Upcoming Axl Rose Interview?

ManetsBR

Ummmm guys, that was the interview. At no point does it say that more is coming, nor is it even written to imply there is anything more to it.

The thread title is incredibly misleading.

No one is stupid enough to call a simple quote an interview.

Lets play the website editor game. What's a more appealing title for this article, 'Axl Rose gives first interview in 14 years' or 'Axl Rose says few words to random reporter.' They are sexing it up to get hits on the website, the fact that they say it is his first in 14 years is proof of that considering it is a complete lie.

If anything more comes from this I will gladly eat my own words with a side of humble pie.

in regards to the interview

they gotta edit it, re edit , do some takes, more retakes from different angles, fire the camerman and then leak some questions to hold the fans over for a year. :xmassrudolph: (couldn't resist :P )

If anything more comes from this I will gladly eat my own words with a side of humble pie.

I think you are actually right. This was was worst Guns N' Roses interview ever.

This is ridiculous and someone should punch whoever wrote that story right in the dick.

At a time where fans are chomping at the bit for info on the next album, the U.S. tour, etc. this was definitely not needed. :thumbsdown:

thread didnt get pulled down from HTGTH so its legit.

Oh well I'm convinced...

Seriously? Would you guys read the article? It's stupid. For a start, it goes on about 'his manager'. I'm not convinced.

Beta? Del? Jarmo?

I'd like to think they know better than to say he hasn't been interviewed in 14 years. Those of you with any sense would doubt this.

Axl gave an interview after the '02 VMAs and during the '06 VMAs which was a visual interview.

He's given audio interviews in 1999, 2002 and 2006.

He never gave any interview in 1996, which would be "14 years ago."

*facepalm*

thanks for filling us in...

you know they meant he hasn't done an interview with THE GULF NEWS in 14 years, right?

Axl gave an interview after the '02 VMAs and during the '06 VMAs which was a visual interview.

*facepalm*

you know they meant he hasn't done an interview with THE GULF NEWS in 14 years, right?

So he did a interview with THE GULF NEWS back in 1996??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Guest ben9785

I expect from the one line they quoted, it was a comment that they got from him at the airport or the venue.

In any case, for what its worth, I sent an email to one of their editors dept. to find out.

Edited by ben9785

I expect from the one line they quoted, it was a comment that they got from him at the airport or the venue.

By the sounds of it, it seems they had a sit down interview with him backstage before the show.

Is that one line the interview or is there more to come?

Hopefully more to come, be a real let down if the manager and the paper who got the quote think this is one.

Saw on HTGTH

Exclusive

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose gives his first interview in 14 years—to Gulf News!

Gulf News Report: December 16, 2010

Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose gave his first interview in 14 years—according to his manager—to Gulf News on Thursday night, just hours before he took to the stage at Yas Arena in Abu Dhabi in his band's first UAE concert.

He told Gulf News backstage at the venue, "I'm so excited to be playing in front of such a multi-cultural crowd".

His manager expressed surprise that the red-haired singer was willing to give an interview, telling Gulf News, "I don't know what you've done, but you did something right!"

http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-singer-axl-rose-gives-his-first-interview-in-14-years-1.731671

EDIT: Apparentely, that "I'm so excited to be playing in front of such a multi-cultural crowd" was the amazing interview :shrugs:

Come here and give another interview to the fans Axl.

Gulfnews considers this an interview???? Hahaha.

Just some words from Axl.

*facepalm*

So he did a interview with THE GULF NEWS back in 1996??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

no idea, but thats what it sure sounds like