Guns N Roses Sydney Dec 4- Anz STADIUM

Guest Gunns

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna say , I had the BEST fucking time last night, I met quiet a few forum members, H.V good to seeya :P, madagascar and better were sooooo fuckin good, s.o.d was fuknphenominal , I caught djs water and I scored the setlist

Btw great to see don't cry with the whole band, bumblefoot your a fucking legend loved your solo, thankyou guys for a great night fucking perfect, definately the best the band has sounded the last 2 years, no the last 10 fuckin great haha!!!

Oh fuck. Watching them now, they're perfect! Can't upload till tomorrow, but I'll put them up. Audio is fucking a+ and they're HD videos shot from front row center... You'll see why this show was so fucking good!

You, sir, are a saint.

I'm pumped for Abu Dhabi now. Might get one of my parents to film it while I enjoy the show :P

Hey, Amir! I'm going to Abu Dhabi's concert as well. Do you know how the venue is, regarding the capacity? And do you know how the ticket sales are going?

:: vincent ::

It was just fantastic.

I was on the second row. Saw Del and DJ right in front of me and waved hello to Beta.

The whole band is really into every song and seemed to be really enjoying themselves yesterday. Axl was on a really good mood, laughing, smiling and givind that naughty boy look he does now and them.

Better and This I Love are fantastic live.

But the song Axl seemed to b enjoy the most, at least for me, was Whole Lotta Rosie. Man, I've been to ACDC's concert this year at the same stadium and I can tell you: they don't play that song with the same energy Axl sings it. He just rocks the shit out of it.

The confetti rain lasted for five minutes, I think.

Regarding the time, this was also amazing. Delta Rigs started theur set around 6pm and finished around 6:40pm. The roadies chanaged the stage to Spiderbait's set, which started around 7:15pm. They were asked to play a little longer and finished at 8pm. It took at least 25 minutes for the crew to prepare the stage for Guns, so around 8:25 - 8:30pm the stage was ready. Then the lights went out at 8:35pm. Way much better than anyone's best hopes.

Also it was really hard keeping track of everything that was going on on the stage, trying to follow Axl, all the guitar players, watching the screens and checking out the blond photographer.

Now it's 11 days til Abu Dhabi. Maybe some Rhiad there?

Too bad I couldn't catch up with some other forum members. Got to see kitten girl, though, and she's really cool.

Oh fuck. Watching them now, they're perfect! Can't upload till tomorrow, but I'll put them up. Audio is fucking a+ and they're HD videos shot from front row center... You'll see why this show was so fucking good!

You, sir, are a saint.

I'm pumped for Abu Dhabi now. Might get one of my parents to film it while I enjoy the show :P

Hey, Amir! I'm going to Abu Dhabi's concert as well. Do you know how the venue is, regarding the capacity? And do you know how the ticket sales are going?

Never been to the venue myself, but seeing as it's Abu Dhabi, whatever it is it's gonna be big and expensive-looking :P

Dunno about ticket sales, ticket sales are generally very slow in UAE, I remember Iron Maiden DID NOT SELL OUT in Abu Dhabi. I mean that was a shock to everybody because metal is HUGE in the UAE, most of the local bands there are metal, not indie. The big events in Abu Dhabi are gigs at the Emirates Palace, like New Year's Eve gigs with Rihanna and Shakira (have unfortunately been to both). Also Coldplay did a gig at the Emirates Palace and everybody I know, regardless of their feelings towards the band and their music, said that was the best gig they'd ever been to; it started raining, which is almost unheard of in Abu Dhabi, and they did an impromptu medley of rain-themed songs, e.g. Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head :)

Yas Island is pretty surreal, Yas Hotel is like something out of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Weather's gonna be pretty mild/warm, obviously not as hot as Australia is now but considerably warmer than Scotland :xmasschef:

I'm kinda worried that most people are just gonna turn up to see Slash and be shocked and disappointed when they don't see him there. I remember the first time I heard of NewGNR in my childhood in Abu Dhabi was this newspaper article writing about the infamous VMA 2002 performance. I completely forgot about them afterwards and didn't read anything about them again until about early 2007 when I was Wikipediaing Buckethead after enjoying Jordan in Guitar Hero II, and hearing that he was in Guns N' Roses, and read about the whole Chinese Democracy saga.

Regardless, I plan on taking a huge sheet with "There Was A Time" (got Golden Circle tickets, which means I'll be at the front) written on it. I think I'll avoid bacardimayne's suggestion of putting a huge fanny on there since I'd get thrown into an Abu Dhabi prison and ass-raped for breaking obscenity laws :blink:

Yo high can you upload some pics to tinypic cause imageshak is banned on this public computer haha!

Cant wait to see the videos that will come out of this, hopefully lots of different camera angles and recorders were out there in the 50 odd thousand people.

I dont know how there going to top last night, but im sure in Adelaide it will be fucking great as well.

Im heading down to adelaide tommorow night, so any of you guys on here wanna come down for a few beers, lets do it.

yeaaaaah

Yo high can you upload some pics to tinypic cause imageshak is banned on this public computer haha!

Cant wait to see the videos that will come out of this, hopefully lots of different camera angles and recorders were out there in the 50 odd thousand people.

I dont know how there going to top last night, but im sure in Adelaide it will be fucking great as well.

Im heading down to adelaide tommorow night, so any of you guys on here wanna come down for a few beers, lets do it.

yeaaaaah

Lol, probably on the same flight as me.

haha Ron mentioned me on twitter (im pisstaker btw)

Just a huge thanks again to Ron and everyone else, you guys are the fucking best!

Seeya guys in Adelaide, Best fucking band in the world easily!

was there in front row, on the rail, to the left of the middle ego ramp with my gf, was absolutely amazing. caught dj's towel but let the fat feral bitch next to me have it. highvoltage, did you meet axl last night with your mad backstage passes?? could've got us some since we looked after your mate's bags and all =P

Edited by Atlas Shrugged

I was 1 of the only 2 people in that whole stadium last night that got the setlist :P

a special thanks goes out to that tank of a security guard as well, cheers maaaan