Forum update to 3.1.4

eRomano

Postcounts are weird too. According to the members overview I have 16,929 posts, but according to my url=http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showuser=3418]profile I have 12,941 posts.

Which made me wonder - how big a loser am I?

I believe that had something to do with the hackers years ago. We lost posts during that time and while your profile shows less the count when you post is correct. Those clown brothers or whatever fucked that up.

The old version used to count your own too

Riiiight? I knew it.

I don't care what HV says, I think this one counts mine too. :book:

I was always under the impression that it didn't, but I could be wrong.

Don't think it particularly matters either way...

Postcounts are weird too. According to the members overview I have 16,929 posts, but according to my url=http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showuser=3418]profile I have 12,941 posts.

I believe that had something to do with the hackers years ago. We lost posts during that time and while your profile shows less the count when you post is correct. Those clown brothers or whatever fucked that up.

We only lost 2 weeks worth of posts - it wasn't that.

I'm only guessing here Ron, but I'd say it has to do with old posts that get pruned periodically. The larger number is probably your real number.

Yeah weird, I'm missing like 200 or so on mine. If gunsguys' theory is correct, that means you made like 4k posts in that last backup? lol. I don't think you are that big of a loser.

Yeah but then what is the algorithm displaying the higher post count? Where does it get that number? It is increasing, so that correct number has to be somewhere. The pointer to the data could be moved to the correct spot now? or the table data from the correct cells, copied over the wrong?

I'm only guessing here Ron, but I'd say it has to do with old posts that get pruned periodically. The larger number is probably your real number.

Well why aren't we pointing to the real number in all the views?

How are both incrementing?

Yeah weird, I'm missing like 200 or so on mine. If gunsguys' theory is correct, that means you made like 4k posts in that last backup? lol. I don't think you are that big of a loser.

Yeah but then what is the algorithm displaying the higher post count? Where does it get that number? It is increasing, so that correct number has to be somewhere. The pointer to the data could be moved to the correct spot now? or the table data from the correct cells, copied over the wrong?

Well why aren't we pointing to the real number in all the views?

How are both incrementing?

lol nerd