Richard Fortus and Izzy

fergus

Do u think Axl did on purpose to choose Richard Fortus because he looks like Izzy for his own amusement? :question:

Since Izzy was Alx's best friend before the breakup, wen on stage he still felt like he had his Izzy next to him...? hihi

Axl has done some pretty eccentric stuff in the past so it would not surprise me lol

Call me crazy but they do look alike

Edited by fergus

I'm pretty sure thats why he chose gilby too, they are all similair in style but 4tus is a little more enthusiastic about playing if you know what I mean

According to Slash's book, it was Slash who discovered Gilby. Slash says he felt Gilby was the only player around who had the same guitar style as Izzy, and added he also felt they looked alike.

Axl wanted Dave Navarro, who looks nothing like Izzy, to replace Izzy.

Edited by Indigo Child

It's something I kinda wondered about too. Facially, there's a definite resemblance.

It's the same thing that kinda bugs me about DJ's Slash doppelganger look. Before anyone gets all riled up, I enjoyed CD, enjoy the new band and they're both very good guitarists; but it does seem kinda disingenuous for Axl to be calling his band Guns N' Roses and have what seems to be Izzy and Slash lookalikes performing alongside him. I'm sure there are other guitarists that would have fit the bill that wouldn't cause this problem. But then Axl and a certain subset of his fanbase wouldn't get to whine about how he's being persecuted over his choice of bandmates, which sometimes comes off as more important to him/them.

Plus Frank Ferrer is a dead ringer for Steven Adler :P

It's something I kinda wondered about too. Facially, there's a definite resemblance.

It's the same thing that kinda bugs me about DJ's Slash doppelganger look. Before anyone gets all riled up, I enjoyed CD, enjoy the new band and they're both very good guitarists; but it does seem kinda disingenuous for Axl to be calling his band Guns N' Roses and have what seems to be Izzy and Slash lookalikes performing alongside him. I'm sure there are other guitarists that would have fit the bill that wouldn't cause this problem. But then Axl and a certain subset of his fanbase wouldn't get to whine about how he's being persecuted over his choice of bandmates, which sometimes comes off as more important to him/them.

So when Axl had Paul Tobias (who looks nothing Izzy or Gilby) and Buckethead (who looks nothing like Slash) or BBF (who looks nothing like Slash) was he trying to have Slash and Izzy lookalikes alongside him to be disingenuous?

Is there nothing Axl won't get criticized for on this forum?

I'm pretty sure thats why he chose gilby too, they are all similair in style but 4tus is a little more enthusiastic about playing if you know what I mean

According to Slash's book, it was Slash who discovered Gilby. Slash says he felt Gilby was the only player around who had the same guitar style as Izzy, and added he also felt they looked alike.

Axl wanted Dave Navarro, who looks nothing like Izzy, to replace Izzy.

Oh yeah that's where I got mixed up sorry

So when Axl had Paul Tobias (who looks nothing Izzy or Gilby) and Buckethead (who looks nothing like Slash) or BBF (who looks nothing like Slash) was he trying to have Slash and Izzy lookalikes alongside him to be disingenuous?

This is why I led the point with "before everyone gets all riled up...". But since you skipped right past that, guess who I consider to be part of the certain subset of fans I mentioned.

For the record, I agree that Paul, Bucket and Ron look nothing like Slash or Izzy. Which is completely irrelevant to the point that DJ and Richard DO, but I'm guessing you know that. If Slash hired a redhead in a kilt to be his singer, I'm sure you'd be on that like a fat kid on candy.

This is why I led the point with "before everyone gets all riled up...". But since you skipped right past that, guess who I consider to be part of the certain subset of fans I mentioned.

For the record, I agree that Paul, Bucket and Ron look nothing like Slash or Izzy. Which is completely irrelevant to the point that DJ and Richard DO, but I'm guessing you know that. If Slash hired a redhead in a kilt to be his singer, I'm sure you'd be on that like a fat kid on candy.

And if they do, so what? You think it's intentional?

And no, I really don't care what Slash does these days. Notice I don't go into the Slash section of the forum much and bitch about everything Slash does, unlike what many do with regard to Axl/new Guns in this section. I have no problem with Slash, it's his fanboys whom I dislike.

And if they do, so what? You think it's intentional?

I think the question bears asking. Like I said in my original post, both are very talented guitarists but there a ton of those currently roaming the planet who don't resemble those two and where it wouldn't be an issue. There's already enough confusion/negativity surrounding the name of the band. It seems like it would be easier not to have what could be construed as two lookalikes from the original lineup playing alongside Axl. But then certain people wouldn't get to whine about Axl being "unfairly criticized" or what have you.

Not everyone who asks a question where the answer could reflect negatively on Axl is trying to persecute him.

Not me. 'cause I don't give a fuck about who $la$h would hire.

Do u think Axl did on purpose to choose Richard Fortus because he looks like Izzy for his own amusement? :question:

Since Izzy was Alx's best friend before the breakup, wen on stage he still felt like he had his Izzy next to him...? hihi

Axl has done some pretty eccentric stuff in the past so it would not surprise me lol

Call me crazy but they do look alike

Probably.

That's probably why Axl chose Buckethead, as he looks just like Slash only with a different hat and mask.

Probably.

That's probably why Axl chose Buckethead, as he looks just like Slash only with a different hat and mask.

So basicly only their hair looks the same? :question:

Buckethead looks nothing like Slash! You just insulted Slash! :rofl-lol:

Slash is way more attractive!