Matt Sorum says, Axl played the London show for Duff not for the audience.

Dude on the Couch

I mean surely the 20,000, 30,000 strong crowds that Guns has played to this year in all different countries, in many cases sold out shows, aren't "nobody."

I mean they played TWO back to back completely sold out shows at the 02 area, which is 20,000 people, this year. They played a completely sold out 45,000 strong show in Argentina this year--Just two examples of a number of sell out shows above the 10,000 mark.

Seeing them sell out 02 must've really burned the Slashfanbois asses :rofl-lol:

Edited by Indigo Child

I mean surely the 20,000, 30,000 strong crowds that Guns has played to this year in all different countries, in many cases sold out shows, aren't "nobody."

I mean they played TWO back to back completely sold out shows at the 02 area, which is 20,000 people, this year. They played a completely sold out 45,000 strong show in Argentina this year--Just two examples of a number of sell out shows above the 10,000 mark.

Whoopdeedamndo. Peter, Paul and Mary could sell out a place in Argentina. What, they get like 3 concerts a year?

In the markets where it matters the most, CD was greeted with a collective yawn.

Whoopdeedamndo. Peter, Paul and Mary could sell out a place in Argentina. What, they get like 3 concerts a year?

In the markets where it matters the most, CD was greeted with a collective yawn.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

So, the UK is a market that doesn't matter? I mean selling out the 02 arena, that's just a big nothing, right? Selling out the LG Arena (UK), Odyssesy Arena (UK), M.E.N. Arena (UK), Paulau Municipal (10,000; Spain), O2 Arena (Czech, 16,000), Belgrade Arena (Serbia, 14,000), Bercy Arena (France, 17,000), Palalottomatica (Italy, 13,000)

Mediolanum Forum (Italy, 12,000), Romexpo (Romania, 30,000). 20,000 sold out in Dubai.

Selling out 20,000, 30,000 and 40,000 seat venues in Brazil and Argentina doesn't matter? They're just "non people"?

Edited by Indigo Child

shifting_goalposts.jpg

So, the UK is a market that doesn't matter? I mean selling out the 02, that's just a big nothing, right?

I was referencing the album not the concert turnouts. People went to the show to hear the old songs for the most part and not cuts off of CD.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

So, the UK is a market that doesn't matter? I mean selling out the 02, that's just a big nothing, right?

I was referencing the album not the concert turnouts. People went to the show to hear the old songs for the most part and not cuts off of CD.

Considering CD was released by a Heavy Rock band that:

1) Hadn't released an album since 1993

2) Hadn't produced a music video since 1994

3) Has only one original band member

4) Is considered an 80's Glam band by Joe Public

5) Hasn't had a major TV performance since 2002

6) Hasn't held a major press conference since 1993

And had very little promotion, yet still managed to sell 5 million worldwide in an era dominated by Electro Pop and Rap, I'd say that's a pretty damn good feat.

Edited by Indigo Child

Matt's exactly right...check out when Axl belts out "I'll rip your heart in two" he looks RIGHT at Duff. Axl's still got the voice but beyond that what...6 beggars and hangers on??

just looked at that video again because I thought it's be fun to see them interacting like that moment you mentioned.. but all he's doing there is just acknowledging his presence there.

and that's pretty much the only time he ever has any interaction with him on the stage during the song. (just watched YCBM)

would've loved seeing more of it, at least since you're making such a big deal of it :shrugs:

GeorgeGlass is one of those "Reunion or Retire" types.

No I'm a reunion or don't use the GNR name type of guy.

Too bad.

This is Guns N' Roses.

In name only, because it was purchased. It's sad to see 48 year old Axl lug around 6 unknown musicians and parade around as GNR. I liked the comment in another thread how when Ozzy left Black Sabbath he toured as Ozzy, not Black Sabbath. He knew better.

Tony Iommi, who owns the Black Sabbath name, continued it without Ozzy, and later even the rest of the guys. See 1985-1992 and 1992-1995 in Sabbath's history. Iommi was the only original band member for that period.

This is Guns N' Roses, in name and in fact. It's actually not sad to see Axl out rocking at 48. What's sad is some people can't get over 10/31/1996 and cupcake a message board daily expressing their deep bitterness, actually believing their pathetic whining is going to do anything.

Indeed.

Yeah, and Sabbath really took off without Ozzy. Nobody gave a fuck after Ozzy left. Same way nobody gives a shit about GNR without 80% of the members there.

You keep changing the goal posts, you just got owned, take it like a man you pussy ass bitch.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

And had very little promotion, yet still managed to sell 5 million worldwide in an area dominated by Electro Pop and Rap, I'd say that's a pretty damn good feat.

And whose fault is that? Sure, it's a respectable amount but no where close to what it could have been with just a little effort by Dear Leader Axl.

Tony Iommi, who owns the Black Sabbath name, continued it without Ozzy, and later even the rest of the guys. See 1985-1992 and 1992-1995 in Sabbath's history. Iommi was the only original band member for that period.

The Dio stuff is quite good, but nobody would complain if stuff like Tyr, Headless Cross, Eternal Idol or Seventh Star was deleted from the Sabbath catalog.

The Dio stuff is quite good, but nobody would complain if stuff like Tyr, Headless Cross, Eternal Idol or Seventh Star was deleted from the Sabbath catalog.

:shrugs:

I would, I quite like Tyr and Headless Cross.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

And had very little promotion, yet still managed to sell 5 million worldwide in an area dominated by Electro Pop and Rap, I'd say that's a pretty damn good feat.

And whose fault is that? Sure, it's a respectable amount but no where close to what it could have been with just a little effort by Dear Leader Axl.

The point was that considering all of the above factors, the fact that it managed to sell 5 million worldwide I would say marks it as a success.

Your point was that the world (or the "markets that matter", whatever that means since money is still money and sales are still sales) "yawned" at CD.

Edited by Indigo Child

shifting_goalposts.jpg

The point was that considering all of the above factors, the fact that it managed to sell 5 million worldwide I would say marks it as a success.

Your point was that the world (or the "markets that matter", whatever that means since money is still money and sales are still sales) "yawned" at CD.

You know exactly what I mean when I say the markets that matter. Oh wow, we have the number one album in Thailand. If a band doesn't do well in the States or Western Europe then they fail. Sure they can make a decent living being big in Japan but it is not true success or a band like GNR as defined by their past.

shifting_goalposts.jpg

You know exactly what I mean when I say the markets that matter. Oh wow, we have the number one album in Thailand. If a band doesn't do well in the States or Western Europe then they fail. Sure they can make a decent living being big in Japan but it is not true success or a band like GNR as defined by their past.

It did just fine in western europe, it sold more than a million copies.

Edited by axl8302

mastondonny, shut it... you're losing.

How so? The reality is that the album came and went with a wimper.

Correct. People here seem to think it was this huge success. It wasn't. It was like a firework with the fuse burning for 15 years then when it went off it was a dud. And you could put a cardboard cutout of Axl with a backing track of WTTJ on a loop and the Asians would sell out each venue.

Matt Sorum is a cunt. He made a good replacement for Adler, but he never has anything productive to say.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

But I will add he's a jealous little fucker who should still be so damn thankful he go the GNR gig! He should be kissing Axl's ass because no matter where he goes or what band he plays in, he'll always be known as the drummer for GNR and he loves it, no matter how much he bitches and moans about Axl.

He just likes to complain. He never liked Scott W when they picked him for Velvet Revolver either. The guy thinks he's a drum God, but there are so many better drummers out there that could run rings around him!

Get a life Matt!

If there ever every is an original GNR reunion, I really hope Axl gives the drummer job to Steven. I want Matt left out in the cold!

If there ever every is an original GNR reunion, I really hope Axl gives the drummer job to Steven. I want Matt left out in the cold!

Nah.. Steven is not reliable. I'd rather have Frank Ferrer as the drummer, also keep Fortus instead of Izzy (Izzy is great for songwriting, but doesn't like to tour). With Duff and Slash onboard most people would see it as a reunion anyway.

Anyways.. not gonna happen. The new band should stay the way it is.. try not to change anything, release a single and later a new album and get on the road again.

CD was a major hit album, considering there was little to no promotion and coming from an "extinct" band in a era of digital piracy.

This alone proves how big once upon a time Gn'R was... TWAT!

I don't agree when people talk about it being a massive flop, but to call it a major hit is a bit of a stretch for me.

It'll take a bit of promotion for CDII to match the sales.

mastondonny, shut it... you're losing.

How so? The reality is that the album came and went with a wimper.

Correct. People here seem to think it was this huge success. It wasn't. It was like a firework with the fuse burning for 15 years then when it went off it was a dud. And you could put a cardboard cutout of Axl with a backing track of WTTJ on a loop and the Asians would sell out each venue.

Stupid fucking racist/xenophobic comment.

2dbd65112161641.jpg

See? Even your dad says so.

Edited by axleu

CD was a major hit album, considering there was little to no promotion and coming from an "extinct" band in a era of digital piracy.

This alone proves how big once upon a time Gn'R was... TWAT!

Good album or not, it wasn't a major hit. And about the promotion thing - yes, it's true that GN'R/Label... could do a better job, but Chinese Democracy was a myth, it was something that was bashed/discussed in the biggest magazines, web sites... for the 10+ years - well, if that's not some sort of promotion :rolleyes: