Should Axl give the new GNR members partial ownership in the GNR name?

SONOFABITCH

Right Axl would have been successful without Slash and Steven because he was so successful before they joined the band right?

I am not saying they were the only reason for AFD being such an epic classic as GnR was the sum of the parts and to say Axl would have made it anyway is being pretty shortsighted and ignoring the history of the band and how they actually made it...

In fact if it wasn't for Tom Zutaut getting Geffen to call in a favour with MTV and getting "Welcome to the Jungle" played the band might have faded into obscurity.

IMHO Tom Z was as important to the bands success as any of the members..and Vicky Hamilton deserves props also for booking the band in those early days and helping to build a following.

NuGnR fans should remember there would never had been a ChiDem if it had not been for the AFD lineup and people who supported it and helped make it a success...............

We'll recognize that if you guys move on, like Slash, Izzy and Duff have, and stop trying to bring people who actually support the new band down and attacking the band at every turn.

You're the one stirring the shit by saying Axl would have been successful with anyone playing guitar Miser. I am only restating what is obvious to anyone who has any knowledge of GnR history...

If people giving their opinions here which are opposed to yours and, what you deem negative against NuGnR, bother you so much why are you here. Why don't you go post on the HTGTH forum where posters are not allowed to say anything negative about NuGnR and even mention reunion...Seems to me that would be heaven to you

Ha. The more I defend the new band, the more you guys want me out.

Ain't happenin. Just because I like the new band doesn't mean I should leave.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right Axl would have been successful without Slash and Steven because he was so successful before they joined the band right?

I am not saying they were the only reason for AFD being such an epic classic as GnR was the sum of the parts and to say Axl would have made it anyway is being pretty shortsighted and ignoring the history of the band and how they actually made it...

In fact if it wasn't for Tom Zutaut getting Geffen to call in a favour with MTV and getting "Welcome to the Jungle" played the band might have faded into obscurity.

IMHO Tom Z was as important to the bands success as any of the members..and Vicky Hamilton deserves props also for booking the band in those early days and helping to build a following.

NuGnR fans should remember there would never had been a ChiDem if it had not been for the AFD lineup and people who supported it and helped make it a success...............

We'll recognize that if you guys move on, like Slash, Izzy and Duff have, and stop trying to bring people who actually support the new band down and attacking the band at every turn.

I will repeat what i said(which you ignored):

You bought up sales when you said "And I believe Axl could've made it. If it hadn't been Slash, it would've been some other guitarist". "Could've" made it strongly implies success in the music business, meaning sales.

CD only did what it did because it had the Guns N' Roses moniker on the front. It would have done much worse if it was a no name band like Guns were when they started off. Even with the advantage of a strong name and endless hype, it only sold a decent amount. Yet you state Axl could have made it with another guitarist, back then. Not a chance.

So Axl, with the GnR name and 13 million dollars and 10 years in the studio could not deliver a successful album, yet you think Axl could have made it back in the 80s with another guitar player...

Guest Sweet Tooth

No. He should not have kept the name in the first place.

Imagine though Axl died and then Dizzy Reed kept recording under GNR. That would be one awesome slap in the face. This forum would cease to exist.

Dizzy was never an original band member, that's why your theory won't ever work.

None of us know if the original members would or would not have been successful without GnR. So can the axl-lovers stop bashing slash, and the slash-lovers stop bashing axl. It is ridiculous. A Fan of the old band should be a fan of all members. And if not......just move on. Like ALL the members of the original band have. It is IDIOTIC for a fan on a rock forum to have more built up anger about Axl using the GnR name than Slash, Duff and Izzy do.

Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy were all extremely talented musicians, and all of them probably would have had a band that got a "shot" to make it big. Who knows, Axl and Izzy might be in a band right now together, Slash and Duff might be in a band together ......or they all might have flamed out, drugged out, and faded into local bar bands. We don't know, so stop with the bullshit comments that axl or slash wouldn't have made it without each other.

Imagine though Axl died and then Dizzy Reed kept recording under GNR. That would be one awesome slap in the face. This forum would cease to exist.

I wonder who gets the name if he dies? Beta?

It would revert to Slash and Duff - the minority owners of the GN'R brand.

Slash and Duff haven't owned Guns N' Roses since September 1st 1992. And they haven't been part of any legal partnership of GN'R since 12/31/1995. They may have a partial ownership of the songs, but the name itself belongs to Axl and whoever he chooses to leave it to.

Sorry to burst your little fantasy of "Axl dies, and Slash and Duff get GN'R back. Yippee" You know, that means when they die, it goes into the hands of Pearla and Duff's wife. Does that sound lovely to you?

Edited by Indigo Child

For the record, I would not have wanted any of them to keep the name. I wouldn't have wanted Slash to make records under the GNR banner without Axl, or Duff, or Izzy, Steven.

I wonder who gets the name if he dies? Beta?

It would revert to Slash and Duff - the minority owners of the GN'R brand.

Slash and Duff haven't owned Guns N' Roses since September 1st 1992. And they haven't been part of any legal partnership of GN'R since 12/31/1995. They may have a partial ownership of the songs, but the name itself belongs to Axl and whoever he chooses to leave it to.

Sorry to burst your little fantasy of "Axl dies, and Slash and Duff get GN'R back. Yippee" You know, that means when they die, it goes into the hands of Pearla and Duff's wife. Does that sound lovely to you?

you are so ridiculous

None of us know if the original members would or would not have been successful without GnR. So can the axl-lovers stop bashing slash, and the slash-lovers stop bashing axl. It is ridiculous. A Fan of the old band should be a fan of all members. And if not......just move on. Like ALL the members of the original band have. It is IDIOTIC for a fan on a rock forum to have more built up anger about Axl using the GnR name than Slash, Duff and Izzy do.

Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy were all extremely talented musicians, and all of them probably would have had a band that got a "shot" to make it big. Who knows, Axl and Izzy might be in a band right now together, Slash and Duff might be in a band together ......or they all might have flamed out, drugged out, and faded into local bar bands. We don't know, so stop with the bullshit comments that axl or slash wouldn't have made it without each other.

Groghan, you write the same repeated posts over and over and over again. Every time you mention that the name does not matter (this is also something you mention ever time) you never say that Slash or Duff should be allowed to use the name. You really can't have it both ways.

Slash had offers to join Kiss and Poison when he was still a teenager. Nothing wrong with discussing what would happen in a hypothetical sense.

Please stop using call caps in your posts. They don't make your arguments any more clear or valid.

Oh sorry, my BAD. I was under the impression that Axl legally owned the name, and that Slash and Duff signed it away. That's why I never talk about those two using the name.

And you dislike my use of capital letters? Wow. You really put that much interest into my posts that my use of grammar is something that has meaning for you? That is a little strange.

But sure. If talking about "what ifs" for a guitar player or singer regarding 30 years ago is interesting to you - go for it. My post was aimed at the clowns making comments like "slash would have been nothing without axl" or "axl would never have made it without slash".......because none of us know, so don't act like you DO.

Groghan, you write the same repeated posts over and over and over again. Every time you mention that the name does not matter (this is also something you mention ever time) you never say that Slash or Duff should be allowed to use the name. You really can't have it both ways.

Slash had offers to join Kiss and Poison when he was still a teenager. Nothing wrong with discussing what would happen in a hypothetical sense.

Please stop using call caps in your posts. They don't make your arguments any more clear or valid.

Oh sorry, my BAD. I was under the impression that Axl legally owned the name, and that Slash and Duff signed it away. That's why I never talk about those two using the name.

And you dislike my use of capital letters? Wow. You really put that much interest into my posts that my use of grammar is something that has meaning for you? That is a little strange.

But sure. If talking about "what ifs" for a guitar player or singer regarding 30 years ago is interesting to you - go for it. My post was aimed at the clowns making comments like "slash would have been nothing without axl" or "axl would never have made it without slash".......because none of us know, so don't act like you DO.

I really didn't get an answer to my question about the name, just a sarcastic reply. I was trying to give you a polite hint to stop using capital letters unless it is for a real emergency. You can it find it strange that I told you to stop doing it or whatever. I used to just skip over your posts. Keep on doing your annoying thing. Never mind.

If people want to say that one band member could have been successful without the other then that is cool. Nothing wrong with discussion. We don't need rigorous mathematical proofs to discuss Guns N' Roses. If we were all limited to discussing strict encyclopedic knowledge on GN'R then there would be a lot less discussion going on, and this place would be boring.

Oooooh. You have hurt my feelings with your personal insults. instead of attacking a poster that you disagree with, next time try and prove their argument wrong. And sure budddy, you skip and ignore my posts......but interestingly enough, you know what I ALWAYS post. Funny how that works.

Your initial question drew a sarcastic response because the question is idiotic. Axl legally OWNS the name. So why would anybody talk about "what ifs" of slash or duff owning it. There is plenty to discuss on this board, even for somebody like you, without having to delve into fairy tale land.

As for your last point. Wow. You seriously can't be this dense. Feel free to speculate all you want about what MIGHT of happened 25 years ago. Have fun. You keep missing my point. Let's try this one more time. Read it slow, maybe have a friend explain the point to you. It is ridiculous for people to say that axl or slash would have never been heard of without the other guy. Both musicians are way too talented for that to have happened. This topic is just a small group of haters bashing the other guy. It is ridiculous and just adds a bad vibe to the board.

I've never even seen your name before this topic. I guess your replies have never been compelling enough to draw my interest. Good luck ignoring my posts.