Axl's voice now

Vincent Vega

Only problem with 2010 voice is that he lost a bit of mid-range tone and can't sing clean (without rasp) any longer on higher pitch songs, like SOD.

And Axl's prime voice was certainly pre-90's - nothing comes close to this. So much power, soul & control it's overwhelming.

Edited by trqster

There is something awkward with his 2010's voice.

He can sing a lot of songs better than 2006, with raspier voices (like Rocket Queen), but he can't sing Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain properly. Some shows from Europe 2010 (like Helsinki, Moscow) he almost nailed it, but in the rest of the shows he was painfull.

In that 2 specific songs, 2006 tour was a better moment for Axl's voice.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

He can sing a lot of songs better than 2006, with raspier voices (like Rocket Queen), but he can't sing Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain properly. Some shows from Europe 2010 (like Helsinki, Moscow) he almost nailed it, but in the rest of the shows he was painfull.

I See what your saying but i don't think its these songs. I think SCOM 2010 is better than 06, i think the rock am ring sweet child is one of the worst ever versions. his best voice for sweet child imo was 02. Nov. rain has sounded great all 3 imo, the reading 2010 one is a good one.

I think hes better on most of the old tracks imo, but i prefered better in 06 (mainly fitness wise, not a dig at him btw) and Street of dreams/madagasar in 2002.

I See what your saying but i don't think its these songs. I think SCOM 2010 is better than 06, i think the rock am ring sweet child is one of the worst ever versions. his best voice for sweet child imo was 02. Nov. rain has sounded great all 3 imo, the reading 2010 one is a good one.

I think hes better on most of the old tracks imo, but i prefered better in 06 (mainly fitness wise, not a dig at him btw) and Street of dreams/madagasar in 2002.

I really disagree with Better being better in 2006. I never liked them doing that song live at all until this tour. In fact there was a lot of songs I thought the new band didn't perform all that great in 2006. You Could Be Mine and Paradise City especially. They really nail those in 2010.

His current voice is by far the best it's been since the 90's, and it's really winning people back over. I remember in 2006 looking at youtube videos people would be pretty negative, even though he was still good in 2006. Now you look at videos from this year and everyone is saying how his voice is back. He's singing with a lot more rasp, and I can't think of a time he had more power in his screams except maybe 92/93. If you compare him to similar singers at their age, he blows them out of the water. Dio is the only other singer I can think of that was great at Axls age, and sounded like his younger years. Especially the styles they sing. Very impressive.

He's got his voice back. Got his style back. Has a great band. I want to hear an album from them.

He honestly doesn't sound like anything from the past. He sounds great today!

In the old days his voice was most of the time questionable.

+ 1

best voice ever is 2010 (and yes I've heard him since early early days)

and let's hope it will keep it there in 2011 and the years to come, if he'll feel like singing for the next 10 years or so :rofl-lol:

once I read one of you writing something that Axl's voice is like wine, most definitively true.

Axl can sing in many ways.

Watch this video, check the intro. Axl voice was not very good on this year, but the intro was the best he ever done, so powerful, and he didn't sing it like he used to do on the Illusions Tour neither how he did on the other Chinese Democracy tours.

For me Axl's 1986 voice was the best. He had great power and depth and didn't have much of that nasily twang he later developed. But the Don't Cry version at the Troubadour is just so beautiful and melancholic! I love his soft and gentle voice that he uses on Don't Cry and Patience. He's so soulful on these kinda songs -makes ya wonder why he doesn't write songs like this more often. I wish he wud use this voice more often. It's magic and shows what a great singer he is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTW5n1XNxHU

Axl can sing in many ways.

Watch this video, check the intro. Axl voice was not very good on this year, but the intro was the best he ever done, so powerful, and he didn't sing it like he used to do on the Illusions Tour neither how he did on the other Chinese Democracy tours.

Heartily disagree. Even though there are a lot of time where it really just sounds like he's screaming and not singing. I think it works just great. The Asia shows were really pretty iffy since he hadn't done anything for two years and it showed. But once he got to the Canada shows, I feel it is the all around best voice he's had in all of the CD tours. But really, I think 1988 is probably the best voice he ever had. You're Crazy from Tokyo 1988 is pretty much the apex and classic sound when I think of Axl singing.