ACDC sucks

Jakey Styley

What kind of music do people who use the term "dad rock" listen to? What's better than the Stones, Doors and Zeppelin?

Everything is better than the Stones. The Stones are the utter definition of dad rock. Haven't listened to enough of the Doors.

Zeppelin are a great band.

See this. I don't fucking get this about Guns fans - so many rip on main influences of the band, but love GN'R. I personally don't get how a Guns fan can listen to them and not like the Stones or pre-1980 AC/DC.

I don't mean to be a used vagina about it, but do you kinda get what I mean?

I don't give a shit about influences, TBQH. I mean, yeah, I respect the band for what they created, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy their music.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of music do people who use the term "dad rock" listen to? What's better than the Stones, Doors and Zeppelin?

Everything is better than the Stones. The Stones are the utter definition of dad rock. Haven't listened to enough of the Doors.

What do you listen to outside of GNR? I'm a little shocked that somebody who likes GNR could actually hate the Stones. Have you ever listened to Sticky Fingers?

1. Bon Scott kills Brian Johnson anyday of the week - hence why I didn't bother going to see AC/DC when they came to Melbourne - not a fan of his voice.

2. Bon brought the sleaze, grit and blues to AC/DC - has it been there after he died - don't think so.

3. It's not DEH NEH NEH, it's more like DEH DEH DEH NEH DEH NEH DEH DEH NEH. Get it fucking right.

4. Being an AC/DC fan in Australia, IMO is kinda embarrasing even though I like them because their stereotypical fans are massive fucking VB swilling, Winnie Blue smoking bogans.

VBs and winnie blues were cool 20years ago!

What do you listen to outside of GNR? I'm a little shocked that somebody who likes GNR could actually hate the Stones. Have you ever listened to Sticky Fingers?

I exaggerated when I said "everything is better than the Stones". I like a few of their songs, but I find them so overrated it's ridiculous.

Outside of GNR I don't listen to very much "rock n' roll" so that's probably why.

AC/DC are super.

it feels so pointless to even have to say it, right?

I don't think I've ever actually had to say something positive about them before. Its just one of those things.

And if a grown man in a tiny school uniform doesn't get you excited I have to question what kind of man you are.

AC/DC are super.

it feels so pointless to even have to say it, right?

I don't think I've ever actually had to say something positive about them before. Its just one of those things.

And if a grown man in a tiny school uniform doesn't get you excited I have to question what kind of man you are.

Especially when that grown man takes off his trousers and has boxers on with the Canadian Flag. Love that little guy.

I exaggerated when I said "everything is better than the Stones". I like a few of their songs, but I find them so overrated it's ridiculous.

But you said Zeppelin was a great band... :question: :question:

I wonder if anybody in this thread who thinks AC/DC sucks still like when GNR does Whole Lotta Rosie.

I love AC/DC. They were the first band I really got into and Angus Young made me want to play guitar. Now, I don't listen to them quite as much as I used to but they're still great fun. I can respect the original poster's opinion, however, because I understand that viewpoint. Johnson's voice definitely isn't for everybody. You either like it or you don't. Bon had a more accessible voice but it was still pretty wild at times. I'd argue that they are one of the most "fun" bands to listen to. You can go to see them live, turn off your brain, have a few beers, and just enjoy the simplicity of both the show and tunes.

I tend to go through phases with AC/DC. I'll listen to them heavily for a while before getting bored and moving on to something else. They aren't a band I listen to regularly any longer. Actually, up until the Black Ice tour I had barely been listening to them at all. It made the concerts I saw on that tour that much better for not listening regularly for a while. That's the best approach to not get bored of their music I think, listen here and there.

My favorite album would be Highway To Hell - killer from start to finish with a few good gems like Touch Too Much, Night Prowler and Walk All Over You.

They may just do the same album over and over, but nobody does it better than they do.

So if you consider AFD to be a great album, it means you must hate AC/DC? Where's the logic in that?

No. People who consider AFD the greatest album ever and hate on CD for not being RNR enough are the same people who own every AC/DC album and think "TNT" is a good song.

I wouldn't say that. The only AFD song that comes close to anything AC/DC is Out Ta Get Me... the most boring ass song on the album

So if you consider AFD to be a great album, it means you must hate AC/DC? Where's the logic in that?

No. People who consider AFD the greatest album ever and hate on CD for not being RNR enough are the same people who own every AC/DC album and think "TNT" is a good song.

I wouldn't say that. The only AFD song that comes close to anything AC/DC is Out Ta Get Me... the most boring ass song on the album

They still attract the same kind of people.

PS. I agree 100% on OTGM being boring as shit.

perhaps, but you honestly think there aren't fans of Chinese Democracy that also like AC/DC? what point are you trying to make here?

perhaps, but you honestly think there aren't fans of Chinese Democracy that also like AC/DC? what point are you trying to make here?

That the majority of people who hate CD simply for not being rock n roll enough are AC/DC fans.

I'm done with this thread.