Has Axl ever publicly spoken about NIN/Reznor?

Twinaleblood

Trent is the only man alive that could make Estranged an even better song.

I seriously doubt that! Unless he gets Axl on vocals and Slash on guitar, which would make it just another version of GNR.

Slash owns that song, probably the best written and played leadguitar of all time.

That's why Axl nods a personal thanks to Slash for making this song what it is.

You clearly have no idea of who Trent Reznor is and what he is capable of.

Oh, come down from your high horse. I've listened a lot to NIN and other Reznor-projects, and also seen them live a few times, so I know what he is capable of. To bad he hasn't done anything worth a dime since The Fragile.

Year Zero? With Teeth had it's moments too. Not many musicians can do what Trent did.

Edited by Rovim

"The Fragile" is a piece of shit ?

Wow...

How ?

its overindulgent, and the rock songs on it are sub par.

if you listen to Broken or Downward Spiral, you are listening to something extraordinary happening. Fragile is nothing that special in the broader sense and might work for you if you are a NIN fan... other than that, meh.

Trent has pretty much spent the entire decade trashing Axl every chance he can get. The things he's said make Slash seem like Mr. Rodgers by comparison. I doubt Axl thinks highly of him anymore.

Trent Reznor hasn't really "bashed" Axl. He goofed on him a little bit, putting Axl's image in some pictures on nin.com, but Reznor really hasn't said anything that bad. He never commented on Chinese Democracy or the new band, etc. People are creating a feud where there isn't one and blowing any comments TR said way out of proportion.

Trent Reznor goofs on a lot of people, btw--Weezer, Prince, and Chris Cornell got it pretty bad a few years back.

its overindulgent, and the rock songs on it are sub par.

that is not the same thing as a piece of shit

For me, it is.

I make no difference between "just okay" albums and completely terrible ones, I only have time for the completely magical stuff. and that trent reznor has not been able to produce in the 2000's. though there was one catchy tune on that one album, beginning of the end, I think it was called? I liked that thing but its not that special either.

"Hit Parader: You mention the idea of working with other musicians. If you had your choice, who would you really like to work with on a project?

Axl: Trent Reznor from NIN is one, and Dave Navarro from Jane's Addiction is another guy I want to work with. I've talked to Trent about working with me on an industrial synth project, at least on one song, and I definitely want to work with Dave on something. I've always been curious what he would sound like working with Slash on something." (Axl, Hit Parader, July 1993)

Edited by Indigo Child

Trent has pretty much spent the entire decade trashing Axl every chance he can get. The things he's said make Slash seem like Mr. Rodgers by comparison. I doubt Axl thinks highly of him anymore.

Trent Reznor hasn't really "bashed" Axl. He goofed on him a little bit, putting Axl's image in some pictures on nin.com, but Reznor really hasn't said anything that bad. He never commented on Chinese Democracy or the new band, etc. People are creating a feud where there isn't one and blowing any comments TR said way out of proportion.

Trent Reznor goofs on a lot of people, btw--Weezer, Prince, and Chris Cornell got it pretty bad a few years back.

Chris Cornell fucking deserved it, I had respect for that man, I still enjoy his earlier work, but that terrible thing that he released with timbaland (who I think is one of the most unoriginal producers out there) was just too much for me, what a waste of talent

I think the rumored remix album makes total sense seeing as how Axl was such a big fan of NiN and Trent. I love that Trent makes so many versions of his songs and actually releases them. Not just demos, but completely different versions. I wish Axl would release demos and remixes like that. I mean, there are like 10 versions of all the songs that actually made it to the album anyway.

Trent is the only man alive that could make Estranged an even better song.

I seriously doubt that! Unless he gets Axl on vocals and Slash on guitar, which would make it just another version of GNR.

Slash owns that song, probably the best written and played leadguitar of all time.

That's why Axl nods a personal thanks to Slash for making this song what it is.

On his book, Slash crearly complains that he got no credits or rights for Estranged. I think all he had got was only a thank you in Illusions booklet despite his awesome work...