An open question for Marc

Vincent Vega

I figured this would be the best place to put it, as I know he comes around here once in a while:

Marc, I really enjoyed your book on the beginnings of GN'R. I was wondering if you'd ever considering writing book (maybe with both Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy's participation or something) on the later days of GN'R, 1988-1996?

Edited by Indigo Child

I figured this would be the best place to put it, as I know he comes around here once in a while:

Marc, I really enjoyed your book on the beginnings of GN'R. I was wondering if you'd ever considering writing book (maybe with both Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy's participation or something) on the later days of GN'R, 1988-1996?

Del James was doing that back then. Never came out though.

Del should release a book 1997-2010 The Chinese Democracy Years. I would give a testicle for that!

Me too I always love a good fairy tale........... B)

The book could be a truly comprehensive fairy tale just like the rehearsed interview he got from Axl a couple of years ago.

Del should release a book 1997-2010 The Chinese Democracy Years. I would give a testicle for that!

The book could be a truly comprehensive fairy tale just like the rehearsed interview he got from Axl a couple of years ago.

c'mon, that wasn't an interview

I guess Slash's book made you have major orgasms then.

Well we all know that Axl had nothing to do with the demise of real GNR at all. Such an innocent victim. I guess karma hit him pretty hard as evidenced by those musicians he's been dragging around for 10 years. Fifteen years on and still can't succeed without Slash, even with using the GNR name.

Well we all know that Axl had nothing to do with the demise of real GNR at all. Such an innocent victim. I guess karma hit him pretty hard as evidenced by those musicians he's been dragging around for 10 years. Fifteen years on and still can't succeed without Slash, even with using the GNR name.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh George, you are too funny. I dont care what all the kiss-ass sycophants think, but I love mygnr cupcakes. A breath of fresh air I think.

By the way, Language Of Fear can be found at Amazon. Del did all that stuff and maybe one day it will come out. Reckless Road started out as just a club days photo book with flyers and tickets and clippings and some things that I remembered from that time. Then it started to grow when we decided to interview some of the other people that were there to see what they might have had to say. For the most part it worked out doing that. A lot of their stories worked well with the photos to help make it a better book. Anything after that was not my job. I got everything from the start and when I stopped, the band was already in the public eye. I documented something very special and it's something that has never been done before. I'm still working 4 to 5 hours a day trying to get Reckless Road in mom and pop record stores across the USA.I email and call them one at a time. It looks like I will be doing that for the rest of my life. Getting the books to the people is what I have to do for my self and we still owe close to a million dollars to the people that put up the money to produce the book. So I also have to try to get them paid back. So between my full time work at Canter's Deli and promoting Reckless Road, There no time left for anything else anyway. No one else that I know could do what I have to do to get it done. I'm now the main distributor for the book and I pack and ship out every book my self.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, any chance of a digital version of the book on things like the iPad?

I know they technically have an iBooks version and Vook version or some shit, but they don't have all the awesome photography in there.

Anyway, get work keep it up. I shill it to both GNR and non-GNR fans I know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Oh George, you are too funny. I dont care what all the kiss-ass sycophants think, but I love mygnr cupcakes. A breath of fresh air I think.

How am I a cupcake with 1200+ posts? And I really don't think you can honestly say Axl's had 'success' since '93. He hides out in Europe and Asia (where they'll eat up anything American, including a guy prostituting the GNR name) playing to half empty arenas all in the name of his pride. It's really a waste when you think about it, to have Axl in such good voice yet turn into a cult/underground hero.

In fact, perhaps Prostitute is about just that - "ask yourself, what I should do, to prostitute myself" - answer is use the GNR name.

How am I a cupcake with 1200+ posts? And I really don't think you can honestly say Axl's had 'success' since '93. He hides out in Europe and Asia (where they'll eat up anything American, including a guy prostituting the GNR name) playing to half empty arenas all in the name of his pride. It's really a waste when you think about it, to have Axl in such good voice yet turn into a cult/underground hero.

In fact, perhaps Prostitute is about just that - "ask yourself, what I should do, to prostitute myself" - answer is use the GNR name.

You're just a ignorant, deluded prick. Most of Europe can't stand the US, so I don't know where you're getting your "they'll eat up anything American" bull shit. People flock to see this band because they fucking rock... not because of where they're from.

You don't even know the lyrics dude, move the fuck on!

Edited by axl8302

Del did all that stuff and maybe one day it will come out.

Hey Marc -

Why is it that nothing ever comes out?

The list is endless:

Rapidfire demos, Sorelle Saidman's book on Axl, the Perfect Crime documentary, the Better vid, Del's book, etc. etc.

How did you manage to clear all the legal hurdles that everyone else faces trying to release GN'R-related material?

Thanks.

You're just a ignorant, deluded prick. Most of Europe can't stand the US, so I don't know where you're getting your "they'll eat up anything American" bull shit. People flock to see this band because they fucking rock... not because of where they're from.

You don't even know the lyrics dude, move the fuck on!

Yes it's hip to hate the US but deep down everyone loves the western style of life. Plus there are hardly any European rock stars (worth listening to anyway). That's why he gets big crowds in Europe but in the US they'd be embarassingly small.

Slash made his book up, Axl only talks to people of whom he's sure they'll write down what he wants. Why take sides?

How did you manage to clear all the legal hurdles that everyone else faces trying to release GN'R-related material?

Thanks.

I'm wondering the same, it seems like such a hassle.

Well doesn't Marc actually have the blessings of all involved (which is a pretty unique position) and so presumably all that stuff could be bypassed somewhat. Could be way off though I suppose.

What I love about the book is that it is uncompromised. It is made to be the best it can be for what it is - as opposed to deliberately gearing it to give it an angle, which to be honest could have made it an easier sell in more mainstream shops. More passionate fans (aka losers like us) should be really grateful because its very rare to get something like that that is perfect for the already initiated fan.