The General played several times as the concert intro

ManetsBR

If they're not kidding - why it was told just now? Is something in the air? Are we gonna get a Christmas present?

Love the intro, now I'm even more pumped to hear something new!

Is it a coincidence that DJ openly tweets that he's adding that video with him talking about AXL being ready to go for the next album to his favourites (weeks after it originally appeared) and this tweet from GNR about The General?

Have GNR started to become aware of the power of marketing! They have certainly got the baords talking about new material at an extremely low cost!

Fingers crossed we get some new music next year - i personally can't wait for more of the same CD style work.

Though interesting just be careful thinking it is eminent.. I don't think there is enough time to do anything before xmas. imo anyway I have been wrong before :)

Take it for what it is as this point

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're not kidding - why it was told just now? Is something in the air? Are we gonna get a Christmas present?

Is it a coincidence that DJ openly tweets that he's adding that video with him talking about AXL being ready to go for the next album to his favourites (weeks after it originally appeared) and this tweet from GNR about The General?

Have GNR started to become aware of the power of marketing! They have certainly got the baords talking about new material at an extremely low cost!

Fingers crossed we get some new music next year - i personally can't wait for more of the same CD style work.

Though interesting just be careful thinking it is eminent.. I don't think there is enough time to do anything before xmas. imo anyway I have been wrong before :)

A virtual release could be done in what... two days?

Soon is the word lol :xmasssanta:

Nothing would suprise me with this band, expect the unexpected! Allthough anything before next xmas and i would actually be quite suprised lol Who fuckin knows!

I just find it strange that Ashba would do that tweet ages after the initial video came out..... Wonder if we get anymore strange happenings......

Surely given guns have completed an epic 1 year tour and increased popularity / awareness of the band and their new music globally now would be a good time to release the remnants of CD and capitalise on this - having a year off and releasing the new album on its own would be less sensible - we sure as hell no that serious money won't be put forward for promotion. Also, GNR now have a significant online presence in terms of their facebook and twitter accounts, serious numbers of followers and retweeters - this was not the case in 08.

Here's to hoping!

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I read often, and seldom find the need to contribute,but

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

I won't reply nor acknowledge it, seeya ;)

Someone's an angry piece of work. I don't see the problem. I'm happy because I've always had a hunch that was The General. I'm not claiming I have the song, or that I've heard it. Maybe you should read again, cranky Sour grapes.

Do us a favour and go back to lurking.

And for the record, parts of Prostitute have been played since 2002, and If The World was allegedly played as a jam too in 06/07.

And you are overlooking a few as well, I'm not angry,

no need to berate and belittle, I'm just amused at your

braggardly behavior, and your supposed superior response :book:

Let's all ignore that Conor called this years ago when you all said it was Checkmate.

I find it ironically amusing when someone gloats and feels the need to inflate their own ego over a supposition they supported,without knowing the facts,

or having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalation knowledge,why don't you tell everyone which parts of other songs have been played? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know,enjoy your tenure of fame and followers while it lasts, Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know, and Guns N' Roses is always full of unprecidented surprises, don't bother to reply or put on a show of self-indignance to further your crusade,

Someone's an angry piece of work. I don't see the problem. I'm happy because I've always had a hunch that was The General. I'm not claiming I have the song, or that I've heard it. Maybe you should read again, cranky Sour grapes.

And for the record, parts of Prostitute have been played since 2002, and If The World was allegedly played as a jam too in 06/07.

I'm just pleased because I've always hoped The General was that orchestral introduction, and I've been saying for a while that I had a hunch it was. I don't see what's that funny about it.

I'm just pleased because I've always hoped The General was that orchestral introduction, and I've been saying for a while that I had a hunch it was. I don't see what's that funny about it.

Being pleased and trying to somehow grow a bigger e-peen because of it are two distinctly different things,

that is why I'm amused, listen to some of the jams and you may be surprised, depending on what you are familiar with, That's all I'm saying, I don't need anymore enemies so I'll end our friendly banter,have a nice day :book:

Being pleased and trying to somehow grow a bigger e-peen because of it are two distinctly different things,

that is why I'm amused, listen to some of the jams and you may be surprised, depending on what you are familiar with, That's all I'm saying, I don't need anymore enemies so I'll end our friendly banter,have a nice day :book:

And prompt Mitophin to ask more questions

wow...THE GENERAL!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!....wait, that's it? LOL...I mean, come on. None of that intro music sounds like a song to me. Sounds more like a movie score. Great, now everyone and their mother is going to "imagine" what it might sound like with actual rock instruments added in. I think it's safe to say that new music will come soon. For no other reason than Axl HAS TO BE bored playing some of these songs now for almost a decade. Personally, I think Axl needs to keep releasing music until he lands a true single. Bring out the big guns!!!

CK

wow...THE GENERAL!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!....wait, that's it? LOL...I mean, come on. None of that intro music sounds like a song to me. Sounds more like a movie score. Great, now everyone and their mother is going to "imagine" what it might sound like with actual rock instruments added in. I think it's safe to say that new music will come soon. For no other reason than Axl HAS TO BE bored playing some of these songs now for almost a decade. Personally, I think Axl needs to keep releasing music until he lands a true single. Bring out the big guns!!!

CK

He's waiting for a Dr. Pepper.

Sounds awesome. Could be The General, but just the some orchestral part of the song.

That's what I think. I think that the rest of the song will be played on top of this part. I don't think it's just an intro.

Agreed. The orchestration here sounds really cool. For the love of God, I hope they push to get this album out very soon.

Sounds awesome. Could be The General, but just the some orchestral part of the song.

That's what I think. I think that the rest of the song will be played on top of this part. I don't think it's just an intro.

Agreed. The orchestration here sounds really cool. For the love of God, I hope they push to get this album out very soon.

Before the damnable leaks, The General was scheduled to be included in ChiDem, as were 2 or 3 alternate songs,the prototype had been printed, but Murphy's Law kicked in as usual and fucked up plans already set in motion.

Before the damnable leaks, The General was scheduled to be included in ChiDem, as were 2 or 3 alternate songs,the prototype had been printed, but Murphy's Law kicked in as usual and fucked up plans already set in motion.

I find it ironically amusing when someone feels the need to inflate their own ego without having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalatory knowledge,why don't you tell everyone the names of the 2 or 3 alternate songs? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know!

Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know.

facepalm.gif

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170799&st=135&p=2794911entry2794911

I find it ironically amusing when someone feels the need to inflate their own ego without having proof, please feel free to enlighten us with more of your revalatory knowledge,why don't you tell everyone the names of the 2 or 3 alternate songs? Oh, that's right you can't because you don't know!

Those that know don't talk, those that talk don't know.

facepalm.gif

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=170799&st=135&p=2794911entry2794911

:lol: