Hole

Vincent Vega

I'm probably gonna get bashed for this opinion but I was listening to Hole...And I'm going to be honest...I think Courtney was the more talented songwriter and Hole in general a better band than Nirvana. Kurt to me was a bit of a poser and really felt like he was this amazing person--He struck me as arrogant. Courtney, however, is genuinely an emotional fuck up (not a bad thing) and a bit of a head case...And when she sings of pain or anything of the sort, to me at least, it comes off a lot more genuine. Plus she's got a sexy voice.

I'm probably gonna get bashed for this opinion but I was listening to Hole...And I'm going to be honest...I think Courtney was the more talented songwriter and Hole in general a better band than Nirvana. Kurt to me was a bit of a poser and really felt like he was this amazing person--He struck me as arrogant. Courtney, however, is genuinely an emotional fuck up (not a bad thing) and a bit of a head case...And when she sings of pain or anything of the sort, to me at least, it comes off a lot more genuine. Plus she's got a sexy voice.

For someone that has a lot of character flaws, I can't comprehend why you spend a moment of your time criticizing others. I have to be honest. Your post just made me angry. Like really angry. I have to hand it to you though. I really can't believe you compacted all those offensively wrong statements in just a few sentences. You have to stop reading US Weekly with a fascination about celebrities and start looking at people as human beings. Kurt is dead. Leave him alone. Is this thread even about Hole? Please do the right thing and ask the moderators to delete your thread.

Why do you take me criticizing Kurt so personally?

As for looking at them as ''human beings'', I am. On a human level, from his interviews and whatnot, I honestly feel that Kurt believed his own press--That he was this amazing guy who was doing unheard of things. That's just how his personality--from his OWN interviews, not from a "US Weekly" article--struck me. You can criticize a dead person.

Yeah, it's about Hole...And seeing as Hole and Nirvana; Hole and Kurt were intimately connected, I figured I'd also use it to voice my opinions on a comparison between the two.

By the way, I never said I was perfect or flawless. You can have flaws and still criticize others.

Edited by Indigo Child

For someone that has a lot of character flaws, I can't comprehend why you spend a moment of your time criticizing others. I have to be honest. Your post just made me angry. Like really angry. I have to hand it to you though. I really can't believe you compacted all those offensively wrong statements in just a few sentences. You have to stop reading US Weekly with a fascination about celebrities and start looking at people as human beings. Kurt is dead. Leave him alone. Is this thread even about Hole? Please do the right thing and ask the moderators to delete your thread.

Yeah, IC you need to blow your brains out.

Yeah, IC you need to blow your brains out.

Now that's a fucked up statement.

Why do you take me criticizing Kurt so personally?

As for looking at them as ''human beings'', I am. On a human level, from his interviews and whatnot, I honestly feel that Kurt believed his own press--That he was this amazing guy who was doing unheard of things. That's just how his personality--from his OWN interviews, not from a "US Weekly" article--struck me. You can criticize a dead person.

Yeah, it's about Hole...And seeing as Hole and Nirvana; Hole and Kurt were intimately connected, I figured I'd also use it to voice my opinions on a comparison between the two.

By the way, I never said I was perfect or flawless. You can have flaws and still criticize others.

Why do you talk about other people like they're not even persons. You seem to know a lot about this Kurt guy. When's your detailed biography on the man going to be published? Did you interview his friends, colleagues, family to formulate your opinions. Did you internet your life away reading sensational articles from online sources and use minute quotes to paste together an overly simplistic glib conclusions on a complex person you never met. I think a lot of people can criticize dead people. Just not you.

I don't know much about you personally but imagine if everyone around in life from family, to friends, to employers defined you by your internet persona, based on forgettable comments you made two years ago, you wouldn't be very likable. Have some empathy. Do the right thing and ask a mod to delete your thread. It really is offensive.

What the hell are you talking about?

I've read two of what are considered by his own fans, it would seem, to be the best biographies on him--Heavier than Heaven, and Come as You Are: The Story of Nirvana. I've also read quite a few of his interviews. Considering he never really claimed to have a persona, it's just how his personality struck me. Of course I didn't know him, so maybe he was 100% different in private or in his mind or whatever, but I can't know that. I'm only forming my opinion based on who he was publicly. Sure, he was complex. He had a lot to him. He had a bad upbringing. He wasn't the happiest of people long before his suicide. He was sort of talented (But IMO a bit overrated). I recognize all of this. At the same time, I think his personality, or at the very least his way of presenting himself or going about shit, struck me as a bit arrogant. I'm entitled to have my own opinion.

I have empathy. I never said he was a horrible person, an evil person, a devil. I never said he was worthless or anything. It was sad he killed himself, the world was robbed of a talent and his fans were robbed of their hero, a person whose lyrics and music probably helped them through a lot of their own hard times. I just have my own reasons for not really liking him, besides the fact that his music with the exception of the last material (In Utero, You Know You're Right) isn't really my thing.

By the way my friends and family know what a moody person I am.

Search is your friend.

Hole. Do You Like Them?

Hole/Courtney Love. Any Fans?