"It will be a cold day in hell before a reunion"

ManetsBR

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofcourse Axl will show up. It is his band and anything and everything that happens to Guns N' Roses has to do with Axl.

Everyone else can stay home as far as I am concerned.

Then throw away your copies of AFD, Lies, and UYI. If you don't respect the talent of the people that made those albums than don't listen to them and stick with CD.

The RNR Hall of Fame won't invite "NuGNR." They'll invite the AFD lineup. Maybe Matt and Dizzy since they were a big part of the band at their peak. My guess is Axl won't show, Izzy won't care, and Slash, Duff, and Steven will jam with a guest singer. Probably Myles.

Or Fergie :)

Good thing I already transferred / synced them with my zune.....thats right my zune..

They can come if they want, I just dont care.

Edited by JesseGoudge

Why are the slash lovers still so angry? Slash has moved on. He is still putting out tons of music. Nothing you say, no matter how many times you insult axl or fans of the new band, is going to change anything.

Slash quit GnR. He has his own band now (tho no singer. Odd how he can't keep a singer), and is putting out solo albums as well. Slash has moved on with his life.....maybe you should as well.

For the record the only GNR album I can listen to is CD. The old material is good but much better live...PLUS I hate fadeouts!

say no more :krider:

Are you ready to tell me that Nightrain (with a slow tempo and fadeout) on AFD is better than the version that was played in Townsville a couple of nights ago? :rolleyes:

it's all opinion, your words vs. someone else's (but yeah the album version can't be beat). I was more struck by the bit about not listening to the real GNR.

Edited by moreblack

For the record the only GNR album I can listen to is CD. The old material is good but much better live...PLUS I hate fadeouts!

Are you ready to tell me that Nightrain (with a slow tempo and fadeout) on AFD is better than the version that was played in Townsville a couple of nights ago? :rolleyes:

Well since you asked the answer is I will take the original AFD over Axl and a tribute band playing it any day........... B)

original band?

$la$h = washed up...gets worse and more pathetic as the years go by

duff = forgot some notes when he played ycbm..has moved on with his life.

izzy = will never come back get over it..never liked touring

$teven = :rofl-lol:

Axl = never left the band.

Seems like 1/5 originals is stable.....wow what a great band you are wishing for!

Dude, calm down. You don't like when people bash Axl? You do the exact same thing.

Bashing the old band to win an argument is a total failure.

Bashing the new band to win an argument is a total failure too.

Every member of GN'R, past or current, has something to do with the success of the band. Like it or not.

also, when you say for the record, does that mean this is forever usable in any future threads?

I'm not sure i'm understanding what you mean? All I know is that you can etch my words in stone.

Sorry to hear that you prefer inferior music and talent.

opinion

I know alot of shit that is said on the forums is opinions however it is a fact that the current line-up is musically and technically MUCH better by miles. Any monkey can hear that.

Technically better, maybe so. But the original lineup played it a certain way, as does the current lineup. It is personal preferance as to which version you like better, there is no right or wrong answer.

The "beard guy" is Bumblefoot. An accomplished, world class and very technical guitar player...something your precious $la$h is not.

And that has WHAT to do with the RNR HOF?

Not a damn thing..just a disrespectful and hateful prick going off at the mouth again who listens to Bumblefoot and Fortus and DJ play Slashes music night after night and then gets confused as to what and who Slash represents to the GNR legacy. People that state that like to so reduce Slash and all the "legacy" line up to the two bit hired players..or "hired Guns" status that currently infects history. Try as they may try as they might..they cannot erase that history that was made on that guys fretboard...and try as they may and try as they might...So far history is not repeating itself. Not when the GNR music playing on 95% of the iIpods is from the 80's and the 90's.

but then thats my opinion. Would love to see what these current "flavor of the month" guys are made of as a band..see if they can top anything that made GNR and what Slash and Duff and Izzy and Steven and Axl accomplished and achieved.

What will be remarkable is to see how many of the new era band are capable and willing to go for years and years in between releases and studio time. Fink spent ten years in the fold and played a relatively small amount of shows as fretmiester in GNR with one album so far and very very little acknowledgement, fame and glory as a "member of GNR"..Buckethead came and went..back to his chickencoop...was Tobias ever really for real on Rythme or was that a sentimental movie Axl played for us?

Well since you asked the answer is I will take the original AFD over Axl and a tribute band playing it any day........... B)

original band?

$la$h = washed up...gets worse and more pathetic as the years go by

duff = forgot some notes when he played ycbm..has moved on with his life.

izzy = will never come back get over it..never liked touring

$teven = :rofl-lol:

Axl = never left the band.

Seems like 1/5 originals is stable.....wow what a great band you are wishing for!

You call this a 'band'?? hahahah the name 'the Axl show' will fit this band better. It is just Axl with a bunch of musicians (which you have never heard of, untill they begun in GN'R: and you won't be talking about them anymore when they quit GN'R), who are on a payroll....

You know why people talk so much about the old members / why the old members are asked to do interviews etc.?? Because people are more interested in them then in the current 'bandmembers'.

You call this a 'band'?? hahahah the name 'the Axl show' will fit this band better. It is just Axl with a bunch of musicians (which you have never heard of, untill they begun in GN'R: and you won't be talking about them anymore when they quit GN'R), who are on a payroll....

You know why people talk so much about the old members / why the old members are asked to do interviews etc.?? Because people are more interested in them then in the current 'bandmembers'.

Izzy Stradlin on NuGnR : "They are more together than we were"

Just sayin'...

Just sayin'...

he's said other things about NuGNR as well

"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses. I think all the fans [know that]."

Of course it's not Guns n' Roses...

But it's still somewhat of a band...

Buckethead is friends with Brain ( and knows Bumblefoot but that's irrelevant )

Richard had worked with Brain, Tommy and Dizzy before, he was with Frank in several bands before.

DJ was a friend of Axl since at least 2002.

Sure, they are all in Guns because Axl wanted them to be part of his band, but I don't think they hate each other.

I suppose some of them are more friends with each other than they are with Axl so...

Just sayin'...

he's said other things about NuGNR as well

"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses. I think all the fans [know that]."

+

"...It's not even right that he uses the name, because he's the only guy

. I think ultimately it's gonna work against him because people are gonna say fuck you, wanker - that's what they'll call him here, right? 'You fucking wanker, that's not Guns N' Roses!'"

Izzy saw it coming...he he

Blah Blah Blah where have you been? It's been 10 years man, I think people need to quit using this isn't a band bullshit.

Think of something constructive to say or fuck off.

I love the old band and I love this band, both play the songs amazingly.

Blah Blah Blah where have you been? It's been 10 years man, I think people need to quit using this isn't a band bullshit.

Think of something constructive to say or fuck off.

would be nice on both ends, but it can never be that way.

The never ending debate... I will lean on the side that whatver Axl is doing isn't Guns N' Roses.. It may carry the name but the music is awful. Not only is it awful compared to The classic Guns but it is awful compared to 99% of the music out there.. Axl's "visionlol"

The never ending debate... I will lean on the side that whatver Axl is doing isn't Guns N' Roses.. It may carry the name but the music is awful. Not only is it awful compared to The classic Guns but it is awful compared to 99% of the music out there.. Axl's "visionlol"

This!