Piano man Rose

Joeofthedragon

Anybody else think it would be a cool idea for axl to record a full album of just him playing piano?? or am I smoking to much Weed...

LOL It would be cool AND you are probably smoking too much weed :thumbsup:

Maybe this would appeal to some of the audience,but I think most would rather hear a GNR album take a minimalist approach, some instrumentals,some piano based songs with added guitars, a pure piano instrumental album would have the haters out in droves,and wouldn't go over well with most of the

GNR fans,just imo.

His piano parts like Prostitute and This I Love really don't get the credit they deserve. Even his cover of Elton John from this tour is pretty special, it's probably my most listened to track from the Tokyo bootleg. Some paino reinterpretations of the songs on Chinese Democracy would make me an incredibly happy fan.

Edited by plonker88

I think it would be cool, maybe for a solo album or something along those lines.

yea that would be sweet, just think if he did something where he had someone film him playing all the piano parts to some old and new songs, in his home on a grand piano or something. That would be insane rock3

Maybe one of those Sessions @ AOL or one time things for the GNR website with him behind the piano going through songs. Trent Reznor had talked about doing some solo shows like that under his own name. Thom Yorke did The Eraser which was more or less just him.

Reznor also did those "Ghosts" CDs, which was songs that were either NIN outtakes, or just stuff he had kicking around that didn't fit in on any of the other albums.

McCartney had done The Fireman CDs with Youth, so maybe Axl would do something like that under an assumed name and release it independently, just to see how it would do. Axl could always call Youth and Moby and come up with something.

you know I believe that Axl is a real artist, not only a good musican. You can hear it in his songs n' lyrics n' melodies that there is something more into it than just music. DJ Ashba said once that it's amazing just to hear Axl improvising on the piano. That's when the best music really comes up - when you are not tryin, not even willing to make music, to make music that someone likes, not to be heard or liked. Sadly, in it's definition, this music is never to be heard by us, by public cus in the moment he would want to record it for public, it wouldn't be the same. The real art is not for public, but for the artist himself.

you know I believe that Axl is a real artist, not only a good musican. You can hear it in his songs n' lyrics n' melodies that there is something more into it than just music. DJ Ashba said once that it's amazing just to hear Axl improvising on the piano. That's when the best music really comes up - when you are not tryin, not even willing to make music, to make music that someone likes, not to be heard or liked. Sadly, in it's definition, this music is never to be heard by us, by public cus in the moment he would want to record it for public, it wouldn't be the same. The real art is not for public, but for the artist himself.

so true. :thumbsup:

you are cool.

i like your attitude towards music and musicians.

I always wondered why GNR even needed Dizzy Reed. When it comes to tickling the ivories, Axl should do it.

Axl once said something to the effect of that Dizzy was useful for songs like Estranged, which involves piano, but where Axl didn't want to be sitting at a piano playing it.

He also felt Dizzy's keyboards added to UYI (album) songs that the band had no intention of having keyboards on. I recall reading Axl saying they were basically auditioning him, and they happened to be recording or working on a new track--which they had no intention of using keyboards on--and Dizzy started playing his keyboards on it and Axl felt it took the song higher.