they would have already been confirmed.

4) No I can't. I wouldn't be surprised if it contains tracks from guys who have played in the band from 2000-present.

5) You laugh, but Axl plays some guitar (pretty good too, btw. even if he would deny that). I don't know of any stand alone solos, so to speak.

Received this posting through the private message system but I figured I'd answer here for all to see (hope this person doesn't mind - not answering private messages)

I seen you said you would answer small questions regarding GNR stuff i have a couple for you if you can give me some info I have always like epic type songs which is what kind of got me into GNR and i have always thought Axl has alot of epic songs in hiding from this chinese era. My first question is of material you have heard or heard of are there any epic type unreleased songs that have orchestration and or piano in them? My second question is about the songs Atlas Shrugged and The General, I read that one thing from years ago about Atlas sounding glam rockish which you mentioned but also that guy once mentioned that it had a november rainish feel to it is that true? And does The General have any orchestration in it? Thanks for info

1) Plenty of epic songs with orchestration and piano. Don't worry! nod

2) Atlas - Yes, glam rock. Not sure how anyone could say otherwise. I don't know about the NR-ish feel. I never made that association. Maybe they meant NR-ish feel in regards to the (NR) outro. In that sense, it's equally as heavy.

3) General - Yes to the orchestration. I've also heard a version with none. Both rock, but the orchestration is sweeet.

Could it be a lengthy process? Your saying we will probably get the album in 2011 but negotiations could take a year.

I suppose it could be lengthy, but I don't have any reason to believe it will be, especially a year.

Any idea why the Better video never came to fruition?

I've heard 2 different answers. Both could be correct or one moreso than the other. I could probably get a definite answer and I don't mind asking the appropriate source. I can say that Axl wanted to release it.

Ok, I'll play.

The final version of CD. Were those featured the definitive list of songs that would feature on CD or were there other songs in the running?

The final tracklist wasn't determined until mid-2008. In other words, there were other songs in the running. We almost got Atlas instead of Catcher.