Guns N' Roses to be introduced into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

henfjel

Axl won't show up - he'll probably just sue.

I believe that really could happen.

Well since Axl Legally owns the name, he could cause trouble if the HOF bigshots were presented under his band name,so it could get a little dicey legally, besides the fact that slash and Duff signed the name over to him, prior to their choosing to quit, I think Slash and steven would be the unwanted parties,Matt was never a full member.

Do you remember when Axl, Slash, and Duff tried to prevent The Great Hits Album from coming out in 2004? Do you look at AFD albums sold in stores now? How about videos from their YouTube VEVO Channel? There's a reason Slash and Duff are still there, right on the product. Slash and Duff still control Guns N' Roses in certain capacities.

How about inducting dead people? Should Elvis' estate have been inducted instead of Elvis? Elvis was dead and his estate controlled his name.

People (or rather, Axl fans) are just getting really pissy about this because only the original band is going to get inducted (thus, unintentionally invalidating the new band's relevance and worth). It's eating them up inside and so...I'd go ahead and cut them some slack. It's going to take awhile for them to swallow this little nugget.

and that's another reason Axl might not show up

Axl won't show up - he'll probably just sue.

I believe that really could happen.

Well since Axl Legally owns the name, he could cause trouble if the HOF bigshots were presented under his band name,so it could get a little dicey legally, besides the fact that slash and Duff signed the name over to him, prior to their choosing to quit, I think Slash and steven would be the unwanted parties,Matt was never a full member.

Do you remember when Axl, Slash, and Duff tried to prevent The Great Hits Album from coming out in 2004? Do you look at AFD albums sold in stores now? How about videos from their YouTube VEVO Channel? There's a reason Slash and Duff are still there, right on the product. Slash and Duff still control Guns N' Roses in certain capacities.

How about inducting dead people? Should Elvis' estate have been inducted instead of Elvis? Elvis was dead and his estate controlled his name.

People (or rather, Axl fans) are just getting really pissy about this because only the original band is going to get inducted (thus, unintentionally invalidating the new band's relevance and worth). It's eating them up inside and so...I'd go ahead and cut them some slack. It's going to take awhile for them to swallow this little nugget.

and that's another reason Axl might not show up

That's exactly why he won't show up. That and the fact that he doesn't like to be told what to do.

I bet Axl won't show up - I think he made it clear he doesn't have too much appreciation for the event - and it will cause a crapload of controversy. Slash, Adler, Duff, maybe Sorum and Izzy will be there. I wouldn't throw the possibility of them using a guest singer to perform some hits out of the window.

He think he will not show up but release a pissed of statement instead.

"The RNRHOF, not without a certain irony, awarded the very people responsible for the demise of the original band, those who did their best to sabotage what we had tried to accomplish to begin with, those who deprived the fans of what they genuinely wanted and, I feel, deserved : more music."

If this rumour is true & GN'R are a certainty to be enrolled into R N R hall of fame then this is great news!

I hope Axl has a change of heart & attends. It would be a crying shame if Axl's not there because no one else has contributed more to this band then himself.

The other four members from appetite are also a must attend as they helped make the band world famous.

I think it would also be a nice touch if GN'R 2010, who have helped with bands continued popularity also show up.

From what I've read I can only imagine that Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven & possibly Mat will show up. If Axl doesn't attend then I doubt any of the present day line up will show.

In a perfect world all past & present members would attend & it would be the mother of all GN'R parties! With only Slash & Axl not on speaking terms I don't see what the problem is as they could easily avoid each other. Maybe Axl is worried about reunion rumours starting again?

Edited by Fogy Malone

Maybe Axl is worried about reunion rumours starting again?

did the rumours end?

Since Azoff failed to reunite them I've not read any reports on a reunion happening.

Slash keeps saying that things would have to change & Axl said it's not happening. Duff played with Axl but never hinted on anything about a reunion. Ashba was asked recently about Axl & Slash getting back together & he said there was more chance of hell freezing over.

If the Appetite band all showed up the music press would no doubt report that a reunion was immenent.

Honestly at this point GNR should not even get inducted. Axl and $la$h should get inducted seperately as 2 entities.

both will happen probably. After all, people like Clapton, Beck and Page are in there multiple times...

I highly Doubt Axl will be in there seperately.. Axl has been in Guns and that is it.. He has never been in another popular band or been a solo artist.. Someone like Clpaton is inducted numerous times because the bands he was in got inducted.. Cream, The Tardbirds, Derick and the Dominoes and he was inducted as a solo artist.. Slash will make it in there twice... Once with Guns and once as himself for all the great musicians he has worked with and the sum of his work.. Guns, VR, Solo, Session work...

Axl should show up. He does after all own the name, even if he did get his mitts on it underhanded way :D

Underhanded? Slash and Duff signed the contract, it was clear. No one pointed a gun at their head. Even in 1995 Slash was saying he DIDN'T CARE about signing the name away.

Am I crazy to think only Axl should show up ?? I mean, he created Guns N' Roses and is the only one appearing in every lineup. Wouldn't cause discomfort for anybody.

According to official writing credits, Axl co-wrote "Out Ta Get Me" and "Anything Goes". Everything else on that album was written by Izzy,Duff, Slash,Arkeen and Weber.

Enough said.

Am I crazy to think only Axl should show up ?? I mean, he created Guns N' Roses and is the only one appearing in every lineup. Wouldn't cause discomfort for anybody.

According to official writing credits, Axl co-wrote "Out Ta Get Me" and "Anything Goes". Everything else on that album was written by Izzy,Duff, Slash,Arkeen and Weber.

Enough said.

Please show me the source of these "official writing credits".

Enough said.

You're living in Mars, aren't you ?? Even Slash said already that Axl wrote Welcome to the Jungle.

Edited by marlon_brando15

Enough said.

You're living in Mars, aren't you ?? Even Slash said already that Axl wrote Welcome to the Jungle.

If you think Axl could play guitar in 1985/86 good enough to play WTTJ, let alone WRITE it?!?! Then I think we need to check your planetary background. It's amazing these stupid arguments come up so often when we all know how completely inept his playing abilities were.

Still waiting on your "official writing credits", broconaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction#Track_listing

Is that good enough? Or are you going to give the bullshit excuse that Wiki isnt reliable? Axl didnt write the whole fucking album by himself, stop acting like he was the sole definitive important member of the band. They all had major contributions (except Adler of course, he didnt write anything and only gave the music a special groove). Sure Axl wrote a good majority of the lyrics, but that album would have been nothing without the amazing duo of Izzy and Slash.

For everyone here who thinks that it is even a remote possibility that anyone from a post UYI album to show up I want you to envision the situation. Just try to think of the reception when all 30 people who worked on Chinese Democracy come out on the stage, no one would accept that. Everyone in the building would know damn well that they dont belong there. You guys amaze me because I think some of you may actually be serious and not just trolling. Please open your eyes and realize that Axl is not, nor has he ever been, GNR. He provided great lyrics and vocals on a few albums then decided to kill the band by making it his solo project without the consent of the people in the band.

Still waiting on your "official writing credits", broconaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction#Track_listing

Is that good enough? Or are you going to give the bullshit excuse that Wiki isnt reliable? Axl didnt write the whole fucking album by himself, stop acting like he was the sole definitive important member of the band. They all had major contributions (except Adler of course, he didnt write anything and only gave the music a special groove). Sure Axl wrote a good majority of the lyrics, but that album would have been nothing without the amazing duo of Izzy and Slash.

For everyone here who thinks that it is even a remote possibility that anyone from a post UYI album to show up I want you to envision the situation. Just try to think of the reception when all 30 people who worked on Chinese Democracy come out on the stage, no one would accept that. Everyone in the building would know damn well that they dont belong there. You guys amaze me because I think some of you may actually be serious and not just trolling. Please open your eyes and realize that Axl is not, nor has he ever been, GNR. He provided great lyrics and vocals on a few albums then decided to kill the band by making it his solo project without the consent of the people in the band.

well, for what it's worth,,,

when Cornshucker finally made it out like 5 years ago (some will remember the Niven cd sale on eBay), there was a quote from Alan Niven stating that Axl was responsible for the overall "sound" of the band - i.e. Axl was responsible for all of the melodies, hooks, etc. I tried looking for a minute on google, but couldn't find the interview. perhaps someone with a better memory than I could find it.

I'm not trying to say the rest of the band wasn't equally responsible for the band's early sound... but it seems that Axl brought it all together, and gave it the jive that makes the songs stick in your head for decade upon decade. I honestly think most of the credit for those early albums goes to Axl and Izzy. Slash was a great bluesy guitar player, but I don't think he's in any way a musical visionary like the axl and izzy combo were.

I think everbody will show besides Axl.

Slash will be there, Duff will definatley be there, Izzy will be there, hopefully, Matt wil be there. Steven's already there. :lol:

Anyway, I don't think Dizzy will be there seeing as though he's in GN'R, he'll probably not go, or maybe he might.

With Axl, I'll be surprised if he's there. H'e just seems like, he would be happy to get it, but would really care to say the least.

I just hope it's notl ike the Van Halen induction, withl ike Duff and Matt accepting the award, that'll be too strange.