Kerrang! magazine 2010 Xmas edition

star

Was flicking through the Xmas 2010 issue of Kerrang! magazine today. They were reflecting back over the year. There was a small article on Guns N’Roses featuring an image of Slash and Axl. They praise Slash for the success of his album, and having good year. They bash Axl for destroying the GN’R legacy, his voice, dress sense, and the Axl Rose megaphone thing at Reading labelling it ‘embarrassing’. They had to dig up the Axl calling his ex band mate cancer thing. There was no mention of Duff.

Edited by star

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They bash Axl for destroying the GN’R legacy, his voice, dress sense, and the Axl Rose megaphone thing at Reading labelling it ‘embarrassing’.

I think the correct would be Axl saving the GN'R legacy, and I don't know how a music magazine can bash a voice when the voice is amazing. And dress sense? lol

And the Megaphone Incident at Reading was one of the most amazing GNR thing this year.

Way to go, Kerrang!

They bash Axl for destroying the GN’R legacy, his voice, dress sense, and the Axl Rose megaphone thing at Reading labelling it ‘embarrassing’.

I think the correct would be Axl saving the GN'R legacy, and I don't know how a music magazine can bash a voice when the voice is amazing. And dress sense? lol

And the Megaphone Incident at Reading was one of the most amazing GNR thing this year.

Way to go, Kerrang!

I enjoyed the gigs I went to, but...Kerrang kinda have a point I'm afraid.

Went to two concerts with people who weren't GnR fans and they both are now. Saw Axl and Duff reunite for one last time. Realized Axl's voice is better live in the flesh than on YouTube vids and got to meet dj at an after party. For me it's been a great year for GnR and I'm sick off these anti axl article writers in magazines. I'm not saying worship the guy, I'm just saying give an honest account of events, dont slag off concerts that I went to and witnessed 90 percent of people having a great time, falsy saying the band sucked and the crowd didn't enjoy it. Don't tell me CD is a shit album that's bummed because your more into shit like fallout boy or whatever. I'm 27 loved guns since I was 7 (cheers dad) so I know what I like, sick of reading articles that falsy slag off the band. Anyways rant over, peace and love to all. Merry Xmas my fellow gunners!!

Edited by stevo7

The Anti-Axl cupcakes have been really out in full force this week. Must be the fact that the band is doing really well...Another Christmas without a reunion :lol:

while theyre all still alive anything is possible and it WILL happen one of these days and im gonna be the first guy on here laughing at all u pricks that diss the original lineup

bashing a band that's in topform and praising a mediocre album, yep that's kerrang

Top form at what, though? A band that can play well live and at least get close to the album versions is the LEAST you should expect from a band charging the prices they charge for arena shows.

For Guns this was nothing but a touring year, touring old songs.

CD's been out for 2 years, an the leaks came out ages before that so even those songs are old by now.

I think the correct would be Axl saving the GN'R legacy

Saving? You think he saved GNR's legacy? Were you even alive during the UYI tour? I'm as big a fan of CD as even the biggest nut huger but that there's some pretty ridiculous shit. Outside of these tight little hard core communities, Guns N Roses, as it is now, is pretty much the butt to a joke that never ends. Everyone hates Axl and everyone thinks this is a cover band. This "legacy" you speak of, it rests in the past....like 20 years in the past. If you mention AFD around rock heads, you'll almost always hear praise and cheers. If you mention CD, or the new band, you'll almost always get shit slung at your face.

That's just the truth of the matter. It's almost impossible to be a CD fan these days and not have to put up with BS.

Edited by Nintari

Saving? You think he saved GNR's legacy? Were you even alive during the UYI tour? I'm as big a fan of CD as even the biggest nut huger but that there's some pretty ridiculous shit. Outside of these tight little hard core communities, Guns N Roses, as it is now, is pretty much the butt to a joke that never ends. Everyone hates Axl and everyone thinks this is a cover band. This "legacy" you speak of, it rests in the past....like 20 years in the past. If you mention AFD around rock heads, you'll almost always hear praise and cheers. If you mention CD, or the new band, you'll almost always get shit slung at your face.

That's just the truth of the matter. It's almost impossible to be a CD fan these days and not have to put up with BS.

:laugh:

I was relieved to see someone had already shredded apart Manet's little comment before I reached the end of the thread. The Duff "reunion" had more to do with chance than anything; nobody sought each other, they just met in a hotel.

Everyone hates Axl and everyone thinks this is a cover band.

Not everybody, most people don't care.......or even know old GNR broke up or never heard of CD.

And the younger kids, most don't even know who he (or GNR) is. If you mention November Rain, than they know, but that's kind of it.

The rock heads I know, don't like UYI and I I either only AFD was well received. That was back than, and it's often now.

Edited by MBRose