GUNS N' ROSES' Late Concert Finish Leaves Townsville Residents Fuming - Dec. 2, 2010

justmike66

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new. This happens at every Guns show. I'm not saying it's right. My opinion is that this kind of shit doesn't fly in today's market. No other major act does this on a consistent basis. And why couldn't GNR have gone on twenty minutes after Korn. I've been to plenty of shows where the headliner goes onstage within half an hour of the opener.

Metallica was on in less than 25 minutes after their opening acts. I guess thats why they have a cult like following and still sell out entire stadium no matter where they go.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Nothing new. This happens at every Guns show. I'm not saying it's right. My opinion is that this kind of shit doesn't fly in today's market. No other major act does this on a consistent basis. And why couldn't GNR have gone on twenty minutes after Korn. I've been to plenty of shows where the headliner goes onstage within half an hour of the opener.

Metallica was on in less than 25 minutes after their opening acts. I guess thats why they have a cult like following and still sell out entire stadium no matter where they go.

and you'd think that someone who's posting here almost daily wold recognize his own "cult following" by now!

dude, GNR are more of a cult than ever could Metallica be! because, without any album since 1993, GNR has a fan base and a fan made site in all major countries over the world!

why are you so obtuse and reluctant to see it as it is!?

it's unbelievable how that expression works around here : "not to see the forest from the trees" or "see the other's straw on his face but can't see it's own bean in front of one's eyes" or something like that because i'm translated it, so i don't really know the right from in English, but com'on already!

I understand from all your posts which I happen to read, that you're mind is stuck in the past at former GNR band members,

but get real.

GNR are fulling arenas and stadium around the globe, just because they seem not to do it in the usa means shit, or it means a lot about the so called americans, it means that the majority are just slobs market consumers, who need TV and RADIO to tell them what to see and hear.

piss out, peace in

and you'd think that someone who's posting here almost daily wold recognize his own "cult following" by now!

dude, GNR are more of a cult than ever could Metallica be! because, without any album since 1993, GNR has a fan base and a fan made site in all major countries over the world!

it's unbelievable how that expression works around here : "not to see the forest from the trees" or "see the other's straw on his face but can't see it's own bean in front of one's eyes" or something like that because i'm translated it, so i don't really know the right from in English, but com'on already!

I understand from all your posts which I happen to read, that you're mind is stuck in the past at former GNR band members,

but get real.

GNR are fulling arenas and stadium around the globe, just because they seem not to do it in the usa means shit, or it means a lot about the so called americans, it means that the majority are just slobs market consumers, who need TV and RADIO to tell them what to see and hear.

piss out, peace in

Well fucking said im tired of all these people complaining cause they should up late so what when i go to a rock show i expect to be out all night he actually plays a full set list and sounds good ether then that singer with slash Ive seen both and im sorry guns owns anything slash has came out with you go listen to better then go listen to saint is a sinner too and well see witch sounds better

but get real.

piss out, peace in

That was an extremely immature little rant. Way to stereo-type millions of people with one small brush. I could give a shit what the media says is popular. Aren't u the edgy bad-girl. I bet you listen to whatever music you want - not like the rest of us, who only do what MTV tells us to do. I bet you ignore your parents curfew, date the bad-boy who iis a year or two out of school, sneak cigarettes and beer during lunch break.......

ok so what some are saying is Guns should have come on 10 minutes after Korn? According to the times right? A couple old timers outside the venue hardly dictate what was going on in the show. Guns starting at 9 something is too late now according to some, what time should they play dinner time?

they started before 10 some of you are missing that, I agree some times it is very late start times but this is not one of them. I guess next time the band should just play 1 hour and leave? Not my idea of a good night in that respect.

Also I didn't just post a pic, I posted a link that is already being discussed on another thread

G N' R started 35 minutes after the openingact here in Belgium. Why can't they do this at every show?

I'd just say fuck Australia with all the bitching that took place. Buncha deadbeat third world fans that don't know how to party. That's the real problem here. Hurry up and plan the US tour so you can actually be appreciated by real fans.

Ha ha - are you really this insane ? If I'm not mistaken your country is still bent over and bleeding from the arse after being screwed by the world financial crisis ( Which was the fault of greedy americans) , while Australia is one of the worlds leading economies throughout it all. And you call us third world? Dude , its hillbillys like yourself that give your country a bad name. Now be a good boy and go jack off to your Sarah Palin poster while your mum licks your balls ! I'm guessing your from West Virginia right?

ok so what some are saying is Guns should have come on 10 minutes after Korn? According to the times right? A couple old timers outside the venue hardly dictate what was going on in the show. Guns starting at 9 something is too late now according to some, what time should they play dinner time?

they started before 10 some of you are missing that, I agree some times it is very late start times but this is not one of them. I guess next time the band should just play 1 hour and leave? Not my idea of a good night in that respect.

Also I didn't just post a pic, I posted a link that is already being discussed on another thread

G N' R started 35 minutes after the openingact here in Belgium. Why can't they do this at every show?

Because Axl won't whore himself out to his fans by sucumming to their every whim! Axl performs when he is ready, and if you don't like it, don't go. Simple as that. But if you live close to the venue then you might as well go because it's gonna be loud and it's gonna be late . . . Because that's "Rock N' Roll."

gunsguy, really? How can you even argue that there should be no expectation that everything's setup and they hit the stage within a specified time frame? It's not like they're playing some free gig in the park, these are paying customers. I agree with you that this incident wasn't really that bad, but they most definitely could have gone on earlier. Any rational person knows by now that the only reason this is happening so often is that Axl is being an egotistical douch about it. In this case, you got to hear from not only the fans who felt like they got screwed, but also the people that live close to the venue, that didn't pay to go to the concert and were kept up later than they should've been by the noise. I think we all get that you don't think this was a big deal, and really this incident wasn't too awful as far as the time is concerned (let alone "mimegate"). But this is just plain stupid shit - none of it has to happen. They could follow just a couple simple rules and everything would be fine. But the key point is that the only reason any of this happens is Axl's ego.

but get real.

piss out, peace in

Well fucking said im tired of all these people complaining cause they should up late so what when i go to a rock show i expect to be out all night he actually plays a full set list and sounds good ether then that singer with slash Ive seen both and im sorry guns owns anything slash has came out with you go listen to better then go listen to saint is a sinner too and well see witch sounds better

I am guessing you don't have a family and job you give a shit about...not all NyGnR fans are teenagers anymore with no responsibilities who can stay out all night and blow off work at will...times have changed and Axl's fan base has gotten older only he is stuck in the past......

like i said before if i know im going to a rock concert its going to be an all night deal i book the next day off lol that's what a smart person does though there doesn't seem to be a lot of those

I think the major problem with all these late starts and them making news, is that in future it might dissuaded promoters from booking the band.

but get real.

piss out, peace in

I am guessing you don't have a family and job you give a shit about...not all NyGnR fans are teenagers anymore with no responsibilities who can stay out all night and blow off work at will...times have changed and Axl's fan base has gotten older only he is stuck in the past......

like i said before if i know im going to a rock concert its going to be an all night deal i book the next day off lol that's what a smart person does though there doesn't seem to be a lot of those

What if you live in the city of the show? What if you live a "bigger city" that gets concerts and events?

The concert venue is only a 10 or 15 minute dive...maybe an hour; So taking the next day off of work shouldn't be necessary, if the hours on the ticket are correct.

but get real.

piss out, peace in

like i said before if i know im going to a rock concert its going to be an all night deal i book the next day off lol that's what a smart person does though there doesn't seem to be a lot of those and i do have a job and a family so one day isn't going to make or break you

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

The entire show was late from the get go so yes I will defend it...

I challenge you, or anybody for that matter, to find a post where you even remotely disagree or take offense to anything Guns N' Roses or Axl Rose... that is... anything pertaining to the current lineup.

Ever since your little meet-and-greet with the band, which I'm sure took a considerable amount of dick-sucking and ditching a good portion of your integrity, the slobbering continues. No doubt in the hopes of scoring another meet-and-greet or whatever you did.

Just admit it already! I've been around this forum from the get-go, and I remember the days where you had no problem having a problem with the band or Axl. You're not fooling anyone. Not even Axl.

I would think Axl would respect someone with a little dignity and integrity than an ass kisser. Wait... nevermind.

Jealous much?

Nope... just pointing out the obvious:)

No, it's because the core members of the band are still in tact. I love GNR in any form as long as Axl is the head-honcho, but if you put the top-hat on stage with him GNR could go on anytime they want and easily fill stadiums. No doubt about it.

My ma' ran a race track. They had a curfew. 11pm. Locals were always chill and never even peeped, they knew what they were in for, however when races were going into 1am -- they started getting a little upset. So just because they lived near the race track, we didn't have to respect them at all?

+1 Exactly. Guns showed up over an hour late. If they showed up ON TIME(which isn't in Axl's vocabulary) there wouldn't be a problem. Naturally though gunsnguy is going to defend this.

The entire show was late from the get go so yes I will defend it...

As will I, if anyone hasn't learned by now that GNR plays by GNR rules,and go onstage when prepared to put on the best show possible,regardless of arbitrary rules and silly attempted time restraints,then just maybe you may wanna go see a group that is Anal-retentive about all important "Time" over quality of performance, some people will bitch about any and everything,if it weren't the time,it would be the setlist,or some other percieved wrong,I know by now what to expect,it is what it is,They put on a killer show

and are totally worth waiting on,even if the Gig doesn't start until 2am, I haven't had a fucking curfew in many moons, I don't get the whining over time, a bit ridiculous after all these years, it's to be expected,if it's past your bedtime, don't go,I'd rather see GNR put on a smoking set at 2am,than see some other band adhere vehemently to a imposed time schedule,but I'm a GNR fan, and fully realize that moaning on a online forum is 1.) Not gonna change anything in GNR land,and 2.) It's not like it's a newly established practice,Get over it or get used to it,nobody is holding a gun to your head,forcing you to follow GNR, go "rock out" with Bieber, I'm sticking by Guns N' Roses!

let the hating,baiting and berating ensue,won't change my stance or my opinion,so give it your best shot :lol:

Ha! what else is new?

Axl and his circus show up late again and the only people with the patience left to justify and defend their actions are gunsguy, rou gri, and RockNRoller. classic

i swear to god this forum gets more and more predictable every day

Edited by sweetness

So everyone agrees that Guns should have hit the stage ON TIME 10 minutes after Korn? ok then

Don't you get that the support band has orders to start late, because Axl is still on the plane or just in the limo from the airport?

It's no coincidence when the support band starts late, it's just politics.

Ha! what else is new?

Axl and his circus show up late again and the only people with the patience left to justify and defend their actions are gunsguy, rou gri, and RockNRoller. classic

i swear to god this forum gets more and more predictable every day

You are so predictable too...

I meant more the people that CHOOSE to live near an outdoor venue then complain about it.

i agree gunguy those people know that liveing near an outdoor venue it going be loud and it sad they still bitch about the loud nosie