IF GnR do tour the US in 2011 we may see cheaper tix!!!

bigcountry

US lower concert tix for 2011???

So IF and that is a "BIG IF" GNR do tour the states in 2011 we may very well see cheaper tickets???? But the promoters hope to make it up at the merchandise stands????

It says that ZZtops tix will be around $55 on the high end and $10 for the low end. I know ZZtop isn't as huge of a draw as it use to be but they do have a following that is pretty loyal.

Also said Axls friends at Live Nation are going to have to keep ponying up the money for the bigger artist cause they are more less being out bid by the other promotion companies out there??? I for the life of me don't know who they are though.

So for all you haters that say the US market is strong and GNR in your eyes suck too much for the US do a little reading here and you will see that your logic is unfounded as far as the US market not being soft.

I live in a large US Market, and would love to see them by-pass the AEG 20,000 seat arena, and play in one of the newer 5000-10000 seat arenas in the city. I think in many of the markets like mine (15-50 in total US market size) they would draw much better ticket sales (higher demand, as there are a few less tickets available), and a better buzz. Outside of NYC, Chicago, and LA, I think the band would do themselves well booking more intimate venues. The true fans would benefit from this as well. I have seen many big acts this year try to fill the 20,000 seat arena, and typically it's half full, the sound sucks, and its a buzz kill. Build it from the ground up, and sell out shows at smaller venues with better acoustics and seats. Most of the big cities have large theaters that seat over 4000, which would be perfect. I'm not talking smaller theaters like the Warfield--places with higher capacity, but not the huge ice-sheds which typically suck acoustically anyways.