Bucket's Shackler solo underlying in the multitracks

Mike Honcho

That. I was listening to the Shackler's Revenge multitracks and noticed a guitar solo laying beneath the rhythm guitar on the additional instruments track. You have to listen very carefully cause it's very buried. What do you guys think? Could it be Bucket? It surely sounds like him.

Edited by Mike Honcho

Good ear. I just blasted it through headphones and you're right - definitely something there which does sound like some Buckethead sweeping and tapping. Perhaps some bleed that was picked up when recording another track. This also confirms that the old "cut and paste" track that was claiming to be the original Buckethead solo was indeed a fake (not that we needed this to confirm it anyways).

I wonder if anybody knows how to pick that up and enhance it a bit - probably impossible though considering it's all one track.

This can be heard in one of Axl's vocals track in the song. I isolated it as best as I could and removed most of the un-listenable parts.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X7XMEI6M

Nice, too bad there isn't more! It'd be wicked to try and use these isolations to build up the whole Buckethead solo and then put it over the song to see what it may have sounded a bit like.

This can be heard in one of Axl's vocals track in the song. I isolated it as best as I could and removed most of the un-listenable parts.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X7XMEI6M

Nice, too bad there isn't more! It'd be wicked to try and use these isolations to build up the whole Buckethead solo and then put it over the song to see what it may have sounded a bit like.

Agreed, or if a version of the song was released with it as a bonus or something. I am sure there are those who actually have this version.

Cool, but I'm more intrigued in the 2002 version of The Blues that you can hear in the SOD Multis.

Really? I didn't notice this, yet.

You can hear bits of it in the vocal track, before and after Axl's voice bits. You can hear elements of the 1999 CD in the additional instruments track of the title cut.