A "Making of Chinese D" Documentary--Just discussion

Vincent Vega

Am I the only one who would LOVE like a boxset, four, five DVDs and/or a book which chronicles the birth of the new band and the creation of Chinese Democracy? Think of it as something along the lines of like Sympathy for the Devil (the documentary which shows the writing, evolution and recording of the Stones' song), or the new Doors documentary. Or something like the Beatles Anthology set or Let it Be (the films).

It's sad to realize that we may need to wait until Axl passes away to see a poor compilation of such material - e.g: Greatest Hits, anyone? I think Axl just doesn't care what's gonna happen after he's gone or believe he has some sort of protection against what Universal and Sanctuary will do. I hope if he ever reads this message he gets that I don't want him dead neither Universal's view on things.

Seeing as how, to the best of anyone's knowledge, there wasn't any "filming" done during the many years of recording, so if a documentary of any sort ever came out, all it would consist of would be live footage we've most likely seen, clips of interviews they tried their best to get for the film, zooming-in pictures of documents relating to Gn'R and Chinese Democracy, and commentary by Morgan Freeman.

Regardless, I hope they release it on blu-ray.

That would be great if they had videotaped and photographed the sessions, even for personal reasons.

DA Pennebaker tried to make a documentary with J-Lo, but I guess she didn't like how she was filmed or was prob. being nasty to someone during the sessions. But he'd be a good one to do one of those "fly on the wall" documentaries before he gets too old. Or the guys who did "Paradise Lost" that made "Some Kind of Monster".

"Sympathy for the Devil" was one of those late 60s message movies that is very dated and cheesy. "Gimme Shelter" and "Cocksucker Blues" are better.

:shrugs: I doubt there is any footage really of new GNR from its beginnings, in studio really, hate to say it. I mean if anything would be made as like a documentary it would probably be just interviews from around the time the documentary is being made, 2 years after its release.

you look at like any old GNR documentary there is interviews from the past, videos, and interviews from the present. with new GNR it would probably be only interivews from the present day.

that would still be awesome tho dont get me wrong.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions