Can Female Rock Fans Be Taken Seriously By The Band They Admire?

American Psycho

Women who are actually fans can be taken seriously. It goes both ways, women arent the only ones to proclaim their love for bands despite only knowing one or two songs by them. My boss told me he was disappointed he had missed Rush when they came through but he had never even heard of 2112, my roommate in the dorms told me he loved Tom Petty but had never heard of Refugee or Dont Do Me Like That, and one of my current roommates claims his favorite band is Pink Floyd but when he comes into my room and Im listening to Comfortably Numb he had no idea what was on. There are plenty of males out their who shouldnt be taken seriously either.

Women who are actually fans can be taken seriously. It goes both ways, women arent the only ones to proclaim their love for bands despite only knowing one or two songs by them. My boss told me he was disappointed he had missed Rush when they came through but he had never even heard of 2112, my roommate in the dorms told me he loved Tom Petty but had never heard of Refugee or Dont Do Me Like That, and one of my current roommates claims his favorite band is Pink Floyd but when he comes into my room and Im listening to Comfortably Numb he had no idea what was on. There are plenty of males out their who shouldnt be taken seriously either.

Those people piss me off....

Those people piss me off....

Oh yeah, me too. I just remembered this guy from high school who told me he loved Metallica, I told I had recently been listening to the Ride the Lightning and ...And Justice For All albums and he had never even heard of them. I just have no idea what to do when this happens, its always really awkward because I want to tell them they arent fans at all. Its like the equivalent of those droves of people who claim to love NFL teams (I swear some people only do it because its popular) but likely cant tell me the names of more than 3 players, one more reason I greatly prefer college ball.

I did have an intelligent conversation (well probably not that intelligent...I was smashed) with this chick in front of my building the other day about GNR. I had mentioned something about how I play the guitar and when asked what I play I said that I learned a GNR song that day, upon hearing that she said she loved the band and asked if I knew how to play SCOM and I immediately figured she was one of those stereotypical dumb broads, she told me she really liked the song My Michelle too and I was shocked. The whole experienced sort of restored some of my faith in humanity.