Guns N' Roses to be introduced into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

henfjel

Still waiting on your "official writing credits", broconaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction#Track_listing

Is that good enough? Or are you going to give the bullshit excuse that Wiki isnt reliable? Axl didnt write the whole fucking album by himself, stop acting like he was the sole definitive important member of the band. They all had major contributions (except Adler of course, he didnt write anything and only gave the music a special groove). Sure Axl wrote a good majority of the lyrics, but that album would have been nothing without the amazing duo of Izzy and Slash.

For everyone here who thinks that it is even a remote possibility that anyone from a post UYI album to show up I want you to envision the situation. Just try to think of the reception when all 30 people who worked on Chinese Democracy come out on the stage, no one would accept that. Everyone in the building would know damn well that they dont belong there. You guys amaze me because I think some of you may actually be serious and not just trolling. Please open your eyes and realize that Axl is not, nor has he ever been, GNR. He provided great lyrics and vocals on a few albums then decided to kill the band by making it his solo project without the consent of the people in the band.

All I see in that list is Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, and Rose. Pretty clear who was/is the soul of Guns N' Roses. The worst 3 songs from AFD (ITS, Mr. B, TAY) were not written by Rose. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Also, Slash is pretty much mentioned last in all credits... which means he only provided some minor contributions.

Edited by RocketKing99

All I see in that list is Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, and Rose.

Probably because you're looking at the lyrics. There's another section called "music" - check there, bub. Thaaaaanks.

The worst 3 songs from AFD (ITS, Mr. B, TAY) were not written by Rose. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Three worst songs? According to whom? This is from the official shit-for-brains list of RocketKing99's best AFD songs?

All I see in that list is Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose, and Rose.

Probably because you're looking at the lyrics. There's another section called "music" - check there, bub. Thaaaaanks.

The worst 3 songs from AFD (ITS, Mr. B, TAY) were not written by Rose. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Three worst songs? According to whom? This is from the official shit-for-brains list of RocketKing99's best AFD songs?

Interview with Slash - Back to the Jungle, GuitarEDGE MARCH/APRIL 2007

‘’Welcome to the Jungle’’ started out with the main riff of the song, that descending riff, which I played for Axl at my house one afternoon /.../At some point later on, the band was rehearsing and Duff came up with the breakdown section in the middle and I came up with the intro. /.../ I remember the lyrics being especially poignant because they were written about Axl’s experience in the streets and his whole summation of moving to Hollywood.

‘’It’s So Easy’’ was a song that basically was written with West Arkeen. /.../ There were a coulee of riffs I introduced to it, and it sounded a lot more rocking by the end.

‘’Nightrain’’ is a funny story. We wrote the chorus when Izzy, Axl and I were walking around Hollywood drinking Night Train. /.../ Then I got the flu or strep throat or something, and Duff, Axl, Izzy and Steve managed to get more of the arrangement down without me. /.../ But part of the beauty about that solo is that I wasn’t technically capable of playing as fast as the song was going, so the solo has a little bit more of a rocky feel to it, which is cool.

(Out Ta Get Me) It started with that intro lick, which was Izzy’s and I remember hearing it and going, ‘’That’s awesome!’’ The way the song sounds on record is exactly how it sounded in my head from the second I heard that riff.

(Mr. Brownstone) Izzy and I wrote that sitting in his apartment, loaded. And as most junkies do, we started writing lyrics about the perils and the boredom of the whole thing, the song of redundant process we were immersed in.

(Paradise City) I remember writing the words. Originally it was ‘’Take me down to the Paradise City, where the girls are fat and they got big titties’’ [laughs] /.../ (Synthesizer part )That didn’t come in until Axl was putting his vocals down on the record, so I had no idea about that until we got to the mixing stage. All of a sudden there was that part. Being the guitar purists that we were, Izzy and I were like, ‘’whoa, whoa, whoa!?’’ But Axl won that battle, so it stayed on there. All things considered, it was never that big of a deal, but it introduced a certain electronic thing that didn’t fit well. Axl had a tendency to do that from time to time – to bring it in on the back end.

(My Michelle) Basically, it started with the heavy riff. I remember doing the riff first, then making up the intro to it. I’m really into good intros.

(Think About You) That’s a song that Izzy had in its entirety when we first started. /.../ But at the same time, it was one of those songs where Izzy had written the lyrics. /.../ I enjoyed recording it, though. I managed to get some ideas down and could walk away feeling satisfied with the way the song sounded.

(Sweet Child O' Mine) But I remember, Duff Izzy and I were sitting in the living room next to the fireplace – we had no TV set – and I was playing the intro riff and they were playing chords behind it. And next thing you know, it was turning into something. I really just thought of it as a joke, but lo and behold , Axl was upstairs in his bedroom and he heard it and started writing the words. The next day, we were rehearsing at Burbank Studio – doing a preproduction kind of thing – and Axl wanted us to play what we been playing the night before. Pretty soon, it shaped itself into a song, and all of sudden it took on this serious kind of tone. It was really hard for me to accept, but that song became Axl’s favorite. I think a lot of it had to do with the lyrics. They had a serious, personal side to them.

‘’You’re Crazy’’ was written around the same time as ‘’Mr. Brownstone’’. It was originally a slow acoustic song that we wrote while sitting in the living room one night. Then Axl, Izzy, Duff and I went down to the rehearsal studio that we were working out of and, of course, turned everything up to 12. All of a sudden, it took on this real break-neck speed. Axl actually enjoyed making the adjustment.

‘’Anything Goes’’ is one of the older songs on record. If you look at the credits, there are a lot of writers listed for this one because song was before Axl and I first hooked up. By the time Guns N’ Roses got to do it, we’d changed the chorus and the verses around, and Axl rewrote the lyrics.

(Rocket Queen) That was a riff I had when Duff and I first hooked up. /.../ We had that riff, and at some point I brought it back into the band. The chorus was something Axl had been working on that had nothing to do with the rest of the song.

Axl Rose will be there, he probally won't sing, but he will be there........

I think he'll give it some thought up to the last minute, but I doubt he's shelling out money for a table. He might just show up, say thanks, and leave, and that's if he only happens to be in New York. Maybe he'll have Izzy or Sebastian read his thanks for him. Or Jann Wenner.

Peter Gabriel didn't bother showing up for the Genesis induction because he was busy getting his show together. McCartney snubbed the Beatles induction because of legal issues with Yoko ("I would feel like a complete hypocrite waving and smiling with them at a fake reunion") , but would later induct John Lennon. Roger Waters didn't go to the Pink Floyd induction, but did put together an exhibit at the Rock Hall (You Tube Billy Corgan with Pink Floyd for the RRHOF induction clips).

only adler will show up

No Slash said he would definitely show up and he thought all the guys would too.

I would be curious to see if Axl shows up. He could stay by duff and Izzy and Slash could stay on the other side of the podium, but the biggest question is would they actually perform?

On That Metal Show Slash said how he was the one who was on stage for Van Halen and only Michael Anthony and Sammy Hager showed up. DAvid Lee Roth didn't show up because of Sammy and Eddie was sick at the time. I don't know about Alex. But nevertheless they didn't perform and that's sad.

Anyway, it takes a lot of bands a long time to get inducted. Alice Cooper has been around for over 40 years and now he just got inducted, so it would be amazing if GNR actually got in on the first try.

Still waiting on your "official writing credits", broconaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction#Track_listing

Is that good enough? Or are you going to give the bullshit excuse that Wiki isnt reliable? Axl didnt write the whole fucking album by himself, stop acting like he was the sole definitive important member of the band. They all had major contributions (except Adler of course, he didnt write anything and only gave the music a special groove). Sure Axl wrote a good majority of the lyrics, but that album would have been nothing without the amazing duo of Izzy and Slash.

For everyone here who thinks that it is even a remote possibility that anyone from a post UYI album to show up I want you to envision the situation. Just try to think of the reception when all 30 people who worked on Chinese Democracy come out on the stage, no one would accept that. Everyone in the building would know damn well that they dont belong there. You guys amaze me because I think some of you may actually be serious and not just trolling. Please open your eyes and realize that Axl is not, nor has he ever been, GNR. He provided great lyrics and vocals on a few albums then decided to kill the band by making it his solo project without the consent of the people in the band.

I'm not going to dismiss it, but I'd really like to see a source for these credits. Every credible thing on Wikipedia is also listed somewhere else, and I've never seen these.

No one here said Axl wrote the whole fucking album by himself. Stop putting words in peoples' mouth.

Both steve and matt suck. Gimme brain or frank anyday.

How so?

It's so weird that people can have so much biased hatred for musicians who participated in only...I don't know...say 90% of Guns' catolog.

On the other side of the coin, I'm not fond of Chinese Democracy, but I am thankful for what Axl contributed to in the 80s and early 90s.

Give credit when credit is due or else you just look like a fool striving for attention. But hey, your not bad considering I just replied. :thumbsup:

Slash wrote AFD, Lies and every song on the UYI all by himself, with some help from the just-as-talented-but-terribly-underrated Steven Adler, who was fired by Axl because Axl was jealous of how talented and sober Steven was.

Slash is just so gracious, kind and saintly he let that talentless hack Axl take any credit, and by extension, let that junkie Izzy (evil bastard because he was/is friends with Axl) take some credit too.

Duff begged, so good Lord Slash let him take some credit too.

But Slash was the guy who wrote everything. Every lyric, melody, guitar riff. It's sad that great lord Slash had to surround himself with talentless wannabes like Axl, Duff and Izzy. He and Adler, left their own, amazing devices could've bested the Beatles but were dragged down by three talentless fools.

Edited by Indigo Child

Slash wrote AFD, Lies and every song on the UYI all by himself, with some help from the just-as-talented-but-terribly-underrated Steven Adler, who was fired by Axl because Axl was jealous of how talented and sober Steven was.

Slash is just so gracious, kind and saintly he let that talentless hack Axl take any credit, and by extension, let that junkie Izzy (evil bastard because he was/is friends with Axl) take some credit too.

But Slash was the guy who wrote everything. Every lyric, melody, guitar riff. It's sad that great lord Slash had to surround himself with talentless wannabes like Axl, Duff and Izzy. He and Adler, left their own, amazing devices could've bested the Beatles but were dragged down by three talentless fools.

nice to know, thx :thumbsup:

dude...your ridiculous, do us all a favor and leave this forum, thanks.

I've never understood the obsession with being 'Introduced into the Rock N Roll hall of fame' - The world knows GNR was the greatest band on the earth with the multitude of stats to back it up, I honestly don't get this. I guess the important thing is certainly most of the musicians certainly do take it as an honor and a symbol of their success.

Regardless, whilst it will be interesting to see what happens - There's no chance on earth Axl will show for this. Nil, Nada.

Trying to be funny or something?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Trying to be funny or something?

It was funny. It's funny because of the sarcasm, you didn't get it...

I've never understood the obsession with being 'Introduced into the Rock N Roll hall of fame' - The world knows GNR was the greatest band on the earth with the multitude of stats to back it up, I honestly don't get this. I guess the important thing is certainly most of the musicians certainly do take it as an honor and a symbol of their success.

Regardless, whilst it will be interesting to see what happens - There's no chance on earth Axl will show for this. Nil, Nada.

It'll all be worth it just to watch the Jarmo's of the world lose their fucking minds. I mean, think about it. The HOF is going to induct Guns N Roses, but only the original band. This means that they're indirectly invalidating the new band. That's going to fucking EAT these people up inside. They're going to have to watch as Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven go up on stage and take complete credit for the band and it's success/fame. Then they'll have to endure all of them playing AS Guns N Roses together, on stage without Axl.

Man...it's almost too good to be true. Not that I'm pro old band and anti new band or anything. I'm not pro anything. But goddamn do I loath the "Axl is thy lord" nut jobs who masturbate over everything he does. So the HOF is going to be sweet as FUCK.

It'll all be worth it just to watch the Jarmo's of the world lose their fucking minds. I mean, think about it. The HOF is going to induct Guns N Roses, but only the original band. This means that they're indirectly invalidating the new band. That's going to fucking EAT these people up inside. They're going to have to watch as Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven go up on stage and take complete credit for the band and it's success/fame. Then they'll have to endure all of them playing AS Guns N Roses together, on stage without Axl.

Man...it's almost too good to be true. Not that I'm pro old band and anti new band or anything. I'm not pro anything. But goddamn do I loath the "Axl is thy lord" nut jobs who masturbate over everything he does. So the HOF is going to be sweet as FUCK.

lol , instrumental gnr should be 'interesting' to watch :rofl-lol:

they might have that turd from Slah's recent album sing a few songs with them. He sounds like a wounded cat though.

they might have that turd from Slah's recent album sing a few songs with them. He sounds like a wounded cat though.

True, maybe they can bring scott weisel-and to do brownstone :P , but its going to be pretty embarrassing to watch slash and the others if Axl isn't there.

True, maybe they can bring scott weisel-and to do brownstone :P , but its going to be pretty embarrassing to watch slash and the others if Axl isn't there.

You know, that's what most people say when they see Axl doing it? Right? I mean it goes both ways. If you think the other four playing old songs is embarrassing because Axl's not there, then it's got to be equally embarrassing if it's the other way around.

I don't think it's embarrassing either way, but just pointing out the hypocrisy in your comments.