The General played several times as the concert intro

ManetsBR

That teasing sucks.

They should just play the song and get us pumped for a studio version.

Worked in 2001....for seven years...lol.

Seriously, the teasing is getting old. Play the song already, nothing to lose only to gain.

If The General is really what they used as an into that sounds pretty cool and dark, I like it.

Bring it on!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this proves anything, it's that the so-called hoarders are full of shit.

Not a single one of them who claims to have "The General" has ever come out and said "the show intro is from this song".

Right, this. If this is not sarcasm then this means that the "hoarders" don't have anything, which is what I thought for a long time.

Not necessarily. What if the hoarders have an earlier version of the song without the intro? Kinda like how Riad had the added intro in the final version.

no one said that the intro to cd was the intro to the general, it could belong to any part of the song, like prostitute bits used in 2002

Yeah, GNR said "the intro of the concert is the general", not "the intro of the concert is the general intro".

It can be the intro or the outro...

Oh, and even that "Robin F~" guy. Didn't he say The General was 7 minutes long? Why didn't he just said that it was the Chinese Democracy Tour intro? :rolleyes:

Edited by ManetsBR

If The General is really what they used as an into that sounds pretty cool and dark, I like it.

Bring it on!

Have to agree, the intro is fucking cool. Hoping it is part of the track or another track - it should be!

The 'sound' of the intro does seem to fit the same sort of intro / style of cd tracks. Axl has spent a lot of time on the instrumental intro /outros on CD - TWAT, Prostitute, CD for example so no reason to think the other tracks we have yet to hear would not follow the same theme.

I agree with Gunsguy, this is not from a film / other source, it is original. From memory i think this chat came up in 06, didn't Chris write this...? Anyone remember?

Yeah, GNR said "the intro of the concert is the general", not "the intro of the concert is the general intro".

It can be the intro or the outro...

Oh, and even that "Robin F~" guy. Didn't he say The General was 7 minutes long? Why didn't he just said that it was the Chinese Democracy Tour intro? :rolleyes:

Sounds more like an intro than an outro..

OK, I think we can affirm now that Checkmate is NOT The General.

wasn't it already?

why would the gnr twitter guy be sarcastic with this?

anyway, its an awesome fucking piece. i hope the whole song is as dark and heavy

Was it? How and when? :blink:

thought i read it a while back, that someone had confirmed that it was gnr but not the general. can't remember where or by who so maybe i imagined it :P

now we probably know though