The band

Vincent Vega

"I don't like Janes Addiction, but I don't go to their forum to hate on them. Why do you come here and do exactly that? I bet it's not something you let people in the real world know about (because it's fucking sad and pathetic, and you know it!)."

Because this "band" currently touring is not Guns N' Roses. Axl is not Guns N' Roses he's not fucking Trent Reznor. Get it through your head man and get a grip.

No matter how much you protest, whinge and bitch, it doesn't change the fact that this band IS Guns N Roses.

Get a life, loser.

There are plenty of "fans" that disagree. No reason to go about it in such an antagonizing way, but you're not doing much better by stating it so matter-of-factly. A lot of people on this board, and across the world, were won over by the original core of members.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't sit around coming up with threads to hate on him, we just want to enjoy the band that we have now, but you guys wont let it be.

You really did not just type that with a straight face I hope...you really don't need me to go find the numerous Slash hate threads which were recently created do you?

after all "somebody's gotta counter-attack"...

Because this "band" currently touring is not Guns N' Roses. Axl is not Guns N' Roses he's not fucking Trent Reznor. Get it through your head man and get a grip.

You can't be serious with that. Can you also tell us how to live our lives, and whom to believe in please?

And BTW, this is GNR. Like it or not, it's the truth, whether or not you want to accept it or not.

"I don't like Janes Addiction, but I don't go to their forum to hate on them. Why do you come here and do exactly that? I bet it's not something you let people in the real world know about (because it's fucking sad and pathetic, and you know it!)."

No matter how much you protest, whinge and bitch, it doesn't change the fact that this band IS Guns N Roses.

Get a life, loser.

There are plenty of "fans" that disagree. No reason to go about it in such an antagonizing way, but you're not doing much better by stating it so matter-of-factly. A lot of people on this board, and across the world, were won over by the original core of members.

I state it so matter-of-factly as that's what it is. The concerts I went to see earlier in the year, said 'Guns N Roses' on the tickets. Not 'Axl's hired guns', not 'Axl's cover band' but 'Guns N Roses'. Many of you may not like that, but it's tough. It is what it is, if you don't like it find a new party- Slash, Duff and Izzy did. What's keeping all of you here?

Go and live your life and enjoy the back catologue. What Axl is doing doesn't change the fact that the 'classic' line-up created some amazing music, go and enjoy that, don't sit around starting semantic arguments about the name of a band which in it's current incarnation you don't even like.

We don't sit around coming up with threads to hate on him, we just want to enjoy the band that we have now, but you guys wont let it be.

You really did not just type that with a straight face I hope...you really don't need me to go find the numerous Slash hate threads which were recently created do you?

Do you really think that before all of you NU-Guns hating cupcakes turned up that we sat around hating on Slash? The answer is no, we didn't. We couldn't care less.

Of course people are going to counter-attack. I'm guilty of biting back, but some of you guys really must have nothing better to do with your time.

It's all so unnecessary how every thread has to be turned into a Slash Vs Axl thread, after all we're all fans of the same band in one way or another.

Get a life, loser.

I state it so matter-of-factly as that's what it is. The concerts I went to see earlier in the year, said 'Guns N Roses' on the tickets. Not 'Axl's hired guns', not 'Axl's cover band' but 'Guns N Roses'. Many of you may not like that, but it's tough. It is what it is, if you don't like it find a new party- Slash, Duff and Izzy did. What's keeping all of you here?

Go and live your life and enjoy the back catologue. What Axl is doing doesn't change the fact that the 'classic' line-up created some amazing music, go and enjoy that, don't sit around starting semantic arguments about the name of a band which in it's current incarnation you don't even like.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff created the name, image, and the fan base. Just because Axl finagled the name from some ex-members doesn't mean jack. The current incarnation wouldn't have achieved nearly the "success" they have had if it wasn't for the Name and playing 3/4 of more of the back catalog. That is a fact. Sorry.

Get a life, loser.

Axl, Slash, Izzy, and Duff created the name, image, and the fan base. Just because Axl finagled the name from some ex-members doesn't mean jack. The current incarnation wouldn't have achieved nearly the "success" they have had if it wasn't for the Name and playing 3/4 of more of the back catalog. That is a fact. Sorry.

and so what?

Is that belief so important to you that you have to come here and make sure everyone knows it? If you don't like the new band vote with your wallet, don't buy their Cd's, don't go and see the live shows. Where's the attraction in pissing on everyone else's parade? I'm an old GN'R fan, that's how I got here. What's wrong with me thinking the new band rocks and wanting to support them? Why does that make me an Axhole or whatever the fuck you guys call it.

This section is for the current incarnation of Guns, why post here if you don't like them? (please answer this!) I like to spend my time and energy on things that I like, not things I don't.

Edited by axl8302

Do you really think that before all of you NU-Guns hating cupcakes turned up that we sat around hating on Slash? The answer is no, we didn't. We couldn't care less.

Of course people are going to counter-attack. I'm guilty of biting back, but some of you guys really must have nothing better to do with your time.

It's all so unnecessary how every thread has to be turned into a Slash Vs Axl thread, after all we're all fans of the same band in one way or another.

So anyone who offers an opinion you don't agree with related to NuGnR is a cupcake?

This is an open forum and I applaud the moderators for allowing us all to express our opinions here as long as we are reasonably respectful. If People expressing negative opinions about NuGnR offends you so much why don't you go to a forum like HTGTH where only positive views towards NuGnR are acceptable...sounds like you would be much happier there...........

People derailing thread and after thread with the same shit offends me. I don't care if you don't like the new band, I just don't understand how some of you can put so much time and effort into hating on it. Like I've said previously, I guess some of you just have nothing better to do with yourselves.

dude, this has been going on back and forth longer than you've been around. Don't try to change it, it will change you.

Get a life, loser.

and so what?

Is that belief so important to you that you have to come here and make sure everyone knows it? If you don't like the new band vote with your wallet, don't buy their Cd's, don't go and see the live shows. Where's the attraction in pissing on everyone else's parade? I'm an old GN'R fan, that's how I got here. What's wrong with me thinking the new band rocks and wanting to support them? Why does that make me an Axhole or whatever the fuck you guys call it.

This section is for the current incarnation of Guns, why post here if you don't like them? (please answer this!) I like to spend my time and energy on things that I like, not things I don't.

You're deluded. That's all I can say.

Nu-nu-Gn'R is plenty talented, I've bought their album, and was intended on seeing them during the '06 tour until they cancelled the San Fransisco stop. Hell, it's the closest thing to seeing the band I am, and have been, enamored with. Axl is still functioning at a decent level, and puts on a good show. I come here, as I have for six years (and before CD was even released), because I was a huge fan of everything they'd released up to that point.

However, it is bullshit that some people think I have to constantly praise the current form and Axl. The band today hasn't even released their own damn music, a lot of the material was created by people who aren't even with the band anymore. I was much more apt the support the Buckethead version; whereas this version feels like a damn rip-off, still feeding off the image and vibe of Izzy and Slash. I don't give a shit about who wore a tophat before Slash, be it Abe Lincoln or some semi-obscure musician, Slash made the damn image popular and certainly so within the context of this band.

I hold no biases, I do not subscribed to any form of music related publications and mygnrforum is about the only rock related source I attend. I simply do not like Chinese Democracy. I don't wear that as a badge, I don't hold that opinion to impress anyone or support any sort of expectations, I just don't like it. End of story. I've attended this board before it was released, and do not intend of leaving just because I don't like it or care for the current version of the band. As time has shown, there is nothing that shows this band will even hold itself together. You going to leave when they don't? Do you really think Guns N' Roses and Axl would have achieved what they did with Tracii Guns has his mutual-muse and cohort?

dude, this has been going on back and forth longer than you've been around. Don't try to change it, it will change you.

I've been around from the beginning dude.

Get a life, loser.

and so what?

Nu-nu-Gn'R is plenty talented, I've bought their album, and was intended on seeing them during the '06 tour until they cancelled the San Fransisco stop. Hell, it's the closest thing to seeing the band I am, and have been, enamored with. Axl is still functioning at a decent level, and puts on a good show. I come here, as I have for six years (and before CD was even released), because I was a huge fan of everything they'd released up to that point.

However, it is bullshit that some people think I have to constantly praise the current form and Axl. The band today hasn't even released their own damn music, a lot of the material was created by people who aren't even with the band anymore. I was much more apt the support the Buckethead version; whereas this version feels like a damn rip-off, still feeding off the image and vibe of Izzy and Slash. I don't give a shit about who wore a tophat before Slash, be it Abe Lincoln or some semi-obscure musician, Slash made the damn image popular and certainly so within the context of this band.

I hold no biases, I do not subscribed to any form of music related publications and mygnrforum is about the only rock related source I attend. I simply do not like Chinese Democracy. I don't wear that as a badge, I don't hold that opinion to impress anyone or support any sort of expectations, I just don't like it. End of story. I've attended this board before it was released, and do not intend of leaving just because I don't like it or care for the current version of the band. As time has shown, there is nothing that shows this band will even hold itself together. You going to leave when they don't? Do you really think Guns N' Roses and Axl would have achieved what they did with Tracii Guns has his mutual-muse and cohort?

You see what you're doing here is lumping me in with a lot of other posters who have obviously rattled your cage. When I have ever mentioned Tracii Guns, what has he got to do with this? Everything is a fucking competition with you! This person couldn't do it without this person, this person wouldn't have made it without this one- who cares? It's all speculative anyway, you don't know shit. You have no idea how things would've have turned out in any of the millions of different scenarios and variables that you reunion hangers-on throw about. what is your point? Please get to it.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you don't like CD and the new band, that's cool. I honestly couldn't care less. But don't piss on everyone else's parade because you didn't get the band you wanted.

I show up to see what Axl is up to I've been a fan forever. Maybe he'll do something cool one day like sit down for a huge interview or release a DVD.

See not all my comments are negative. :thumbsup:

wow, well done.

You see what you're doing here is lumping me in with a lot of other posters who have obviously rattled your cage.

You seem to do the same with anyone who expresses an opinion negative to NuGnR by calling them all cupcakes mate...Not everyone who does not worship NuGnR is a cupcake.........

GeorgeGlass is not a cupcake, mate?

You see what you're doing here is lumping me in with a lot of other posters who have obviously rattled your cage.

You seem to do the same with anyone who expresses an opinion negative to NuGnR by calling them all cupcakes mate...Not everyone who does not worship NuGnR is a cupcake.........

GeorgeGlass is not a cupcake, mate?

He can be hard core Anti Axl at times I have to agree but don't lump the rest of us in that category...There are cupcakes, both proAxl and proSlash, on both sides of the fence.......

I know it's not black and white, I'm not lumping you in that category, but he definitely belongs there along with evergreen_layne.

Get a life, loser.

and so what?

You see what you're doing here is lumping me in with a lot of other posters who have obviously rattled your cage. When I have ever mentioned Tracii Guns, what has he got to do with this? Everything is a fucking competition with you! This person couldn't do it without this person, this person wouldn't have made it without this one- who cares? It's all speculative anyway, you don't know shit. You have no idea how things would've have turned out in any of the millions of different scenarios and variables that you reunion hangers-on throw about. what is your point? Please get to it.

You're entitled to your opinion, if you don't like CD and the new band, that's cool. I honestly couldn't care less. But don't piss on everyone else's parade because you didn't get the band you wanted.

My point was that was Slash, and other core members, were essential to the band's success, image, and fan base. I have no idea where the competition is at.

You'll hardly ever seen a pro-Slash comment come out of me, or at least one that can be construed as a Slash nut hugger, or whatever the term is. I just don't care for the "You don't like Guns N' Roses v.18.... then get the fuck out!"

That was nice of you. Happy New Year to you too. :)

Well, we shouldn't take this too seriously. It's just music (fucking good music).

There, that right there, alot of people seem to forget it's just a Rock band A great one sure but it's just music

That was nice of you. Happy New Year to you too. :)

Well, we shouldn't take this too seriously. It's just music (fucking good music).

you been coming here for ages, what you just said is the first rule of this place.

Na man.

1st RULE: You do not talk about MYGNR.

this is Guns N' Roses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Guns_N'_Roses_band_members

Members

Axl Rose

Dizzy Reed

Tommy Stinson

Chris Pitman

Richard Fortus

Frank Ferrer

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

DJ Ashba

Past members

Tracii Guns

Ole Beich

Rob Gardner

Steven Adler

Izzy Stradlin

Gilby Clarke

Slash

Matt Sorum

Duff McKagan

Paul Tobias

Josh Freese

Buckethead

Bryan "Brain" Mantia

Robin Finck

all of this guys make their part in GNR, some in a small way others in a bigger way, but nevertheless they are all part of GNR!