[INDUSTRY RUMOR] According to HoustonPress, Axl and Slash have reconciled and will tour in 2011!

The Dude Returns

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Velvet Revolver have been in the news getting things rolling with almost finding their new singer.

Slash is still touring under his solo-moniker.

Duff has said that their has been little contact with Axl since their meeting in London.

Add that all up, and it doesn't sound very probable.

However it would make me the happiest man alive. Seriously, I'd give up 10 years of my life to see the original Guns N Roses perform (a couple of times).

Quote from Matt Sorum in 2008:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/velvet-revolvers-matt-sorum-talks-guns-n-roses-reunion-161283

"They could be having meetings about it right now. They could be in a bomb shelter, with Axl and Slash and Duff. And Izzy! Maybe Steven Adler - I don't know. I'd probably be the very, very, very last guy to get the call."

This quote is from Matt in the Bravewords interview posted today. It sounds like he is talking about the present not the past. What would be going on between Axl and Slash now?

Bravewords: That’s what I figured. Were you surprised that it worked out (apparently) so well?

MS: “I wasn’t surprised because here’s the biggest problem with bands and people that have that much history. The communication factor is the biggest break down. People get between you and the truth. The reality of Axl’s feelings towards Duff are a bit blown out of proportion. Maybe the situation between Axl and Slash is more fired up because there’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that even I don’t know about.

I just hope this isn't an elaborate "Garden City demos" prank. That would be so lame.

Unfortunately it's not that complicated. It's just a random newspaper trying to garner publicity by making up rumors. Really no sources of anything here, just "the big rumor is Axl and Slash have made amends!!!".

I just hope this isn't an elaborate "Garden City demos" prank. That would be so lame.

Unfortunately it's not that complicated. It's just a random newspaper trying to garner publicity by making up rumors. Really no sources of anything here, just "the big rumor is Axl and Slash have made amends!!!".

same rumour that comes to light every year just in case it does happen they can claim they predicted it LOL

This pile of steaming bullshit is so strong it is fogging up my monitor.

Is 'This I Love' playing on your ITunes?

You have to realize how little credibility that article has. I don't think anybody (you included) is actually taking it as a serious hint towards a reunion.

Just my two cents. :shrugs:

Too good to be true. Give the fans what they want??? No way.

I consider myself a fan... this is definitely not what I want.

I don't want it either. It would be so cheap and would destroy all the years Axl spent doing things his way and trying to get the new line up going to do it. It would be nothing but a cash grab.

I emailed the author. Hopefully I'll get a reply.

Thanks, man! Let us know if they allude to when the tour may start.

Damn. When I woke up this morning, I had zero intention of ever seeing another GNR show. Now, still the same day, I plan on catching as many shows as possible next year!

I hope you like Ashba solos.

I emailed the author. Hopefully I'll get a reply.

Thanks, man! Let us know if they allude to when the tour may start.

Damn. When I woke up this morning, I had zero intention of ever seeing another GNR show. Now, still the same day, I plan on catching as many shows as possible next year!

I hope you like Ashba solos.

QFT.